Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by Sycamore
Alpine is markleeville, right?

when I drove through, it looked like the rural west, could have been anywhere in the intermountain west. flatbed trucks, welding rigs, and heavy equipment in every fourth backyard. kind of like Silverton, CO

Compared to Markleeville, Silverton is a booming metropolis.

Kind of surprised that Sierra county doesn't have a hospital. Although thinking about it - there's not much there, there. Downieville and Loyalton and not much else. Sierra City and Sierraville are tiny - maybe a hundred or so people in each?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Dutch
Or, as in our case, we have ICU beds, but the hospital refuses to take corona cases....

Interesting.

Maybe hospitals should be like most fire departments? Non-discriminatory.

Stay safe friend.

Map wouldn't open on the page, so I have no idea if we are one of those counties. I know most anything seriously life threatening here gets flown out, so maybe no real ICU.

Geno

My understanding is that community hospitals have to take any patient that shows up. For-profit hospitals do not.

Community hospitals being "not for profit" I guess?

But not really in the truest sense of the word?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by waterrat
I live 20 miles from a village and soon there will be no travel due to break-up, if at 69 I show syptoms I will retire to the guest cabin and either emerge or not!!

Stay safe up there. Hopefully, your relative isolation will work in your favor.

After break up comes fishing, no? Go fishing........alone.

Best wishes.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Your buds are having to go to CRNA nurse practitioners because there arent enough Drs after Zero fugged health care, dumbass.

Be a man if you can and own it.

Soon the only Dr you can see will probably be on CCTV.

Fughk your lieberal corksuckers in government. They cut Corona Care today to trash the economy.

You want to make a bet on whether Trump rolls over or puts the dick to them?

Your biltch piglosi tying an abortion bill onto a national crisis Corona care plan and yet you can find nothing wrong with it because you're a lieberal POS.

What have you got against CRNAs?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Nothing. They are great, unless you really need a fuggin dr. What do you have against drs?

You dont want to hear of a few things I've seen, really. Actually with some MDs too.

You really dont want to go there, whether you know it or not.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/22/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
CRNA is certified registered nurse anesthesiologist, yes?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Jaguartx
Ream his ass brother. They can’t stand the truth. Fools don’t realize we had healthcare crisis before the China flu. Went to ER at large hospital last summer with heart attack symptoms. Didn’t see a doctor for eight hours and didn’t get a room for sixteen hours. Repeatedly they came out to only to say no available beds. ER was full of illegals, trash, and freeloaders. They were literally laughing and snickering at the few old Americans that had old traditional values and thought they would be helped.
America First. Take care of the right people and they’ll take care of America.
Give em hell jag, ain’t many of us left. “God Bless Texas”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Correct. CRNAs provide care in concert with a physician anesthesiologist, they aren't allowed to practice without physician oversight, but I have known a surgeon or two who prefer to have veteran CRNAs pass gas in lieu of a rookie physician.

Nurse Practitioners and Physicians' Assistants allow a physician to extend the amount of primary care that can be provided. Many rural hospitals and clinics employ NPs and PAs because they earn less than a board certified physician and can provide a wide range of routine primary care. That model runs into trouble when the mix of care in demand goes from routine to emergency.

Maybe this will be the catalyst for an overhaul of the healthcare delivery and payment systems.

When I was in healthcare administration, most NPs, and PAs weren't allowed to practice medicine without physician supervision, but it has been almost 25 years since I did that sort of work and it is likely that rules and regulations have changed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
PAs and NPs in my area all have a MD "supervising".

How closely I cannot tell you.

I can tell you that in our very rural county a person is most likely to be seen by a PA/NP and never meet the MD.

Geno

In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Correct. CRNAs provide care in concert with a physician anesthesiologist, they aren't allowed to practice without physician oversight, but I have known a surgeon or two who prefer to have veteran CRNAs pass gas in lieu of a rookie physician.

Nurse Practitioners and Physicians' Assistants allow a physician to extend the amount of primary care that can be provided. Many rural hospitals and clinics employ NPs and PAs because they earn less than a board certified physician and can provide a wide range of routine primary care. That model runs into trouble when the mix of care in demand goes from routine to emergency.

Maybe this will be the catalyst for an overhaul of the healthcare delivery and payment systems.

When I was in healthcare administration, most NPs, and PAs weren't allowed to practice medicine without physician supervision, but it has been almost 25 years since I did that sort of work and it is likely that rules and regulations have changed.

I’ll correct you on a few things. I’ve done close to 20k cases, of all kinds, working with all-specialty surgeons without an anesthesiologist within fifty miles. In many states like as in Iowa, we have prescriptive authority. I also had a post-graduate credential to practice pain management from what was the American Academy of a Pain Management.

And, in some cases I was requested.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 03/23/20.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

That would be great if it changed. Been happy with the NP I see.

Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

I’ll correct you on a few things. I’ve done close to 20k cases, of all kinds, working with all-specialty surgeons without an anesthesiologist within fifty miles. In many states like as in Iowa, we have prescriptive authority. I also had a post-graduate credential to practice pain management from what was the American Academy of a Pain Management.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
OMG!!!!!

I just realized that we dont have a level one trauma center or a huge hospital with numerous ICU beds in my county!!!!

You would think that with less than 7000 people in the county they would build two such gigantic hospitals.

The nerve.....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
OMG!!!!!

I just realized that we dont have a level one trauma center or a huge hospital with numerous ICU beds in my county!!!!
You would think that with less than 7000 people in the county they would build two such gigantic hospitals.
The nerve.....

HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!!!!!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I'm gonna have to move to Seattle now.

Schit.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I'm gonna have to move to Seattle now.

Schit.

I think slumlord likes Billings.

Why not move there instead of Seattle?

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you will be a great Seachicken fan. you might even make the kickoff return squad as a walk-on, lol

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kid0917
you will be a great Seachicken fan. you might even make the kickoff return squad as a walk-on, lol

I would watch football again if Jim could come out to return kickoffs in his union suit. With a beer in his hand maybe?

Geno

Last edited by Valsdad; 03/23/20.

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
No Level One Trauma Center in Billings.

Its either Seattle or Denver for me now.

I am MAGA.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Sycamore: Yikes - I and the VarmintWife are apparently living in a "county" with NO I.C.U. beds?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

481 members (12344mag, 219DW, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,144
Posts18,502,772
Members73,991
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.