Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BountyHunter
my bet is he just got everyone to get on the "it's the governors fault" band wagon and he is off the hook.

Whatever one says about Trump, he is a GREAT marketer! As the old saying goes, "Say something loud enough and long enough, and people will believe it". His press conferences certainly are great examples of this.

Yesterday's New York Times contains an article "Email Chain Shows Alarm Experts Felt in Early Days". The article shows that concern was being voiced as early as January. Trump ignored the warnings ans voiced anger at those who predicted a bad outcome.

Trump did ban travel from China on January 31, 2020, even though Corona Virus outbreak in Wuhan was known in December, 2019 (although not fully appreciated). In the case of an infectious disease, limiting travel is like closing the barn door after the horse escapes; however (in such cases), it is nearly impossible to contain such diseases. Say, an international company holds a meeting in London and executives from around the world gather. Whatever viruses any one of them carry will be transmitted to the others who will return home and spread the illness even though they do not exhibit symptoms for up to 14 days; they meet with others, they shop, attend close gatherings, pump gas, etc., each time transferring the virus to people and surfaces.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Did anyone see his news conference today?

He said exactly what I had wished he had done yesterday. He dropped responsibility for opening the States in the States' laps.

Great flanking move! cool cool

More like a good recovery.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by djs
my bet is he just got everyone to get on the "it's the governors fault" band wagon and he is off the hook.

Whatever one says about Trump, he is a GREAT marketer! As the old saying goes, "Say something loud enough and long enough, and people will believe it". His press conferences certainly are great examples of this.

Yesterday's New York Times contains an article "Email Chain Shows Alarm Experts Felt in Early Days". The article shows that concern was being voiced as early as January. Trump ignored the warnings ans voiced anger at those who predicted a bad outcome.

Trump did ban travel from China on January 31, 2020, even though Corona Virus outbreak in Wuhan was known in December, 2019 (although not fully appreciated). In the case of an infectious disease, limiting travel is like closing the barn door after the horse escapes; however (in such cases), it is nearly impossible to contain such diseases. Say, an international company holds a meeting in London and executives from around the world gather. Whatever viruses any one of them carry will be transmitted to the others who will return home and spread the illness even though they do not exhibit symptoms for up to 14 days; they meet with others, they shop, attend close gatherings, pump gas, etc., each time transferring the virus to people and surfaces.

BULLSHIT. Trump acted on what that Hillary ball washer Fauci was telling him as LATE AS MARCH this virus was not that big of a deal. Stop making crap up and trying to obfuscate with faint praise. "not fully appreciated"? That's NYT spin. How about it was DELIBERATELY done by the chinese...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Agreed, the President is not correct. What he CAN do is open our doors to trade, but he cannot force the states to do so. i still find it amusing the democrats are all of a sudden becoming "States rights" supporters. rich...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Agreed, the President is not correct. What he CAN do is open our doors to trade, but he cannot force the states to do so. i still find it amusing the democrats are all of a sudden becoming "States rights" supporters. rich...

I thought since he was acting under an emergency, he did have that authority.

IC B2

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Interstate commerce covers just about every item in the United States. That’s how this plays out under the current laws. Feds control that. Ed k

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI

I saw the Mississippi Governor interviewed on Fox and Friends this morning. It sounds like he is going to send the state back to work very soon.

Suffered some terrible tornadoes yesterday.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep. Not something that made him look good or smart, sadly.

Something Upchuck knows a lot about.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Well, he DID get most of the D governors to jump up and say that they will handle it.
It'll be on them.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by djs

What an absolute stupid fuqk you are, pure bull schit, of course you know this but it doesn't fit your agenda.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by djs

What an absolute stupid fuqk you are, pure bull schit, of course you know this but it doesn't fit your agenda.

Paul, he's parroting his CNN suckass breakfast.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
For such a smart guy I believe Trump stepped on his dauber.

He has been saying that he's the supreme one when it comes to opening the economy back up, and the States' governors have no authority to do so. He has that just backwards, Constitutionally.

So, that leads me to his blunder. Yes, anyone can screw up sometimes.

He should have said "OK, fine, open your States up. It's your call and States' Rights". If things went to hell after they opened things, he could blame the liberal governors and hammer them for liberal stupidity.

If all went great, he could say " See...My policies worked just as we had planned".

He needs better advice or needs to take good advice. This was a golden opportunity missed.

...still...M A G A President Trump!

Have you figured out why he did what he did yet?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He does control interstate commerce, but not items in the state. I think his statement is fair, and he can give enough rope to governors to let them shoulder some of the risk.
I think the statement is not an encompassing binding legal action.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,613 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,815
Posts18,477,658
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.