Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by BountyHunter
my bet is he just got everyone to get on the "it's the governors fault" band wagon and he is off the hook.

Whatever one says about Trump, he is a GREAT marketer! As the old saying goes, "Say something loud enough and long enough, and people will believe it". His press conferences certainly are great examples of this.

Yesterday's New York Times contains an article "Email Chain Shows Alarm Experts Felt in Early Days". The article shows that concern was being voiced as early as January. Trump ignored the warnings ans voiced anger at those who predicted a bad outcome.

Trump did ban travel from China on January 31, 2020, even though Corona Virus outbreak in Wuhan was known in December, 2019 (although not fully appreciated). In the case of an infectious disease, limiting travel is like closing the barn door after the horse escapes; however (in such cases), it is nearly impossible to contain such diseases. Say, an international company holds a meeting in London and executives from around the world gather. Whatever viruses any one of them carry will be transmitted to the others who will return home and spread the illness even though they do not exhibit symptoms for up to 14 days; they meet with others, they shop, attend close gatherings, pump gas, etc., each time transferring the virus to people and surfaces.

BULLSHIT. Trump acted on what that Hillary ball washer Fauci was telling him as LATE AS MARCH this virus was not that big of a deal. Stop making crap up and trying to obfuscate with faint praise. "not fully appreciated"? That's NYT spin. How about it was DELIBERATELY done by the chinese...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”