Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by luv2safari
For such a smart guy I believe Trump stepped on his dauber.

He has been saying that he's the supreme one when it comes to opening the economy back up, and the States' governors have no authority to do so. He has that just backwards, Constitutionally.

So, that leads me to his blunder. Yes, anyone can screw up sometimes.

He should have said "OK, fine, open your States up. It's your call and States' Rights". If things went to hell after they opened things, he could blame the liberal governors and hammer them for liberal stupidity.

If all went great, he could say " See...My policies worked just as we had planned".

He needs better advice or needs to take good advice. This was a golden opportunity missed.

...still...M A G A President Trump!

Jesus H Christ?? What’s wrong with you??? If trump doesn’t do a god damn thing then these states will sit there do nothing, cry Wo is me I need money and keep sucking the .gov tit for more money. Trump is 100% right saying everyone needs to get back to work. If states choose to ignore this, then no more federal money..

Not a [bleep] this is wrong with me. You need to read this again, it appears. He missed a great political opportunity, and I am convinced it was a big mistake. He has that inconvenient Constitution everyone here waves when 2A is involved. Well, 10A is now the subject.

Please read up on The Law of The Land.

Nope, wasn’t a mistake on trumps part.. everyone cries states rights until they need some money from uncle sugar.. are states going to stop interstate commerce?

As much as some States would like it otherwise, the federal government is the sole controller of interstate commerce.

The States are sole controller of intrastate commerce. The Reserve Clause at work...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”