B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by 30338
Over 70, stay home a few months. That is not the same as saying we don't care and wish you would die.

Lots of folks 70 and older still work.

I am 82 and no longer afraid of much of anything. My wife died last fall at age 80 and Death has no hold on me anymore.

I'm so sorry to hear that, you have my sincere condolences. I'd been wondering why you weren't on the Fire much if at all recently, now it all makes sense.

DEATH be not proud...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
My dad, at 86 years of age has gained enough fuggin knowledge over those 86 years to know that he needs to keep the hell away from most everybody and shelter his azz at home right now.
So NO face to face with him currently, would it work over the phone, face time maybe?

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by MILES58
Like i posted on Monday-this flatten the curve/stop the spread was never about we the taxpayers NOT getting COVID-19, it was about NOT overwhelming the healthcare system.

Hate to break to most here but those that have the say DGAF if you get it they just didn't want everybody to get it at the same time.

Exactly! Nor is the testing going to prevent squat. The only thing that will prevent more infections is vaccination and speed getting it done.

Testing in concert with forced quarantine can slow it down, but the infectivity of this virus while lower than something like smallpox or measles, remains over a longer asymptomatic period and does not appear to net out that an infected covid 19 individual infects fewer people that an infected measles individual.

Vaccination is at least a year + out.
Merica will be dust by then.

Vaccination does not necessarily need to be more than year out. Conventional testing and protocols of vaccines have an objective of minimizing the harm or potential harm they may do. The are parts of the development cycle that we may be able to shorten considerably with little or no risk and there are parts which we may be able to shorten by taking a calculated risk.

Even were we to abandon all control measures and let a million or more people die that isn't going end us. That is not and should not be something we give much consideration to in that we as a nation are pretty good at solving problems. Particularly since we have the ability now today to prevent a lot of needless death.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
My dad, at 86 years of age has gained enough fuggin knowledge over those 86 years to know that he needs to keep the hell away from most everybody and shelter his azz at home right now.
So NO face to face with him currently, would it work over the phone, face time maybe?

haha!

Dad is 75. If I was dying of Covid he would still want to have coffee.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Old saying in the USAF: "If you're not terrified, you don't understand the situation".

I'm soon to be 80 years old and, while I hate to say I'm terrified, I am being very cautious about what I do and where I go, if anywhere.

I pretty much resent the azzhats on this board and elsewhere who complain that their ability to make a buck is more important than my life and that I should just keel over and die so they can go get rich.

[Linked Image]
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

haha!

Mine retired[from here] 2 years ago, we had coffee every workday for 35+ years, he did the same with his dad.

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hey...I supported the shut down.

I also support a metered and logical approach to getting things going again.

WTF is wrong with that?

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

haha!

Mine retired[from here] 2 years ago, we had coffee every workday for 35+ years, he did the same with his dad.

We actually suggested to my folks that we, (wife and kids) would gladly stay away until this all sorted itself out.

They said BS. Bring them kids up.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jnyork
Old saying in the USAF: "If you're not terrified, you don't understand the situation".

I'm soon to be 80 years old and, while I hate to say I'm terrified, I am being very cautious about what I do and where I go, if anywhere.

I pretty much resent the azzhats on this board and elsewhere who complain that their ability to make a buck is more important than my life and that I should just keel over and die so they can go get rich.

I pretty much resent the fact that my family business is most likely going under after this fiasco, a family business that is older than you.
Getting rich, that's RICH!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280shooter
So if 80 years olds are afraid, we shut down EVERYBODY? Why not use some common sense? If you are at risk, isolate yourself. Also, ask yourself why you are at risk. Thought smoking was cool? Obese? High BP? No exercise? And everyone is supposed to pay for the poor decisions of others? My staying home isn't helping the scared. Everyone take precautions. At risk - Isolate yourselves.

Hey, numbnuts, 80 year olds didn’t shut things down. Twas your generation that did so.

Sorry for your piss poor life choices.

Doing fine here and still making the right choices having learned from a few bad ones.

Tell your Mom and Dad, Aunts and Uncles hello.

Fuggin nitwit.

Selfish, regretful, pricks are always entertaining. In a sad way, but still entertaining. It's all about you, right Nancy? Maybe you can start a SHTF tough guy thread. ROTFLMAO

Try the food bank. They’ll help ya. After you get up off the floor.

No regrets here. And it is all about me.

LOL. If only you had a clue. Imagination is your friend. Well, partial imagination given your cognitive state.

Try this.

Go to your Dad , assuming he’s not succumbed to Covid, and pull up two chairs face to face and simply say:

Dad, I’m scared scchitt-less, please explain what’s going on, where we’re at with this thing and where it’s going. You’ve seen theses things before, please explain it all to me.

Having done that and after you escape the bonds of puberty, you’ll be a lot better for having done it.

There. That’s easy enough, ain’t it ?

Another swing and a miss. Do you get tired of embarrassing yourself? - Rhetorical. No answer needed.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I most definitely do not belong to the "let 'em die" brigade. I would say that while we base our opinions on human emotion and thought, nature does not, it has its own agenda. I wonder if this isn't natures way of trying to protect itself, not so much by thinning the herd, but forcing us to step back from our way of living and the effects that it has on nature itself - witness the clearing of air and cleaning of water that is being reported. Just a thought, and one not from a very sharp mind at that.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hey...I supported the shut down.

I also support a metered and logical approach to getting things going again.

WTF is wrong with that?

No one??

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Some of you bastards are damned disgusting with your disregard for human life. And yet you have the balls to criticize the abortionists. Those willing to disregard the aged as useless and expensive are no better than the abortionists.

It has been obvious how Hitler won the hearts and minds of Germany by marginalizing one sector of the population at a time.

First: kill the retards
then: kill the queers
then: kill the Gypsys
then: kill the Slavs
then: kill the Russians
then: kill the Jews

Never in my lifetime would I have foreseen the marginalizing of human life by the citizens of the USA during my lifetime.

The lunacy of those who resent the aged for their use of Social Security benefits is legendary. To proclaim that one is not entitled to receive Social Security after paying 13% of every earned dollar into it over forty five to fifty years is damned ridiculous.

Most are say to take precautions and protect the vulnerable, but there is no need to lock down those who are not at risk. It seems there could be a middle ground.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Now that we've learned some things, it's time to start the process of getting back[I said process].

FJB & FJT
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Hastings
So we shut down the economy and put millions of young people out of work, children out of school, and bankrupt the small business people, inject huge amounts of debt owed to the Federal Reserve to protect the lives of 10% of the most expendable members of our society?

Okay, there we go.

Who gets to define expendable. Lots of morality in making that choice, right?

Why such a black and white view of this?

Because that is the way morality works. Coloring morality in varying shades of grey is a one way ticket to perdition.

A Dr. performing triage in the yard is one thing. Painting red slashes across the foreheads of the community for selective execution is something different.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by cfran
Oh and Mr Walz didn’t run his mouth either did he? And he’s pretty bad at math. You are grabbing hold of every negative item you can, tells me all I need to know about you.

Pork plant is unique, do some research on who’s impacted and living situations specifically. Hardly like Medtronic.

50m people (which is accepted to be low) died of the 1918 pandemic - most refer to it at the Spanish Flu BTW. I’m sure you think Covid is the second coming of this. Give us a break already, you are out of your element and overstating the severity, massively I should note. Wow.

The pork plan is not unique. I worked at Medtronic for a few years. I also worked for a few other companies. Their ability to distance works id not any more easily accomplished than Smithfield's, maybe less in many cases. 50 million people dying in the early 1900s is not a lesson to you of what can happen???

The very low penetration of Covid 19 into Minnesota is because we have implemented well considered measures to limit that spread. Those measures came not from the governor, he merely directed their implementation.

Your failure to comprehend any of the items I listed out for you is kind of pathetic You keep running your mouth and don't take the time to understand whet you are talking about is more than pathetic in and of itself, it reflects on you as an individual and THAT is pathetic. Think about it. Behavior is one thing and can be corrected.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
So we shut down the economy and put millions of young people out of work, children out of school, and bankrupt the small business people, inject huge amounts of debt owed to the Federal Reserve to protect the lives of 10% of the most expendable members of our society?

Okay, there we go.

Who gets to define expendable. Lots of morality in making that choice, right?

Why such a black and white view of this?

Because that is the way morality works. Coloring morality in varying shades of grey is a one way ticket to perdition.

A Dr. performing triage in the yard is one thing. Painting red slashes across the foreheads of the community for selective execution is something different.

Well, since there is no middle ground, what next? Kill all the old people so we can get back to work?

Since there is no middle ground and all.

Sorta how the Turks handled the Armenians? No Armenians....no reason for a Russian invasion.

I am MAGA.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
One of the assisted living centers in town has an outbreak right now....of 75 cases! I personally know a guy whose mother passed yesterday at this facility. She was elderly, had pnemonia and also tested positive for Covid. Would she have died if she hadn't contracted the virus? No one knows for sure but it didn't help.

There is going to have to be a balance, we cant stay closed for months on end without serious long term economic impacts. Someone on the Fire said it best in that there are those who are low risk health-wise that are at most risk financially, while those out of the work force are likely higher risk. We have to get the economy going again and soon or the fallout will be worse than the virus itself.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
So what is the better alternative[no animosity from here]

Quarantine a few for the good of many, or quarantine all[and while doing so completely wreck the economy]?

It's academic at this point as the long term permanent damage is done.

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Who takes care of the old people when the young are broke and need cared for?

Maybe China?

I am MAGA.
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1badf350, 257Bob, 260Remguy, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 56 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,902
Posts18,518,528
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.