-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry's advice to me on scopes, bullets, rifles and reloading has never not come out exactly as he said it would. YMMV but I've been here a while and asked a lot.

Some might cry about delivery but damn, if it works as advertised, I don't care. I'm after answers, not poems. I've seen him help a metric ton of people on this forum over my time here.

What I can't understand is people slobber all over Vortex because 1/2 of their shipping costs are on "warranty replacements" while MF a SWFA that simply doesn't fail at near the clip Vortex does.

The BEST customer service department is the one you NEVER need to use. I don't buy chit because when I call a company for returns - they have an efficient and easy way to do so - there's a damn reason for that. Calling a company for a return should be slightly involved because they're not used to doing it. Too many people with the Walmart mentality - so what if I have to buy 6 of them, they make it easy, instead of "buy once - never see them again unless to buy again". Notice no mention of cost/price there.

Me

GB1

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
small twig : A "legend" in his own mind!
Sheesh.
I have been using Leupold scopes for well over half a century now (55 years to be exact!) and the next time a Leupold scope fails me will be THE FIRST TIME!
Make NO mistake small twig I will let you know when and if that happens.
In case you think I have only owned/used a few I currently have 67 (sixty seven!) Leupold scopes mounted on my Rifles (and a pistol) and shoot them all!
My advice to anyone thinking of taking anything small twig urps up to heart - reconsider!
Sad and pathetic.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: The Burris scopes I own also work quite commendably - again, disregard any blather that small twig may blurth - you'll be better off for it - hint.
Double sheesh.
How many of these Leupold scopes sight in with two shots? How many hold their POA/POI. Legitimate questions.

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by teal
Larry's advice to me on scopes, bullets, rifles and reloading has never not come out exactly as he said it would. YMMV but I've been here a while and asked a lot.

Some might cry about delivery but damn, if it works as advertised, I don't care. I'm after answers, not poems. I've seen him help a metric ton of people on this forum over my time here.

What I can't understand is people slobber all over Vortex because 1/2 of their shipping costs are on "warranty replacements" while MF a SWFA that simply doesn't fail at near the clip Vortex does.

The BEST customer service department is the one you NEVER need to use. I don't buy chit because when I call a company for returns - they have an efficient and easy way to do so - there's a damn reason for that. Calling a company for a return should be slightly involved because they're not used to doing it. Too many people with the Walmart mentality - so what if I have to buy 6 of them, they make it easy, instead of "buy once - never see them again unless to buy again". Notice no mention of cost/price there.
His advice is spot on, because he actually shoots, and has a no BS attitude. He is right, “it’s not hard to spot those who shoot vs shooting their mouth”.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Glad to see ya back, Stick. I had not seen you in a bit. Your addition to goomersations is priceless.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've had that narcotic infested gnome loser on ignore for a couple of years now. He has nothing to say that can't be found out elsewhere by shooters and hunters around here that are just as, if not more knowledgeable than that bottom feeder is. This clown has serious mental issues, which to most should be seen quite easily.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by qwk
You’ve obviously never sighted in a Leupold. Nothing is predictable. After running a nightforce or swfa, one realizes that it usually takes two shots to get where you need to be. That’s just how a properly functioning scope works.

It is “eye opening,” for sure.

Last edited by AKwolverine; 04/15/20. Reason: ,”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by qwk
You’ve obviously never sighted in a Leupold. Nothing is predictable. After running a nightforce or swfa, one realizes that it usually takes two shots to get where you need to be. That’s just how a properly functioning scope works.

Originally Posted by qwk
Leupold VX-3 3.5-10x40 duplex reticle almost flawless $350
Leupold VX-III 4.5-14X50 slight ring marks fine duplex reticle $450
Both scopes shoot straight and track awesome.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Good lord it is easy to troll, I even said it was trolling. Stick needs to adjust his meds. I don't know about yall but I'm throwing every piece of glass I have away and getting a 6x SS. Wonder how he feels about my Savage 260? It has a Leupold on it.
Patrick

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by qwk

Originally Posted by qwk

😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by qwk

Originally Posted by qwk

😂😂
Those did, for how long? Who knows. They came on guns I bought. However, they did not sight in like the other makers mentioned. No matter how much you read between the lines, Leupold doesn’t have a 100% failure rate. It’s just too high for a sensible person to use them exclusively.

I’m amazed a state f-up could do a simple search like that. BTW how is did your high fence adventures pan out this past season?

Last edited by qwk; 04/15/20. Reason: Judman is a state [bleep]
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The idea that The vast majority of Leupold scopes don’t work well for over 95% of the hunting population is BS. If you set your scope up zero at 200 yards & use cds dial past 400 yards less than 20 times a season you will very likely be happy.

The guys on this forum that shoot thousands of rounds in a month constantly dialing might be better served to go with Nightforce or SWFA.

When time to get the shot off means success or failure simplified dialing is superior to a written dope chart/ generic turret combination & a calibrated reticle is faster still when pressured speed & adrenaline are involved

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
So is qwk lying about Leupolds now, or lying about them in his classified add? Viewers want to know.........

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Anyone seen a car driving down the road with heavy back end collision damage ? They usually have a ratchet strap holding the trunk closed because the mechanical parts are no longer working properly . The trunk stays closed though.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by qwk
Originally Posted by qwk

Originally Posted by qwk

😂😂
Those did, for how long? Who knows. They came on guns I bought. However, they did not sight in like the other makers mentioned. No matter how much you read between the lines, Leupold doesn’t have a 100% failure rate. It’s just too high for a sensible person to use them exclusively.

I’m amazed a state f-up could do a simple search like that. BTW how is did your high fence adventures pan out this past season?

The lying thief, re read, then re read it again, see who looked it up... then suck suck big slouches dick some more. Then after that, post some pics of your hunting prowess, so I know you’re for real....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by qwk

Originally Posted by qwk

For the stupid fuuck that can’t connect the dots...

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by dodge268
So is qwk lying about Leupolds now, or lying about them in his classified add? Viewers want to know.........
Do you really think that every Leupold comes broken out of the box? You cannot be that stupid.

The issue is quite a few(what percentage who knows), develop problems after use. Some suck from the get go. That is good enough for some until they aren’t. With Swfa ss costing 300 clams, it’s a no brainer. That is exactly the point people are trying to make.

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by qwk
Originally Posted by qwk

Originally Posted by qwk

😂😂

The lying thief, re read, then re read it again, see who looked it up... then suck suck big slouches dick some more. Then after that, post some pics of your hunting prowess, so I know you’re for real....

This coming from a high fence whorre, and a trespassing POS. Lol

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by specneeds
When time to get the shot off means success or failure simplified dialing is superior to a written dope chart/ generic turret combination & a calibrated reticle is faster still when pressured speed & adrenaline are involved

It’s faster? Ok, how much faster? I mean to state that would mean you’re equally skilled at both dialing and holding, and you’ve timed it enough to have something resembling data, right?

So say from standing, spotting the animal, ranging, getting into position and hitting a deer sized vitals, how much faster to a hit? Say 90% hits at uneven yardages (278, 367, 422, etc.).

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
How can I trespass hunting high fence you stupid fuuck? Go peddle your snake oil in the classifieds you thieving lying fuuck....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have no Rem 700's or Leupold scopes any more. For hunting big animals a close range they were fine.

Sako, Tikka, and Steyr with a lone Savage is all that is left.

The Steyr is a 7mm-08 and has a 6x MQ on it. I free hand shoot it some as it is a deer rifle. I also bang an IPSC steel target at 1160 yards anytime I take it to the range.

I could not do that with a *Rem 700 or Leupold scope.

* the Rem 700 would need a lot of work, the Steyr is off the shelf no mods.

Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 55 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,932
Posts18,498,700
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.