Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Over the years I've had two pictures of my DIY dead critters show up on outfitter's websites, plus one more taken by an individual on this site and posted as his....always good for a laugh.

I wouldn't be surprised if Qwerk pulls that kind of stunt.....something about a pot and a kettle comes to mind.

Ted,
I just read this....Who swiped your horns? That’s absolutely ridiculous!

If you don’t want to say, that’s cool. Maybe post the old thread.

I’m just SMH thinking what kind of ass-tool a guy has to be, to claim someone else’s bone as his....L-O-S-E-R

🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏽‍♀️😎

PM sent.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by kingston
WELCOME BACK JOHN BURNS!!!!!!

Sincerely, it's been too long.

Ya I like John burns actually, he’s one guy I’d like to bullshiit someday

I love bullshitting. grin

We can talk tannin beds, fuuckers will really be upset!!! 😂😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Over the years I've had two pictures of my DIY dead critters show up on outfitter's websites, plus one more taken by an individual on this site and posted as his....always good for a laugh.

I wouldn't be surprised if Qwerk pulls that kind of stunt.....something about a pot and a kettle comes to mind.

Ted,
I just read this....Who swiped your horns? That’s absolutely ridiculous!

If you don’t want to say, that’s cool. Maybe post the old thread.

I’m just SMH thinking what kind of ass-tool a guy has to be, to claim someone else’s bone as his....L-O-S-E-R

🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏽‍♀️😎

PM sent.

That’s the ugly black eye of “guiding “ mark, fuuckers lie like a sumbitch

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by kingston
WELCOME BACK JOHN BURNS!!!!!!

Sincerely, it's been too long.

Ya I like John burns actually, he’s one guy I’d like to bullshiit someday

He can come off as an ass, but when conversing with him like SLM and I did above, his responses are perfectly courteous.
I've never had an issue at least.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by atse

John,You are wrong. A sfp scope will have A different poi at different powers when you dial. Same with wind. Come on! You know that. That is the reason people shooting distance shoot ffp scopes. I don't care what you like, or what you shoot, but you can't change facts just because you don't like ffp scopes.

Care to keep guessing again? laugh

John,

I think he's talking about dialing the magnification ring, not the ele. turret.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Jud, let me ring out one of your Leups this fall? It'd make an entertaining afternoon.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

John,You are wrong. A sfp scope will have A different poi at different powers when you dial. Same with wind. Come on! You know that. That is the reason people shooting distance shoot ffp scopes. I don't care what you like, or what you shoot, but you can't change facts just because you don't like ffp scopes.

John,

Bingo!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

John,

Ya, being able to dial my sfp scope at only one power instead of at every power is a real plus....

Are you sure about that, Jordan? shocked

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yep.

I'll add leading trotters to the "hold for wind" equation.

Multiple targets at varying distances from 50 out to 350-400 or so, my hand tends to go towards the mag ring, rather than towards a turret.

I tend to balance FOV vs ease of viewing mil dot spacing.

Even so, my current .308 load allows holding via mildots to 700ish with the humble Gen-1 mil reticle it sports.

"engage multiple targets with one shot each, where each target is at a different distance and there is a large margin for elevation error."......... "and even then I'll often dial in some elevation just to get my holds near an even hash mark, if necessary." .... "Other than these very specific cases, dial elevation and hold wind."....

Low speed, high drag
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

John,

Ya, being able to dial my sfp scope at only one power instead of at every power is a real plus....

Maybe he means the focus ring? WTF knows?

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

John,

The ability to dial has zero bearing on SFP or FFP. He is talking BS

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The last thing I want to do is go pound some posts in for a new hitching rail in my corrals, so here I sit drinking coffee and scratching my head trying to decipher atse's "dialing" point.
I most certainly did NOT read his post in that he was talking about "dialing" the magnification ring.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Get your ass out there and get it done.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No.

There's a 6 pack and can of Cope in it for you if you take care of it instead.

Suck it.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The last thing I want to do is go pound some posts in for a new hitching rail in my corrals, so here I sit drinking coffee and scratching my head trying to decipher atse's "dialing" point.
I most certainly did NOT read his post in that he was talking about "dialing" the magnification ring.

I will try to clarify a couple points. My comment on dialing a sfp scope was a sarcastic remark in regards to one of John's earlier posts. It was not meant literally. Second, I used a poor choice when I said dialing magnification. Should have said changing magnification and dialing elevation. I simply meant through all of this that a ffp scope can have its magnification turned to any power and elevation dialed and shots on target will be the same. With a sfp scope, this is not the case. Sorry for the poor word choice. Hope that helps.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gotta luv the Optics forum! lol

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I simply meant through all of this that a ffp scope can have its magnification turned to any power and elevation dialed and shots on target will be the same. With a sfp scope, this is not the case. Sorry for the poor word choice. Hope that helps.

Doesn't help.

You lost me.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I will try to clarify a couple points. My comment on dialing a sfp scope was a sarcastic remark in regards to one of John's earlier posts. It was not meant literally. Second, I used a poor choice when I said dialing magnification. Should have said changing magnification and dialing elevation. I simply meant through all of this that a ffp scope can have its magnification turned to any power and elevation dialed and shots on target will be the same. With a sfp scope, this is not the case. Sorry for the poor word choice. Hope that helps.

While I appreciate the clarification, I must say that this is still a head scratcher. Are you saying that with a SFP scope, as you turn magnification up or down, that the elevation erector changes values with each click? So at X magnification each click would be 1/4 MOA, but at Y magnification each click would be 1 MOA and so on? Both FFP and SFP "should" have the same erector correctional values per click of the turret, regardless of what magnification it is set at.

By "dialing elevation", you're not talking about the reticle sub tensions changing in relation to the magnification setting, right?

Last edited by T_Inman; 04/19/20. Reason: trying to keep [i]myself[/i] from confusion...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
One hopes atse was referring to SFP reticle sub tension ranging values changing with magnification, rather than turret clicks on either type of focal plane.

I often, as well, have a hard time translating thoughts/doings into written words.

Low speed, high drag
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
No Natural Light this time you cheap basterd.

No.

There's a 6 pack and can of Cope in it for you if you take care of it instead.

Suck it.

Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 007FJ, 66 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,927
Posts18,498,596
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.