Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CalHunter
^^^ From very far away. grin Preferably find reverse if you're too close and park at an angle so you can roll out with the car between you and the bad guy with a long arm.

Another gunfighter.

Super.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
All of this does bring up the question of how is a LEO supposed to exit a vehicle while under fire from a perp firing upon them with a longarm?

Did you watch the video or did you jump straight to dumb ass?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by cs2blue
... please go and handle your problems on your own.

That's a BullShÌt response, and you know it. Or was vigilantism legalized and just missed the memo?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
All of this does bring up the question of how is a LEO supposed to exit a vehicle while under fire from a perp firing upon them with a longarm?

A Cop car doors armored? Or would a .223 rapid-fire go right through in a hail of misery?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

A Cop car doors armored? Or would a .223 rapid-fire go right through in a hail of misery?

You didn't watch the video, did you?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
^^^ From very far away. grin Preferably find reverse if you're too close and park at an angle so you can roll out with the car between you and the bad guy with a long arm.

Hey Tks Sir, and thanks for all you do or did, whatever cool

"Ahem"..... DeFlave, are you listening?..... This is how to answer a question without being a "ahem"..... dumbass......

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

"Ahem"..... DeFlave, are you listening?..... This is how to answer a question without being a "ahem"..... dumbass......

Thank God for you two.

Tell us more.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You didn't watch the video, did you?

Sure did, turns out bb guns got lousy penetration, prob'ly why the armed services don't use 'em.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Sure did, turns out bb guns got lousy penetration, prob'ly why the armed services don't use 'em.

Thanks, teacher.

Sharp as ever.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Thanks, teacher.

Sharp as ever.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OK course bb guns WILL penetrate empty beer cans. Back in grad school when I lived in a shack on a deer lease we would stack up actual walls of empties after parties, in the event of a home invasion or shack invasion by a bb gun-armed perp, said walls of empties would have provided insufficient cover. Good to know cool

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
OK course bb guns WILL penetrate empty beer cans. Back in grad school when I lived in a shack on a deer lease we would stack up actual walls of empties after parties, in the event of a home invasion or shack invasion by a bb gun-armed perp, said walls of empties would have provided insufficient cover. Good to know cool

Sharp as ever.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I think you'll find that the kind of situation that played out here is one of the more common deadly force situations officers find themselves in. Using deadly force immediately upon exiting the vehicle and with the vehicle in close proximity. Yet none of the departments I worked with or trained with had realistic range scenarios to replicate the situation. I know range days cost time and money, and departments have limited budgets, but this very situation needs more training focus. I should say unless things have changed in the past 15 years.

Paul, I would have to agree with you. I research every police / shooter(s) deadly force engagement in my area that I can dig up information on, and believe this to be very much the case.

Just curious if you do the research professionally or for personal reasons.

As a follow up, how many times did officers drive in closer than they would if they had to do it all over again? I ask that because in this case it appeared they could see the subject from a distance but closed in more than I would have. They did do a good job of using the vehicle for cover. It's interesting how often they don't.

Paul, I do it for my own personal interest.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Sharp as ever.

Says you, suddenly faced with the prospect of disposing of thousands of empties.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I think you'll find that the kind of situation that played out here is one of the more common deadly force situations officers find themselves in. Using deadly force immediately upon exiting the vehicle and with the vehicle in close proximity. Yet none of the departments I worked with or trained with had realistic range scenarios to replicate the situation. I know range days cost time and money, and departments have limited budgets, but this very situation needs more training focus. I should say unless things have changed in the past 15 years.

Paul, I would have to agree with you. I research every police / shooter(s) deadly force engagement in my area that I can dig up information on, and believe this to be very much the case.

In terms of the nature of the encounters, the FBI would agree with you. As I recall, they figured around a third of encounters were in or around vehicles.

Let's add in what John the video narration guy say's about multiple attackers. After reviewing 2500 video's about a third involved multiple aggressors.

So, about 10% of the time you could be looking at multiple subjects in or around vehicles. It's something to think about.

Add in Cheyenne's research on handgun ammunition.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Let's add in what John the video narration guy says.. .

General word of warning concerning John boy

other videos he suggests firing through ones windshield,
in your OP vid. he says the opposite.

How is the average armed good citizen supposed
to figure what they should after listening to him?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Starman

Years ago, back in the heyday of the 'Fire a story was related of a guy up in Alaska on a fishing trip who was terrified of bears. One night, on hearing one outside the tent he discharged his .44 magnum through the closed tent, blowing out both eardrums. The other guy in the tent was still inside his mummy sleeping bag and wasn't hurt.

I'd be highly reluctant to fire a handgun inside a closed car.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by viking
Perhaps a shotgun would have worked better.

I think you'll find that many patrol officers don't have ready access to a shotgun.

Why not?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Starman

Years ago, back in the heyday of the 'Fire a story was related of a guy up in Alaska on a fishing trip who was terrified of bears. One night, on hearing one outside the tent he discharged his .44 magnum through the closed tent, blowing out both eardrums. The other guy in the tent was still inside his mummy sleeping bag and wasn't hurt.

I'd be highly reluctant to fire a handgun inside a closed car.

Tell us more about something you've never done....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by viking
Perhaps a shotgun would have worked better.

I think you'll find that many patrol officers don't have ready access to a shotgun.

Why not?

I later qualified the comment by saying unless things have changed in the past 15 years. 15 years ago most of the patrol officers I knew (along the Gulf Coast) didn't have a shotgun in the cab of their vehicle. Some had them in their trunks. That may have changed. Current LEOs should be able to speak better to what's going on in the field today.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

484 members (007FJ, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 46 invisible), 2,135 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,336
Posts18,506,129
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.