-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tell us more about something you've never done....

More about firing a handgun inside a closed car? Sure! grin

I have owned or regularly slept with the owners of six maybe seven vehicles in my life, although in fairness that AMC Scout back in college was so rusted out it didn't really count as a "closed vehicle", especially after an Indian Indian roommate, who had never driven a car, sideswiped a stop sign when I was letting him try and knocked out a rear side window.

OK, how about you? Seriously. You ever fire any gun at all inside a closed vehicle?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by viking
Perhaps a shotgun would have worked better.

I think you'll find that many patrol officers don't have ready access to a shotgun.

Why not?

I later qualified the comment by saying unless things have changed in the past 15 years. 15 years ago most of the patrol officers I knew (along the Gulf Coast) didn't have a shotgun in the cab of their vehicle. Some had them in their trunks. That may have changed. Current LEOs should be able to speak better to what's going on in the field today.

I wouldn't give a damn whether they issued me one or not, I'd bring my own.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I have owned or regularly slept with the owners of six maybe seven vehicles in my life, although in fairness that AMC Scout back in college was so rusted out it didn't really count as a "closed vehicle", especially after an Indian Indian roommate, who had never driven a car, sideswiped a stop sign when I was letting him try and knocked out a rear side window.

OK, how about you? Seriously. You ever fire any gun at all inside a closed vehicle?

I made the mistake of touching off a 22-250 out the right hand side of a pickup without getting the muzzle all the way out the window. Won't do that again. 😁

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I made the mistake of touching off a 22-250 out the right hand side of a pickup without getting the muzzle all the way out the window. Won't do that again. 😁

eek Wow - same here. Same scenario. Except mine was a .223. And, you're right - won't ever happen again.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lol....you ain't gonna ever see the people that done it, talkin' about it, though there will always be some that claim it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Let's add in what John the video narration guy says.. .

General word of warning concerning John boy

other videos he suggests firing through ones windshield,
in your OP vid. he says the opposite.

How is the average armed good citizen supposed
to figure what they should after listening to him?

I wasn't commenting on his advice, but his observations of the encounters he's reviewed.
But to answer you strawman, I think you need to make up your own mind for your situation.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Ya, it doesn't blow your ear drums out...

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by viking
Perhaps a shotgun would have worked better.

i was just about to say the same thing

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Lol....you ain't gonna ever see the people that done it, talkin' about it, though there will always be some that claim it.

Really?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a good friend who, when out at the ranch, shot himself through the foot with a .22 magnum revolver, miraculously it was through and through with no phalanges broken. Alcohol may have been a factor, and I'm pretty sure the driver's side window of his pickup was rolled down at the time.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I wasn't commenting on his advice, but his observations of the encounters he's reviewed.
But to answer you strawman, I think you need to make up your own mind for your situation.

Its the case with John boy that his perception of what
he has at times observed are based on his own
wild ass conjecture... apon which he then provides
his tactical advice.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

OK, if you'd care to expound upon this, why did you discharge a firearm inside a closed vehicle and what sort of firearm was it?

Also, has it had any permanent effect on your hearing?

Clint and his Dirty Harry movies led to considerable hearing loss amid the Boomer generation here in Texas, when everybody had to have a Model 29 at a time when earplugs were for weenies. And that was shooting outside.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Really?

War? Yeah.

Shooting themselves in the foot? Maybe.

Lot of people lie to make themselves feel big.

Really.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Starman

Its the case with John boy that his perception of what
he has at times observed are based on his own wild ass conjecture.

For back of the envelope math and the discussion here's it's plenty good. If you feel otherwise, please watch all 2500 video's and give us a full tally.

We await your findings.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by CalHunter
^^^ From very far away. grin Preferably find reverse if you're too close and park at an angle so you can roll out with the car between you and the bad guy with a long arm.

Another gunfighter.

Super.

I looked but couldn't find the deflave sarcasm emoticon. Will this one do? laugh wink whistle

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Really?

War? Yeah.

Really.

With my friend he said it happened when he was attempting to put a Ruger Single Six (?) back in the holster while sitting in his truck. Known him for about 35 years now, this was before I got here. Never have asked to see the scar.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

For back of the envelope math and the discussion here's it's plenty good. If you feel otherwise, please watch all 2500 video's and give us a full tally.

We await your findings.

You cite the FBI data as a reliable source I gather,
so why should anyone need to repeat what Utube
sensation John boy has done?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

I only knew one guy in patrol who had accidentally fired a shotgun through the roof while taking it out of the rack in a patrol car. He said it was very loud and wore hearing aids. Can't say all the hearing damage was from that single shotgun round but he said at least some of it was. He also said 00 Buck does a lot of damage to a roof.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LT and Flave get it...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Really?

War? Yeah.

Really.

With my friend he said it happened when he was attempting to put a Ruger Single Six (?) back in the holster while sitting in his truck. Known him for about 35 years now, this was before I got here. Never have asked to see the scar.

I would never think you lied about something someone told you. I'm referring to the usual internet badasses.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

181 members (450yukon, 375sunrise, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 23 invisible), 1,936 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,510
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.