Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by kid0917
...locked down, state wide.

what means that? exceptions are?????

The usual: you can go for a drive, get gas, hit the supermarket, grab an ounce of whacky tobaccy, then a handle of Jack, then head home.

Wont change my life a bit. For a week and a half my wife and I have been working from home. Walking the dog during the day, running quick errands when necessary but trying to be reasonable, responsible, caring citizens.

You know....... common sense.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Squidge
The shortage of test kits isn't helping.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by irfubar
I know many here think it is a liberal ruse, and that COVID-19 won't amount to much. And, I am not a fear monger. But I am a realist.

It's called "Novel" coronavirus, because humans have zero immunity to it. That means, with no intervention (we continue life as usual), we can expect exponential growth.

Exponential growth is hard for us to visualize. But think of it as a run-away nuclear reaction. It's not linear, a steady, straight growth. It is "run-away" growth. The US is still in it's infancy with infection and death rates:

March 2nd: 100 cases
March 8th: 500 cases
March 11th: 1,000 cases
March 15th: 3,000 cases
March 17th: 5,000 cases
March 19th: 9,500 cases

That list doesn't really seem to shocking, yea?

Let me type that in a different way to illustrate, it puts it into better perspective:

1st infection in US (Jan 21st)
41 days to get to 100 (March 2nd)
6 days to get to 500 (March 8th)
4 days to get to 1,000 (March 11th)
4 more days to get to 3,000 (March 15th)
2 more days to get to 5,000 (March 17th)
2 more days to get to 9,500 (yesterday)

....This trend will continue. But it may be positively impacted by self-quarantine, etc.

The exponential rates that this virus is taking hold here mean, infections and deaths will double roughly every 3 days.

And, we are at the very early, flat tail of what will be a line that shoots straight up. It hasn't even really started to ramp up here. It's likely that every one of us will know someone who gets infected, and some of us will know someone who dies.

In 2 weeks, I think many here will be shocked at the reality.

This little gem needs to be brought to the top....... hahahhahahahahah

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Figures don't lie, but liars figure- - - - -especially if they're dummycraps like dumbphuck with an agenda to tank the economy and bring down a President!
Jerry

What if they're not lying, not wanting to tank the economy, don't want to bring down the president,but can also look at the numbers and realize that the new case rate in the USA was growing exponentially until about a week ago. At that point, the 7 day moving average number of new cases seems to have levelled out at just over 30k per day. With the last two days actually showing a downward trend. Do you not think that Trump himself has people looking this over? How likely is this to explain his stance yesterday that the nation is about ready to get back to work?

Don't trust the media? Take the total case data from the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

Plug it into your spreadsheet and voila, easy to come up with new cases per day, as well as a 3 day or 7 day moving average. Chart it out even - it's easy peasy!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
How about the post's that told us, since this is a virus that attacks the lungs,

we should prepare our body defenses, by going for walks,and doing breathing exercises.

I walked 95 miles that week.

IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Brothers,

Please understand that I do not post these quotes to belittle or insult other members.

I do it because I want everyone to recognize how fear driven beliefs become cult like. Notice that none of the believers have apologized, or admitted that they overreacted. They have accepted their new religion as fact, and will defend it to the very end.

These people are dangerous and their opinions should carry no value. They are easily duped and will sacrifice your freedom for their (perceived) safety.

This concludes my Public Service Announcement for the day. However I do reserve the right to dig up more stupidity whenever I am drunk and bored.

Deacon Dave

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by deflave
Brothers,

Please understand that I do not post these quotes to belittle or insult other members.

I do it because I want everyone to recognize how fear driven beliefs become cult like. Notice that none of the believers have apologized, or admitted that they overreacted. They have accepted their new religion as fact, and will defend it to the very end.

These people are dangerous and their opinions should carry no value. They are easily duped and will sacrifice your freedom for their (perceived) safety.

This concludes my Public Service Announcement for the day. However I do reserve the right to dig up more stupidity whenever I am drunk and bored.

Deacon Dave

You are to be commended for proving that the Lockdown and social distancing actually worked in the mitigation of the exponentially of Co-19.

Well done Brother Flave.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
As stated previously, your opinion holds no value.

You have proven yourself to be weak minded.

The opportunity to atone, has passed.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Such rudeness is uncalled for.

You are no longer a Brother. You are a Mother,,,,,of a sort.

Once more:
All of your diligence and hard work to prove that the present National course is, in fact, the correct one is deeply appreciated by all who truly understand the situation.

Don’t forget to wear your mask when out.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Once more:
All of your diligence and hard work to prove that the present National course is, in fact, the correct one is deeply appreciated by all who truly understand the situation.

[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]via Imgflip Meme Generator

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Brothers,

Deacon Dave

Which is, of course, 100% of the time.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
All kidding aside, if you told JiminST that the virus wasn't deadly,,,,,,You'd look pretty stupid..........

5 weeks in an induced comma.......holy hell.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Kenneth
All kidding aside, if you told JiminST that the virus wasn't deadly,,,,,,You'd look pretty stupid..........

Has anyone on this board ever said that the virus isn’t deadly?

If so I’d like to see the quote.

Such assertions in debates are called poisoning the well and is a sign of the weakness of the argument of that person.

In point of fact all of these things can be (and are) true at the same time:

1) for certain groups the virus is very dangerous

2) for the population at large the virus is no more dangerous than other things in which we engage regularly with little to no thought for their danger

3) closing down the economy very likely did more damage than not closing it would have*

*the oft-repeated mantra that the falling numbers of cases demonstrates the efficacy of the lockdown is a fallacy; the numbers presented immediately before & during the lockdown TOOK INTO ACCOUNT THE PRESUMED EFFECT OF THE LOCKDOWN, therefore they offer no such proof at all.

The continued devotion of the faithful to this narrative is indicative of a deep and abiding problem for the future of the country.

As has been asked several times already, I’m interested to hear where lines of demarcation are that will guide similar actions in the future now that the gullibility factor of the sheeple is seen to be as high as it is.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Originally Posted by tojohn
If you think that this is a hoax or overblown, then go to a hospital and volunteer. It will help dispel the hoax, provide for some relief to overworked medical staff, and help the panic subside.

Give your remote relatives your fire login in case you are wrong, because we will want them to log in and give us details so that we can send you flowers, and you will earn hero status for helping with unselfish generosity in a time of national need.

This really is win-win for you AND us - if it's a hoax, we find out, and if it's not, you did your part to help.

Good luck! John

My daughter is charge nurse at a Seattle area hospital. If anyone here think this is a hoax, you are very dense or just plain stupid.

I talk to her every night and to see and hear the strain in her voice tears my heart out.

All she wants from everyone is to just stay home!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

That’s all you guys ever have to fall back on. That and the numbers which are also false. Yes, it’s a very deadly virus for a small percentage of the population but the response was akin to burning your house down to kill a spider.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Just had 2 C19,s zoom right by me again.
Now they are in area 26 on Fort Campbell for christ sakes..
Thank god I had my leafy camo face mask on.
They didnt see me!!!

Escaped another brush with the

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by renegade50; 05/04/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

That’s all you guys ever have to fall back on. That and the numbers which are also false. Yes, it’s a very deadly virus for a small percentage of the population but the response was akin to burning your house down to kill a spider.

I have no idea who in the hell "you guys" is, I offered a simple statement that some may have different opinions than others.

A thirty year old in good health, no worries,

Your aging dad might feel different about it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Update from a Seattle hospital. 60% capacity. Waaaay overstaffed. Bored out of their skulls. Weight gain has been the norm among staff. The vast majority of patients coming from nursing facilities.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

I have no idea who in the hell "you guys" is, I offered a simple statement that some may have different opinions than others.

A thirty year old in good health, no worries,

Your aging dad might feel different about it.

So you still didn’t answer the question. Who said it isn’t deadly?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Once more:

[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]via Imgflip Meme Generator

That’s a good one !!

Question:
Are you applying that to Flave’s posse members ? Surely so.

Page 10 of 54 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 53 54

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (264mag, 673, 44automag, 7mm_Loco, AB2506, 450yukon, 17 invisible), 1,154 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,881
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.