O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Quak
Bad news from the modelers...135k fatalities now. Was as low as 60k at one point. Not sure what to make if it. On one hand they are all over the place day to day but on the other it shows they are if nothing else not very optimistic for a quick end to the new infections and death

I’m hoping new infections continue to drop and we finally get some wide spread antibody testing available. Sick of being sequestered...sick of not working...sick of seeing Americans living in fear myself included

Honest question, why does everyone run around talking about models that have never been correct and treat them as the highest authority? The models have never, not one time, been correct through this entire ordeal.

The only thing all these models should tell anyone is that they don't have enough data to accurately predict anything beyond yesterday.

Calm down, nothing has changed...

Why do people like you feel like they have to be such a “calming, omnipotent type “, thinking that those who have an interest in staying informed are living in “fear” ?

WTF is wrong with you and your type ?

Go drink a beer and then stfu.

Nobody can stop you from being a dumbass, congratulations.

Again I say, change your handle to

Heavytalker

Dumbfuk

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hot Damn: We got us a "pot vs. kettle" pissin match!

FJB & FJT
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Your condition is only funny because you think it's normal.

Go ahead and tell me at what point the models have been correct?

Models are useless in these types of situations, if you have some sort of rebuttal to that then lets have it. If all you can muster is brain fart then don't bother.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not sure what to make if it.

Simple; the common toothache is being diagnosed as corona virus.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Your condition is only funny because you think it's normal.

Go ahead and tell me at what point the models have been correct?

Models are useless in these types of situations, if you have some sort of rebuttal to that then lets have it. If all you can muster is brain fart then don't bother.

There is no model that has been correct. That is why politicians like to use them. They can twist them to mean whatever they want.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bad news from the modelers...135k fatalities now. Was as low as 60k at one point. Not sure what to make if it. On one hand they are all over the place day to day but on the other it shows they are if nothing else not very optimistic for a quick end to the new infections and death

I’m hoping new infections continue to drop and we finally get some wide spread antibody testing available. Sick of being sequestered...sick of not working...sick of seeing Americans living in fear myself included

Honest question, why does everyone run around talking about models that have never been correct and treat them as the highest authority? The models have never, not one time, been correct through this entire ordeal.

The only thing all these models should tell anyone is that they don't have enough data to accurately predict anything beyond yesterday.

Calm down, nothing has changed...

Same reason as the open carry thread, propaganda from the press

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Look at the average number of deaths per day in US for 2019– around 7970.

Look at deaths per day in US with the inflated Covid numbers— around 869.

There are people dying from something but we will never know the real numbers.

If you’re healthy, get back to living. If you’re sick, stay home.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
News Flash: Hospitals get MORE FEDERAL money if fatalities are Covid. KNOWN FACT.

My wife is a nurse.

I feel like lennie.

Duh.....

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
One statistic that's a fact is that Italy has had 50% more total deaths than for the same period a year ago. Regardless if a death is classified wrongly as Covid-19, the total number of deaths is up, which means there's some fact that Covid-19 has increased the death rate (assuming the population has remained consistent).

So for all the naysayers, look at facts. Be smart and limit your interaction with people and as a courtesy, wear a mouth covering when in public and wash your hands frequently. Beyond that, this thing is just going to have to run it's course as we try to live our lives. If we do our part, we can keep the spread to a reasonable rate that doesn't overwhelm our services or disrupt our supply chains.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I prefer pretty models; not ugly ones.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's scare tactic media reports driving fools to make social media posts titled "Covid models getting ugly" that keep it alive.

Get real, shut off the TV, step out the door and go about life......

You're currently like a cancer to those around you.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gsganzer
One statistic that's a fact is that Italy has had 50% more total deaths

I don't live in Italy.........

The capital city of Caracas is by the largest city in Venezuela with a population of roughly 5,576,000 within 300 square miles. The city's official name of Santiago de Leon de Caracas roughly translates "Heaven's Branch on Earth," which hardly seems fitting because it is known as being the most murderous city in the world. There were roughly 4000 homicides just in 2015.

Should I also hide inside my home at night fearing being murdered due to what takes place in Caracas?

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

If you really believe you’re being sequestered has anything to do with keeping you safe from the Wuhu Flu, I have bad news for you. . .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raeford
IMO until we get some clarity on what is considered an actual COVID-19 death the #'s mean little to nothing.

this

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw a guy today, alone in his car wearing a stylized mask................please tell me WTF is wrong with people like this??????

Is he realy that stupid or paranoid?

(We have a lot of medical people in my house: wife is an RN, son is a PA, his wife isan MD.) They all just shake their heads.

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Masks are leveling the playing field. They all might as well be buttafaces.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Quak,

Can you provide a link to the model?

I think the one you are refering to is the one obtained by the NY-Times. If it is, you really need to read the fine print on that model.

That one is a worst case, non-mitigation model. It's not a "likely" but a "worst case if we do nothing" outcome. In other words, it's one of those potential data points use for comparison purposes.

When someone asks "Are the consequences of a shut down bad", you have to ask "compared to what? In other words it's a comparison tool for decision makers.

Let's be care to represent the data for what it's really saying and not use it to spread fear and panic.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I saw a guy today, alone in his car wearing a stylized mask................please tell me WTF is wrong with people like this??????

(We have a lot of medical people in my house: wife is an RN, son is a PA, his wife isan MD.) They all just shake their heads.

MM

They put on the mask when they leave the house, and don't take it off until they return. Keep in mind if a mask happens to capture a corona droplet and you touch your mask....what was the point. And what do you do with your potentially infected mask while in your car....set it on the passengers seat?

The idea is to not touch the mask until it comes off, and goes straight into the garbage.....outside your home before you re-enter.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 05/05/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

Tehy put on the mask when they leave the house, and don't take it off until they return. Keep in mind if a mask happens to capture a corona droplet and you touch your mask....what was the point. And what do you do with your potentially infected mask while in your car....set it on the passengers seat?

The idea is to not touch the mask until it comes off, and goes straight into the garbage.....outside your home before you re-enter.

Plus he could be asymptomatic and have bad gas.

Winning!

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just fu^ckin' nuts.............................

MM

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (257robertsimp, 01Foreman400, 35, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 833 guests, and 810 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,396
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.