Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Didn't read em all...

but what we get out of it, if you are at risk, then do what you have to. You already don't smoke, or drink or eat fatty foods, exercise and so on. You could do it in public if you knew how to do it. And be awful low risk at that.

The rest of us, we just want to get on with life.

This is the most worried I've ever seen people in my life over what we consider just life. Some things get you. some dont.

its like being so damn worried about getting on a jet plane, that driving to the airport you have a fatal wreck....

If we are all just going to be scared the rest of our lives, Jesus help us all.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Computer models are only as good or accurate as the information you put into them... tell them everyone is going to be in isolation until tested and shown not to be a carrier, numbers of cases and the resulting deaths will decline. Tell them that a fool is going to ignore best practices and spread a bunch of lies. opening everything back up to wide-spreading of the virus all over again, number of cases and resulting deaths will climb again... really its a pretty simple to understand... what isn't is why anybody would want something so bad as to jeopardize ten's, if not hundred's of thousands of lives.

Phil

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Nursing home numbers shouldn't even be in the equation.

The nursing home is nothing but Death's waiting room. It means you are no longer living any type of a life, and your 'loved' ones either cannot or will not, deal with you.

I know it sounds cold, but it's the truth.

They were living human beings and loved ones that might still be alive and enjoying visits and calls from other loved ones and old friends.

That also is the truth.

Edited to add:
MM, no slam meant.

Yes that is true.

What I am doing a bad job of conveying is something like this,

When numbers of deaths are used to make decisions such as shutting down economies in favor of mass isolations of the population, it doesn't make sense to include deaths from nursing homes, or other infirm people. Those folks are already about as isolated as they can get.

If shutting down the economy is intended to reduce the deaths, there might be some merit in evaluating the number of deaths from the actual work force.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Your condition is only funny because you think it's normal.

Go ahead and tell me at what point the models have been correct?

Models are useless in these types of situations, if you have some sort of rebuttal to that then lets have it. If all you can muster is brain fart then don't bother.

The point ain’t anything to do with “models”.

I explained it quite well to your stupid azz but you want to steer away from that,,,,Heavytalker.

You’re a fuggin self righteous gas bag. There’s the brain phart that you begged for.

Oh, my someone is triggered. Go build a fugging model car an pretend it’s real life. LMAO

Oh, my, indeed, Heavytalker .
Yep. Some folks like me don’t suffer fools like you, gladly.
Nor do other folks.

Yes please look at everyone else waiving their vagina around over what I posted. TFF

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Computer models are only as good or accurate as the information you put into them... tell them everyone is going to be in isolation until tested and shown not to be a carrier, numbers of cases and the resulting deaths will decline. Tell them that a fool is going to ignore best practices and spread a bunch of lies. opening everything back up to wide-spreading of the virus all over again, number of cases and resulting deaths will climb again... really its a pretty simple to understand... what isn't is why anybody would want something so bad as to jeopardize ten's, if not hundred's of thousands of lives.

Phil

A million deaths would be around 1/3 of 1% of the U.S. population.

While Joseph Stalin wasn't much of a a role model, he was spot on when he said that a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.

I'm a pragmatist and happen to think that 99.7% odds of coming out of this alive are like playing with house money, so maybe it is time to take our chances. After all, who wouldn't bet big if the probability of winning was 997 times out of 1,000?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Phil

Sweden didn’t tell their population to shelter in place.

Do me a favor and answer these questions:

1: Are they all dead?
2: How long do we need to hide
3: Since the first human corona virus was identified in 1960
Sixty years have past and there are ZERO vaccines for any corona virus. How can you tell us there will definitely be one available soon for this one?
4: Even if one comes available by Fall, are we to hide until then? If so, how do we deal with the complete economic collapse of Western Civilization?

5. How do suggest the government deal with the inevitable public restlessness if being forced to home confine for months more? Fines? Arrests? Mass incarceration?

I’m sure you will have answers that will put us all at ease with this. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by hatari; 05/06/20.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
what isn't is why anybody would want something so bad as to jeopardize ten's, if not hundred's of thousands of lives.

Phil

I have to ask how much your freedom has cost?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Phil

A view into a liberal mind...... mind boggling... let this be an example of why you never let a leftist have an inch of power!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
No schit.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Phil

How the fugg are you this stupid?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by akasparky

There is not a single documented case of anyone becoming infected from surface contact.

As some would ask, got a link for that ?

A link for something that doesn't exist?

Find a link for a verified case....
It's been stated in many of the studies that it is scientifically possible through contact but no example cases exist.

Okay. Now post those many studies that you referenced.

Take your time.

Since you act like a gentleman about it, I'll do the work for you.. I did nap first....

Originally Posted by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Based on what is currently known about COVID-19, spread from person-to-person of this virus happens most frequently among close contacts (within about 6 feet). This type of transmission occurs via respiratory droplets. On the other hand, transmission of novel coronavirus to persons from surfaces contaminated with the virus has not been documented.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cleaning-disinfection.html

So there is one, it took less than 15 seconds to produce. This has been mentioned in almost every CD-19 Study I've read.
You could easily find more if you feel information from the CDC is not valid...

It's said to be possible but there isn't a single documented case...

Originally Posted by CDC
It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object, like a packaging container, that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the way the virus spreads.

In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from food products or packaging.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html#:~:text=It%20may%20be%20possible%20that,way%20the%20virus%20spreads.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by Salty303
Just a small fraction of those wearing masks are CV-19 effective N95 masks.
Most are just cheap paper or some sorta cloth mask, it's really sad, they are just for looks.

Holding back corona virus particles with anything but a N95 mask or better is like trying to hold back water with a colander, it just don't work, they flow right through.

Even with a N95 mask you must have a clean shaven face or every breath you take flows in around the edges, the old path of least resistance syndrome....

Over all, less than 2% of those I see with mask are doing it correctly....It's just a joke.....

you can still pick it up from a surface with your hands gloved or not, touch your face.. boom.

There is not a single documented case of anyone becoming infected from surface contact.

Prove it or shutthefuck up.

GFY

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now for something there are documented cases of

Cleaning and Disinfectant Chemical Exposures and Temporal Associations with COVID-19 — National Poison Data System, United States, January 1, 2020–March 31, 2020

*An adult woman heard on the news to clean all recently purchased groceries before consuming them. She filled a sink with a mixture of 10% bleach solution, vinegar, and hot water, and soaked her produce. While cleaning her other groceries, she noted a noxious smell described as “chlorine” in her kitchen. She developed difficulty breathing, coughing, and wheezing, and called 911. She was transported to the emergency department (ED) via ambulance and was noted to have mild hypoxemia and end-expiratory wheezing. She improved with oxygen and bronchodilators.

*A preschool-aged child was found unresponsive at home and transported to the ED via ambulance. A 64-ounce bottle of ethanol-based hand sanitizer was found open on the kitchen table. According to her family, she became dizzy after ingesting an unknown amount, fell and hit her head. She vomited while being transported to the ED, where she was poorly responsive. Her blood alcohol level was elevated at 273 mg/dL (most state laws define a limit of 80 mg/dL for driving under the influence); neuroimaging did not indicate traumatic injuries. She was admitted to the pediatric intensive care unit.....

Canadians are accidentally poisoning themselves while cleaning to prevent COVID-19

*According to Health Canada, February and March combined showed a 58 per cent increase from the same period a year earlier in reported exposures related to cleaning products, bleaches, disinfectants, hand sanitizers, and chlorine and chloramine gases.

Poisonings involving bleach are most common, making up 38 per cent of all calls to poison centres in March.

Accidental poisonings from cleaning supplies on the rise during COVID-19 outbreak

* The spike is due to increased exposure to these products in the home because people are stockpiling items during the pandemic and cleaning more due to fear of spreading COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

The agency says that people spending more time at home due to the pandemic is also a considerable factor.

As Disinfectant Use Soars to Fight Coronavirus, So Do Accidental Poisonings

*Reported U.S. poisonings from disinfectants rose 36% from 2019 to 2020

[Linked Image from lifesly.com]

Poison control sees spike in calls for cleaner, disinfectant accidents amid COVID-19 pandemic

*From January to March this year, poison control centers received 45,550 calls related to cleaner and disinfectant exposure.

Tennessee Poison Center sees more calls, hospitalizations over disinfectants amid COVID-19

*The Tennessee Poison Center has seen an increase in calls related to cleaning supply overexposure as well as a jump in people hospitalized after ingesting hydrogen peroxide as Tennesseans try to ward off the coronavirus.

Since the coronavirus hit Tennessee, health care workers at the center, housed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, have fielded more calls from people across the state who have possibly overexposed themselves to disinfectants.

Reported disinfectant poisonings in children on the rise during pandemic

*"Our center has experienced a greater than 100% increase in calls related to disinfecting products from March 31 through this week," said Dr. Kelly Johnson-Arbor, medical director of the National Capital Poison Center. While President Trump's comments on fighting Covid-19 with disinfectants have been tied to a surge of poison control calls, the increase predates his April 23 press briefing.
Dr. Johnson-Arbor's poison center serves counties in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia, but calls are up across the United States.

The moral of the story could be quit to being a bunch of dumb smucks

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Another case report published by the CDC — this time from Singapore — also suggests contact with contaminated surfaces can transmit the virus. In that case, a person who was infected with SARS-CoV-2, but not yet symptomatic, attended a church service. Later in the day, another person sat in the same seat, and also came down with COVID-19. Whether the virus was contracted via a contaminated surface, or potentially a lingering aerosol, however, couldn't be ascertained.

https://www.livescience.com/how-covid-19-spreads-transmission-routes.html

Maybe an infected person handed both of them a communion wafer.

Last edited by doubletap; 05/06/20.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
All the numbers are lies.

The politicians are running the show, so epidemiology is dead.

Please stop the madness.

We may begin to get some numbers that aren't lies after the November elections.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by doubletap
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
All the numbers are lies.

The politicians are running the show, so epidemiology is dead.

Please stop the madness.

We may begin to get some numbers that aren't lies after the November elections.

Yep, it's all about twisting and turning everything related to CV-19 to get elected in November.
All sides are taking full advantage, truths are scarce..

It's all about gaining headline that make you appear more favorable....facts are not even being taken into consideration, nor is your well being...

They want to keep you scared so the multitudes will vote for me vote for me vote for me, I'm the only one that can save your life.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another case report published by the CDC — this time from Singapore — also suggests contact with contaminated surfaces can transmit the virus. In that case, a person who was infected with SARS-CoV-2, but not yet symptomatic, attended a church service. Later in the day, another person sat in the same seat, and also came down with COVID-19. Whether the virus was contracted via a contaminated surface, or potentially a lingering aerosol, however, couldn't be ascertained.

But most likely it was due to being in close contact with all those other people in the church...or whatever this individual subjected themselves to prior to or after they visited this church....

No facts there at all that point at touch being the cause......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
read that the modeler for the Imperial College - their report of deaths in the millions led to Trump to change his tone about the potential of the virus - was caught breaking the stay at home order to bone his mistress

and has since resigned a key advisory position to the UK government.

no shortage of people telling us to stay home and ignoring their own advice

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari

Phil

Sweden didn’t tell their population to shelter in place.

Do me a favor and answer these questions:

1: Are they all dead?
2: How long do we need to hide
3: Since the first human corona virus was identified in 1960
Sixty years have past and there are ZERO vaccines for any corona virus. How can you tell us there will definitely be one available soon for this one?
4: Even if one comes available by Fall, are we to hide until then? If so, how do we deal with the complete economic collapse of Western Civilization?

5. How do suggest the government deal with the inevitable public restlessness if being forced to home confine for months more? Fines? Arrests? Mass incarceration?

I’m sure you will have answers that will put us all at ease with this. Thank you in advance.

Here you go, I want to help you with your research and I don't want you to needless quote a super biased source such as Business Insider. Let's take a look at a source not influenced by US politics, in this case The Telegraph from London. Comp[ares Sweden's approach of hands off to Denmark's lock down. Two very similar countries. The result? About the same for both. as a matter of fact, check this out:

https://news.yahoo.com/sweden-suppressed-infection-rates-without-082953085.html

"Sweden's state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell now estimates that as many as a quarter of people in Stockholm might already be immune. The capital might have herd immunity within weeks, he argues."

I hope that helps you with your research. We wait for those answers. Thx.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

But most likely it was due to being in close contact with all those other people in the church...or whatever this individual subjected themselves to prior to or after they visited this church....

No facts there at all that point at touch being the cause......

Agreed

- Albert Einstein
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

298 members (320090T, 303savage, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 1,239 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,847
Posts18,517,518
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.