Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 108 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 107 108
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
"I'm from the West side of Chicago. Here on vacation."

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Good article, the dead guy’s prior arrests for a minor shoplifting incident and getting caught with a gun in high school hardly qualify him as a stone cold thug tho.

Sounds to me more like a kid who was steered away from thuggism by the coaching staff at his high school. Happens all the time.

If that’s true then it’s a real tragedy and I sincerely hope those two dumbasses get what they deserve.

Do you know how the justice system works? Lmao...

Attached Images
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I still don't know any facts of this case.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everybody is jumping on this bandwagon.

Already seeing “5k Ahmaud Albery” runs set up to honor the fine young man. People falling all over themselves to show how in tune they are with the cause and strife of po black folks.

Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I'm sorry, but I'm here to tell you this shooting was completely unjustified and these two morons need to be thrown in jail.

Unjustified? It's not against the law to get out of your vehicle carrying a gun. We don't what was said and whether the gun was pointed at the the man when the man charged the dummy with the gun. To me it looked like the gun was pointed up when the black man first grabbed the barrel. You definitely have the right to defend yourself, and both parties were trying to do this once things started escalating. This is just another senseless killing that both parties contributed to, but more so by the white guys because they were profiling.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Funny thing is these 2 bubbas are interchangeable with 95% of the hillbillies on the fire. Hopefully they fry.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by callnum
Funny thing is these 2 bubbas are interchangeable with 95% of the hillbillies on the fire.

Most of the hillbillies on the 'Fire are calling this a homicide.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hastings
It might be that father and son and the 3rd party were trying to detain the jogger by holding him at gunpoint if necessary. They probably were far out of line doing this but may have not had any intent to kill him. When the jogger attacked his assailant and grabbed the gun I would imagine at that time the man holding the gun became quite fearful the firearm would be wrested from him and turned against him. The white man had put himself in a terrible position and might very well have felt he was faced with the life threatening situation of being shot with his own gun. Who knows what they were thinking. I can understand the black jogger's fear when confronted by a gun wielding stranger. He would have understood that he couldn't outrun a load of shot. His attempt to disarm may have seemed his only option. And the gun wielder may have thought his only hope was to do whatever it took to maintain possession of the weapon. The white folks involved used terrible judgement but it is highly possible they had no intent to kill anyone. If the black man was truly innocent of any criminal doings he likely thought his only hope was to obtain a weapon and went for the nearest one available.

Good analysis, and the one I have adopted as well. This would be a case of what's called "an imperfect defense of self-defense." When one is found guilty in that case, they usually get convicted of manslaughter, not murder. Imperfect defenses of self-defense are those that don't fully meet the standard for a perfect claim of self-defense, because the defender didn't come to the situation with completely clean hands, i.e., he was to some degree in the wrong as he appeared on the scene. An example of imperfect self defense would be walking up to someone and maliciously pushing him down, followed by the other party drawing a knife and charging at you, followed by you drawing your gun and shooting him down.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by CWT
I am ashamed of the responses on this forum.

Go jogging on the south side of Chicago until you get over it.

lol
That reminds me of pulling off the interstate on the wrong side of St. Louis at 3 AM to ask for some directions...

Didn't turn out to be a good idea at all......

Have you never watched Vacation?

Oh hell yeah, just not before I decided to pull off the road in St. Louis at 3 AM.
I didn't find the information I was looking for but I made it back to the interstate, with some luck, quick thinking and speed....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Funny thing is these 2 bubbas are interchangeable with 95% of the hillbillies on the fire.

Most of the hillbillies on the 'Fire are calling this a homicide.

Anyone who's not an idiot is calling it a homicide, since the intentional actions of person A brought about the death of person B. That's all that's required for that term to accurately apply. It's either justifiable homicide or not, in which latter case it could be classified in a number of ways, on up to murder one.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Hastings
It might be that father and son and the 3rd party were trying to detain the jogger by holding him at gunpoint if necessary. They probably were far out of line doing this but may have not had any intent to kill him. When the jogger attacked his assailant and grabbed the gun I would imagine at that time the man holding the gun became quite fearful the firearm would be wrested from him and turned against him. The white man had put himself in a terrible position and might very well have felt he was faced with the life threatening situation of being shot with his own gun. Who knows what they were thinking. I can understand the black jogger's fear when confronted by a gun wielding stranger. He would have understood that he couldn't outrun a load of shot. His attempt to disarm may have seemed his only option. And the gun wielder may have thought his only hope was to do whatever it took to maintain possession of the weapon. The white folks involved used terrible judgement but it is highly possible they had no intent to kill anyone. If the black man was truly innocent of any criminal doings he likely thought his only hope was to obtain a weapon and went for the nearest one available.

Good analysis, and the one I have adopted as well. This would be a case of what's called "an imperfect defense of self-defense." When one is found guilty in that case, they usually get convicted of manslaughter, not murder. Imperfect defenses of self-defense are those that don't fully meet the standard for a perfect claim of self-defense, because the defender didn't come to the situation with completely clean hands, i.e., he was to some degree in the wrong as he appeared on the scene. An example of imperfect self defense would walking up to someone and maliciously pushing him down, followed by the other party drawing a knife and charging at you, followed by you drawing your gun and shooting him down.

This is likely a pretty good analysis. At any rate, we should know soon because it’s getting a lot of attention now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I'm sorry, but I'm here to tell you this shooting was completely unjustified and these two morons need to be thrown in jail.

Unjustified? It's not against the law to get out of your vehicle carrying a gun. We don't what was said and whether the gun was pointed at the the man when the man charged the dummy with the gun. To me it looked like the gun was pointed up when the black man first grabbed the barrel. You definitely have the right to defend yourself, and both parties were trying to do this once things started escalating. This is just another senseless killing that both parties contributed to, but more so by the white guys because they were profiling.

Listen, I live and work here and although I don't have the police report, what gave these two inbreds the right to chase down a man who was OBVIOUSLY out for a jog and stop him? If two douche bags would have pulled the same thing on most folks, you're damned right it should have escalated. But I guess if Gomer Pyle's your idol, then a "citizen's arrest" is a bucket list item. This much I can guarantee you; if the guy would have been white, we would not be having this discussion.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Funny thing is these 2 bubbas are interchangeable with 95% of the hillbillies on the fire. Hopefully they fry.

Idunno about that, most the guys here are has been old farts that just talk big when they are safely in their homes sitting at a keyboard, Doubtful many would have the balls to confront a real black man... That's just a bridge too far..

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Listen, I live and work here and although I don't have the police report,

Now ya do...it's posted in the thread a ways back....

The full police report can be viewed at https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/6915-arbery-shooting/b52fa09cdc974b970b79/optimized/full.pdf (it don't exactly match the video but pretty close)

There is some more here...
https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...9cdc974b970b79/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm waiting for the national news to be saturated with reports of these killings.

https://wgntv.com/news/5-killed-28-wounded-in-weekend-shootings/

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't recall any reports of the following on the national news.

https://www.unz.com/sbpdl/national-...k-male-in-killing-spree-in-east-alabama/

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,..didn't hear anything about this on the national news.

https://www.unz.com/sbpdl/his-name-...to-stop-them-from-breaking-into-his-car/

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm waiting for the national news to be saturated with reports of these killings.

https://wgntv.com/news/5-killed-28-wounded-in-weekend-shootings/

You know as well as I do that’s not gonna happen other than to frame it in such a way as to show how many people those evil guns killed. .

Last edited by Dryfly24; 05/08/20.
Page 10 of 108 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (anothergun, Amos63, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 12 invisible), 1,656 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,826
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.