Hop To
Page 27 of 108 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 107 108
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
EJP, it matters not what the pursuers knew of his criminal background. Violent criminal backgrounds are still relevant in self-defense claims. They tend to support a claim of violent behavior at the time in question.

I take it you meant that it DOES matter. At any rate, save your breath. That fugging mouth breather doesn’t know [bleep] about the law. It’s obvious from all the dumb schit he’s posted already. I put him on ignore. He’s just a rabid SJW and you can’t reason with a dumbass who only wants to see what he wants to.

If by rabid mouth breathing sjw that doesnt know schit about the law, meaning I realize that anything the victim did as a minor 7-8yrs ago in High School to profile him.... wont be allowed to give reason to doing what they did... yup thats me...

If by rabid mouth breathing sjw - you mean someone who’s a big sissy snowflake that needs to sensor what he reads, nope... not me, thats clearly you lmao....

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

And why is this relevant?

Joggers getting murdered seems to be big with the media these days. I'm betting the situation outlined in the posted link will be covered in depth on the national news over the next few days.

Maybe it'll even become a topic of discussion here.

Come on you old racist.

Why won't you admit the real reason it's relevant to you?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

It's got to do with the difference between how the media covers blacks killing whites as opposed to whites killing blacks.

You hear about it on a national level for days every time whites kill blacks. (a very rare occurrence)

You never hear about it on a national level when blacks kill whites. (a far from rare occurrence)

The above post details the most glaring double standard I see associated with such matters.

Find a case where a retired black cop, and his black son kill a white guy they assume is guilty of a crime... and the black DA dismisses it and sweeps it under the rug for a few months after seeing the video without sending it to the grand jury....

Then we can talk double standards....

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If it had been a bank robbery.....yes. A planned bank robbery, yes.

IF they had no intent of killing anyone, only wanted a thief caught, your example is not applicable in the least.

Pickup bed Dad was a bystander to an escalating situation. If the kid was not involved with the burglaries, he may get a lesser charge.

If jogger kid was involved with the burglaries.......get ready, things may burn.

In the video, was anyone pointing their firearm at the jogger before things went physical?

Originally Posted by Paul_M
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
The cheerleader in the pickup bed is likely off.....murder charge is all political, waiting for the election season (or later) to render verdicts.

Not so sure about that.
How about when the driver of the get away car gets charged with bank robbery and murder when he just sat in the car while his buddy went and robbed the bank and killed the security guard?
The father was there, he was armed and I bet it was his idea to chase after they guy, he's involved.
I think they are both most likely going to jail for a long time.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Kidnapping? Really? Go back and get your GED, Jethro.

If it’s lawful to stand there with a shotgun, and someone tries to grab it.....A BIG IF......justified shooting. Only two chumps can testify to that, unfortunately.

All the geniuses claim the video shows everything, then want to say you can’t see if the deceased got violent and turned toward the shooter, grabbing the gun. Can’t have it both ways.

The cheerleader in the pickup bed is likely off.....murder charge is all political, waiting for the election season (or later) to render verdicts.

Any chance the deceased recognized the ex-law-enforcement officer he had past dealings with?

If someone accosts you for no reason and points a gun at you, do you have the right to defend yourself?

Presuming you sensibly answered yes to that, if you were empty handed and felt your life was in danger, do you think that one of the ways to defend yourself would be to try to disarm the person who was holding the gun to you?

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Did you see anyone in the video pointing a gun at the jogger before the fight ensued?

Open carry is not legally deemed a threat.

Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Kidnapping? Really? Go back and get your GED, Jethro.

If it’s lawful to stand there with a shotgun, and someone tries to grab it.....A BIG IF......justified shooting. Only two chumps can testify to that, unfortunately.

All the geniuses claim the video shows everything, then want to say you can’t see if the deceased got violent and turned toward the shooter, grabbing the gun. Can’t have it both ways.

Any chance the deceased recognized the ex-law-enforcement officer he had past dealings with?

If someone accosts you for no reason and points a gun at you, do you have the right to defend yourself?

Presuming you sensibly answered yes to that, if you were empty handed and felt your life was in danger, do you think that one of the ways to defend yourself would be to try to disarm the person who was holding the gun to you?

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
There is a difference between carrying and brandishing. Enough of a difference that Georgia is considering clarifying the law on it:

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--reg...gal-brandish-gun/Oe2x0xPUTKP99PueauFWdI/

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
There is a difference between carrying and brandishing. Enough of a difference that Georgia is considering clarifying the law on it:

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--reg...gal-brandish-gun/Oe2x0xPUTKP99PueauFWdI/

Dont do that to them.... they might actually realize where the two dumb dumbs fugged up...

But they dont want to know it because the black guy deserved to die, he is suspected of committing a crime before....

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I have found NV.s definition useful in explaining brandishing. Draws or displays a deadly weapon in a rude, angry or threatening manner not in necessary self defense.

Under lessons learned I would put in that if you choose to offensively interact w/ other persons while armed you best be prepared for a less than perfect outcome and the potential consequences. Those peckerwoods created a situation that was totally unnecessary.

My weapons are for defending the innocent from death or great bodily injury. Only.

YMMV

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 05/09/20.

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well in the 911 recording, one of them made mention that the thief who had been hitting the area was caught on recording a couple of times, will be interesting to see if any recordings come out.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Joggers getting murdered seems to be big with the media these days. I'm betting the situation outlined in the posted link will be covered in depth on the national news over the next few days.

Maybe it'll even become a topic of discussion here.

Something tells me you will be safe from the black man when it comes to your jogging habits Bristoe......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Why run around the truck and try and take the shotgun? You are forcing the guy to shoot you, at that point. .

There's an old saw about rushing a gun but fleeing from a knife..

Well there is a third option, stay calm and wait for the police.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sawbuck
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by mrfudd
Would you wait on the cops if two black guys pulled guns on you? Looks like he was justifiably in fear of his life and trying to do what he could to fight back.
I've had guns pointed at me and, rather than try to attack the guy(s) holding the gun, it was "yes sir/no sir" "what would you like me to do, sir?".

That anyone is dumb enough to think they are going to win bare handed in a fight against a firearm is a crime in itself. Most people aren't stupid enough to get close enough to you that you are going to perform a disarm like Chuck Norris. This denial of reality seems to be a problem of black culture.

It is fight or flight.
Why complicate it with other options?

Um, because you'll end up dead?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

They didn't have guns on them to shoot him to prevent escape. They were bearing arms in case needed to defend themselves from violence, such as the suspect attacking them in such a way as to be life threatening, as he actually did.

The racism is strong in this one, almost as strong as the anti-semitism.

If Dumb and Dumber needed to "defend themselves from violence," why did they go where the black guy was jogging in the first place? Hmmmm?

They went to him because they wanted to hold him for the police, as they had reason to suspect he was a serial burglar in their neighborhood.

But they were not police, and under georgia law, it appears they had no authority to do so:

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-17/chapter-4/article-4/17-4-60/

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

True. That's what places it in the arena of an imperfect defense of self-defense rather than either a perfect claim of self-defense or murder. In other words, they didn't come to the circumstance of requiring self-defensive action with clean hands. They also, however, didn't maliciously cause anyone's death. The act causing death was deemed by the shooter to be reasonably necessary to preserve his life which was under imminent threat from the jogger attempting to wrest a loaded weapon from his grasp.

Georgia law is pretty clear. You start the commotion you can't claim self defense.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
These cracker boys need to stock up on vaseline and gauze.. Dumb fuqks... Sure they weren't from Iowa?.

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
There's an old saw about rushing a gun but fleeing from a knife.I doubt the guy who got killed thought of that or was thinking clearly at all. It looked to me like he was trying to keep the other guy from shooting him.
If the jogger had no idea why 2 white men were trying to accost him and
in fact headed him off and got out with a long gun he could and should have assumed they were trying to rob him, kill him, kidnap him or some such nefarious purpose. At that point I would have probably figured my safest and only option was to get a tight hold on my assailant and try to gain control of the weapon. I still don't believe the father and son team set out to kill the young black man but hopefully all of us can learn something about using discretion with our right to keep and bear arms.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law...maud-arbery-case/xvSWFTbaD0k9cr80R7CTnL/

New security video from across the street of the construction site. Shows the black kid going in to, and around the construction house for 3 1/2 minutes.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law...maud-arbery-case/xvSWFTbaD0k9cr80R7CTnL/

New security video from across the street of the construction site. Shows the black kid going in to, and around the construction house for 3 1/2 minutes.

"It is important to note that this footage was reviewed at the beginning of the GBI investigation and before the arrests of Gregory and Travis McMichael."

“If you initiate an assault you don’t get then claim self-defense if the other person reacts to them to be assaulted,” Arora said. “From the information we have right now, this video doesn’t change the basis for the arrest.”

“ were concerned that he could be armed because they said they saw him on another occasion sticking “his hand down his pants.””

Attached Images
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Also, interesting to note.... that article states the police have no record of any burglaries in that neighborhood except when dumbass jr called to report the loaded handgun he left in his unlocked truck over night was missing...

He sure sounds like a model gun owner lmao...

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
That video shows absolutely nothing. You can't identify anybody or see any evidence of theft.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 27 of 108 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,699
Posts18,513,732
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.