Hop To
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
How many guns did you make?
Way more than you. Tell us all what you do for a living there Mr. wonderful. I'm sure I't's really impressive.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I worked for the railroad and was laid off all season.

Was you laid off 'cause you didn't work 'all the live long day'?.....
Everybody in track dept. got laid off for the winter. Is it really any of your concern ?

The "track dept."....hmmm don't know that I've heard of that one, what craft would that have been?
I'm sure there's much you've never heard of ya stupid f.uck.

So teach me - I'll ask again, what craft were you a part of as a "track dept" worker?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Everybody in track dept. got laid off for the winter. Is it really any of your concern ?

The "track dept."....hmmm don't know that I've heard of that one, what craft would that have been?

So teach me - I'll ask again, what craft were you a part of as a "track dept" worker?
I have no idea what railroad Blackheart worked for, but back when I worked for the Katy railroad, now the UP, there were three departments, Track, Car and Signal. Signal workers were electricians basically, track workers were the lowest echelon (I was one) and the Car Dept. was the best, whether you worked in the big shops that re-did cars or whether you were a Conductor or Engineer or the like. Basically the Track workers work on the rails...the tracks. Lots of different jobs. I can't speak for Blackheart, but I did all sorts of things involved in maintaining or redoing the railroads. Hard work that paid well. Lots of layoffs were involved and employment meant paying Union dues and taking layoffs if you were lower in seniority than others.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

“Can we all get along?”

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
How many guns did you make?
Way more than you. Tell us all what you do for a living there Mr. wonderful. I'm sure I't's really impressive.

LOL, if I'm a mechanic, can I say I'm a "car maker?" Yeah, that's the ticket, I'm one of the "big three," an auto-maker, LOL.

Why are you so interested in what I do broke dick? Trying to improve your station?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by GregW
Enjoy your time off and the check you're likely getting. Soak it up. Maybe the pistol market will pick up for you and you can get back to your career choice that you tout so much on here.....

While back he clued us in that he and the little missus were going to come out better financially on unemployment than working normally. Must be one hell of a go getter in the workplace.

Doesn't surprise me. He's a Chihuahua with a loud bark.

Who likes to yap on the internet, where he'll never have to back up what he says.

Nothing says "douchbag" louder than fightin' words on the internet.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I have no idea what railroad Blackheart worked for, but back when I worked for the Katy railroad, now the UP, there were three departments, Track, Car and Signal. Signal workers were electricians basically, track workers were the lowest echelon (I was one) and the Car Dept. was the best, whether you worked in the big shops that re-did cars or whether you were a Conductor or Engineer or the like. Basically the Track workers work on the rails...the tracks. Lots of different jobs. I can't speak for Blackheart, but I did all sorts of things involved in maintaining or redoing the railroads. Hard work that paid well. Lots of layoffs were involved and employment meant paying Union dues and taking layoffs if you were lower in seniority than others.

Thanks EE, don't doubt your experience. Have my doubts that Blackie has done any MoW work......

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Thanks EE, don't doubt your experience. Have my doubts that Blackie has done any MoW work......
Don't care what you doubt. You're a low life big mouth nothing to me. I was a dues paying member of the BMWE and worked for the Delaware & Hudson. No way in hell a pussy like you could have hacked it on the tracks..

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Exactly right. I started on a tie gang, bid into a job on a rail gang, then a crossing gang, then into driving a truck for material support and finally into a foreman position on a crossing gang. Every fall you bumped around into different jobs held by guys with less seniority as the layoffs started. When you ran out of places to bump to you took layoff until they started back up in the spring.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Gee, Buckfart, just think what you could have been if you got past the eighth grade.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Gee, Buckfart, just think what you could have been if you got past the eighth grade.

What happens after the eighth grade?

Seriously.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well I think I've done plenty in my life. Likely FAR MORE than you or any of the other scum bags here. The railroad ain't for pussies so it wouldn't have been an option for you.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yeah, I never drove truck for the railroad.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I believe they're called locomotives.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Did you get to keep your size four hardhat?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I only did that for one summer. Truckers in general are pussies compared to railroaders and generally can't handle it out on the tracks. Saw more than one trucker tuck his tail and run for home halfway through their first day on a tie gang or rail gang.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
WOW, you actually saw that?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
WOW, you actually saw that?
Yeah and I saw a lot of smartass pansies like you spitting teeth in bar fights with railroaders too.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Gee, really?

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

291 members (260Remguy, 30Gibbs, 10gaugemag, 358WCF, 1Longbow, 204guy, 42 invisible), 2,275 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,534
Posts18,531,011
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.