Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I worked for the railroad and was laid off all season.

Was you laid off 'cause you didn't work 'all the live long day'?.....
Everybody in track dept. got laid off for the winter. Is it really any of your concern ?

The "track dept."....hmmm don't know that I've heard of that one, what craft would that have been?
I'm sure there's much you've never heard of ya stupid f.uck.

So teach me - I'll ask again, what craft were you a part of as a "track dept" worker?
I have no idea what railroad Blackheart worked for, but back when I worked for the Katy railroad, now the UP, there were three departments, Track, Car and Signal. Signal workers were electricians basically, track workers were the lowest echelon (I was one) and the Car Dept. was the best, whether you worked in the big shops that re-did cars or whether you were a Conductor or Engineer or the like. Basically the Track workers work on the rails...the tracks. Lots of different jobs. I can't speak for Blackheart, but I did all sorts of things involved in maintaining or redoing the railroads. Hard work that paid well. Lots of layoffs were involved and employment meant paying Union dues and taking layoffs if you were lower in seniority than others.