Ya see,,,,there’s this pond, next propertyadjacent to Bristoe that..............

Blackheart, I’ve not read this whole shebang but on the subject you mentioned about accessing and permission in the South:

All things considered, it’s a pretty tight affair to get permission in a band of states from Texas, eastward. From my perspective much of the problem stems from liability. Period. This is particularly true in Louisiana, the personal injury lawsuit capital of the free world and laws here have only recently been changed to reflect protections for the landowners. In this, I cannot speak for other states in the band mentioned.

Taxes is another issue and can be a big one so from that, wide spread surface and recreational leasing of property is in vogue and it ain’t ever going back to a come and go as a person pleases,,,which leaves public areas. Some leases/acre are damned near over the top expensive plus the leasee has to prove and carry the necessary liability insurance to protect the landowners as well as themselves. Many Hunting Clubs that lease property are listed as LLCs.

So it’s come down to the Big M,,,Money. Liability, taxes and revenue from leasing your private property. Far from perfect but that’s how she be.

This is not to say that a respectful “please “ won’t gain you entry cause in some cases it certainly will but it sure helps to know someone.

Now,,,,,,,back to the arena. Carry on.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.