Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by hillestadj
You're such a dumb son of a bitch you're beyond hope. Both of my grandfathers and two of my uncles were dairy farmers. We had a total of about 1600 acres in the family. None of it was ever posted and anybody was welcome to hunt, despite the fact that both my grandfathers told me I could post it if I wished. They both said they really thought that would be rather selfish of me because so many enjoyed hunting it. I only have a few acres myself but have given permission to fish and hunt to everybody who asked. You would be an exception.

So both your grandfathers were land owners. Your uncles were land owners. You were not a land owner. It was great for you to have all that access - as a non landowner. But you didn't post the land you didn't own, so everyone else is a fugger. Got it.

I'm extremely bummed there is no chance for me to hunt your acreage now. Sounds like the opportunity of a life time gone forever. I'll have to make do in WI.
The point is, my grandfathers taught me not to be stingy with what I have and that sharing with those less fortunate was just being a good citizen and neighborly. Obviously you had a poor upbringing.

Offering access to those you view as less fortunate is fine if thats what you want to do. Hitting up strangers for access is akin to begging. My poor upbringing taught me better than that.
It's certainly not akin to begging. Everybody is perfectly free to say no. Some do say no. some don't. I certainly don't feel at all guilty or shamed in any way when someone grants permission. Particularly so when I've done the same myself many times. I have asked permission to fish and hunt on many properties over the years and am thankful for the many opportunities I've had as a result. I now have permission on several properties in 6 Counties. Combined with all the state land in the area I have enough to never get bored.

If its worth having, it's worth asking for. Anyway, that's what my Grandad and the Lord said.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin