Hop To
Page 47 of 108 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 107 108
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The black man got shot because he attacked a man who had a gun.

It's really not complicated.

This.

Well, that's pretty much the black and white of it.

Whitey did something illegal. The jogger did something worse, suicidal.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/11/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Three guys in two trucks chased the man down, one guy jumped out with a firearm in his path in such a manner as to indicate he was willing to use deadly force.

Both parties reacted without much time for forethought.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by JoeBob
So why is okay to impute motives and intentions to the rednecks based on their race, location, and alleged attitudes towards blacks while not doing the same for the black victim? If it’s okay to say that the reason that these men set upon this innocent jogger is because they were racists white men, then why is it taboo to say that the black man was probably a thief who if he didn’t deserve whatever he got, at least brought it upon himself by his criminal actions?
Job Bob, you don't just get to declare someone a thief based upon their race. If you have convincing evidence, the kind sufficient to support probably cause that he committed a felony, present it.
But you seem to think it's OK to impute motive and intention on some white guy just because he's white. How convenient. I don't remember you being part of the "let's see all the evidence" crowd.

BTW, have you ever had a hostile firearm pointed at you?

You seem to know how someone should act in such a situation. Tell us how correct Ahmaud's actions were.

Maybe you could leave your blind racism out and speculate how things could have been different if Ahmaud had behaved differently.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Goes triple for you Ghost.

Sorry sir, but I just don't give a schit what you think.

Doesn't matter, I'm merely stating fact.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Three guys in two trucks chased the man down, one guy jumped out with a firearm in his path in such a manner as to indicate he was willing to use deadly force.

Yep.
The white guy thought the jogger would act rational and put his hands up and wait for LEO.

Both were wrong, one was dead wrong.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
GA statute on Burglary:

A person commits the offense of burglary in the first degree when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he or she enters or remains within an occupied, unoccupied, or vacant dwelling house of another or any building, vehicle, railroad car, watercraft, aircraft, or other such structure designed for use as the dwelling of another. A person who commits the offense of burglary in the first degree shall be guilty of a felony....

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2014/title-16/chapter-7/article-1/section-16-7-1

Notice that a burglar doesn't have to actually steal anything to be guilty.

Mr. Jogger stopped, looked, and entered the house, and tried to find something to steal, for approximately 30 seconds, before being yelled at, and running away at three times the speed he'd previously been "jogging" at.

And it's all on video.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i've snooped through buildings under construction before

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

It's time for a *lot* of forethought before you yank on the barrel of a shotgun that somebody is holding.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Georgia law:

Georgia Laws on Burglary

In the state of Georgia, there are two degrees of burglary—first-degree burglary and second-degree burglary. Under O.C.G.A. § 16-7-1, a person commits the offense of burglary in the first degree when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he or she enters or remains within an occupied, unoccupied, or vacant dwelling house of another or any building, vehicle, railroad car, watercraft, aircraft, or other such structure designed for use as the dwelling of another.

A person commits the offense of burglary in the second degree when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he or she enters or remains within an occupied, unoccupied, or vacant building, structure, vehicle, railroad car, watercraft, or aircraft.

So, the Jogger clearly entered a building without authorization. The question is did he have intent to commit a felony or theft therein? Georgia case law says that the mere presence of valuables inside that could be stolen is sufficient to infer that intent and sustain a conviction for burglary REGARDLESS of whether a theft was carried out. For the purposes of burglary there is no misdemeanor/felony value threshold. If there was so much as a two-by-four or a hammer in there for him to take, his mere presence in the building was sufficient to sustain a conviction for burglary. Now, criminal trespass is a lesser included offense and he would be entitled to an instruction on it if he testified that he did not intend to steal, but he had done enough to be convicted of burglary and satisfy the law.

So yeah, the jogger could easily have been convicted of a felony that day based upon his actions. He also happens to be black. Saying that he could have been convicted of a felony has nothing to do with the fact that he was also black. It has to do with the facts as we know them.

Last edited by JoeBob; 05/11/20.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Ha. You're expecting folks to act with an IQ of at least 72, Bristle.

All jogger had to do was say hey, I'm thinking of buying this place, and of course, wait for LEO. Whoa, that's a no go.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jaguartx
AS cant understand that if the dead man had laid down he would be home having a cold one today.

He was right, the dad and son wrong, but it doesnt matter, he made a dumb move and now hes dead and gone.

Happens to innocent kids at intersections every day, and they had no chance to lay down and wait for LEO to straighten things out.

Come on Doc.

Trade the races. Would you have just laid down for them?

If I were jogging and two black men in a truck came at me like that with a shotgun you're damn right I would have laid right down. I sure as hell wouldn't have been stupid enough to try and grab the gun from them. I would have tried to reason with them asking what is going on.

I'm not saying that these two will be proven innocent but damn guys, where the hell is your common sense?

And I'm no racist. There are white trash same as there are black trash. I do believe that there are places that have too many of both. There would be an abundance of one of them at this location for sure.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Saying that he could have been convicted of a felony has nothing to do with the fact that he was also black.

i doubt the guys in the truck, or most of the guys reading this, think that

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
So why is okay to impute motives and intentions to the rednecks based on their race, location, and alleged attitudes towards blacks while not doing the same for the black victim? If it’s okay to say that the reason that these men set upon this innocent jogger is because they were racists white men, then why is it taboo to say that the black man was probably a thief who if he didn’t deserve whatever he got, at least brought it upon himself by his criminal actions?
Job Bob, you don't just get to declare someone a thief based upon their race. If you have convincing evidence, the kind sufficient to support probably cause that he committed a felony, present it.
But you seem to think it's OK to impute motive and intention on some white guy just because he's white. How convenient. I don't remember you being part of the "let's see all the evidence" crowd.

You seem to know how someone should act in such a situation. Tell us how correct Ahmaud's actions were.

Maybe you could leave your blind racism out and speculate how things could have been different if Ahmaud had behaved differently.

Ahmaud didn't go and get his guns for the purpose of confronting another individual. Ahmaud did not initiate the confrontation without legal authority to do so. Georgia laws pretty clear. You start it, you don't get to claim self defense, but the other guys well within his right to exercise that right.

If someone, who's not a cop, points a gun at your, do you plan to forfeit your right to self defense?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by sse
Saying that he could have been convicted of a felony has nothing to do with the fact that he was also black.

i doubt the guys in the truck, or most of the guys reading this, think that

What you doubt is pretty immaterial to the facts.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Georgia law:

Georgia Laws on Burglary

In the state of Georgia, there are two degrees of burglary—first-degree burglary and second-degree burglary. Under O.C.G.A. § 16-7-1, a person commits the offense of burglary in the first degree when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he or she enters or remains within an occupied, unoccupied, or vacant dwelling house of another or any building, vehicle, railroad car, watercraft, aircraft, or other such structure designed for use as the dwelling of another.

A person commits the offense of burglary in the second degree when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he or she enters or remains within an occupied, unoccupied, or vacant building, structure, vehicle, railroad car, watercraft, or aircraft.

So, the Jogger clearly entered a building without authorization. The question is did he have intent to commit a felony or theft therein? Georgia case law says that the mere presence of valuables inside that could be stolen is sufficient to infer that intent and sustain a conviction for burglary REGARDLESS of whether a theft was carried out. For the purposes of burglary there is no misdemeanor/felony value threshold. If there was so much as a two-by-four or a hammer in there for him to take, his mere presence in the building was sufficient to sustain a conviction for burglary. Now, criminal trespass is a lesser included offense and he would be entitled to an instruction on it if he testified that he did not intend to steal, but he had done enough to be convicted of burglary and satisfy the law.

So yeah, the jogger could easily have been convicted of a felony that day based upon his actions. He also happens to be black. Saying that he could have been convicted of a felony has nothing to do with the fact that he was also black. It has to do with the facts as we know them.

That law is clearly as racist as can be. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Ahmaud didn't go and get his guns for the purpose of confronting another individual. Ahmaud did not initiate the confrontation without legal authority to do so. Georgia laws pretty clear. You start it, you don't get to claim self defense, but the other guys well within his right to exercise that right.

If someone, who's not a cop, points a gun at your, do you plan to forfeit your right to self defense?

If I just committed a felony and am fleeing from lawful apprehension? Absolutely I have.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Fubarski
GA statute on Burglary:

A person commits the offense of burglary in the first degree when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he or she enters or remains within an occupied, unoccupied, or vacant dwelling house of another or any building, vehicle, railroad car, watercraft, aircraft, or other such structure designed for use as the dwelling of another. A person who commits the offense of burglary in the first degree shall be guilty of a felony....

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2014/title-16/chapter-7/article-1/section-16-7-1

Notice that a burglar doesn't have to actually steal anything to be guilty.

Mr. Jogger stopped, looked, and entered the house, and tried to find something to steal, for approximately 30 seconds, before being yelled at, and running away at three times the speed he'd previously been "jogging" at.

And it's all on video.

And lots of real states attorneys as well as various other defense attorneys in all the various articles and newscasts all say that the victim committed criminal trespass only... and... the shooters didnt see it happening, they saw him run by.

They murdered him without a valid legal reason to do so, and they will be found very guilty.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
You probably go through peoples dresser drawers too.

Originally Posted by sse
i've snooped through buildings under construction before

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
AS cant understand that if the dead man had laid down he would be home having a cold one today.

Are you so naive that you would surrender and allow yourself to be rendered helpless at the mercy of two or three gun wielding strangers in the middle of the street?
Strangers who had been using vehicles to aggressively chase you through the streets.
Strangers who doing such crazy schitt as standing in the back of a fast moving pickup, waving a gun, and one can safely assume shouting many phrases.

Does any of the demonstrated activity of the Bubbas prior to actual contact with the victim lead one to think their intended victim had any reason to believe he would be treated fairly, humanely, and not put at risk before Police arrived? Hell, the victim had no knowledge that Police were even in route.

Does one believe that Bubba and Bubba Jr were not shouting explicit threats toward their intended victim in their hot headed and reckless endeavor to bring to justice what they considered to be a POS dirtbag criminal?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

He was right, the dad and son wrong, but it doesnt matter, he made a dumb move and now hes dead and gone.

Happens to innocent kids at intersections every day, and they had no chance to lay down and wait for LEO to straighten things out.

Come on Doc.

Trade the races. Would you have just laid down for them?

Fuggin A and like a dead man. I did it before when a Mexican put a blade to my throat at Ruby's dairy one evening in high school in Refugio, Texas about 1967. Saved my life, too, I figure. But, I might be smarter than some jigger, I mean, jogger.

If someone who could have already shot you and driven on home tells you to lay down and you attack him to grab the gun you are as stupid as that jogger.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 47 of 108 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,574 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,471
Posts18,529,359
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.