Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 51 of 108 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 107 108
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
One was a theft of $2,500 worth of fishing equipment from English’s property, which he said he didn’t report to police but confirmed.

Link

Originally Posted by Starman
JoeBob,

Cite your source to your claim that $2500 in tackle
was robbed from the structure in question.

Statements from Mr English say he has never
been robbed, but alas, non-fiction attorneys like
You seem to know better... LOL.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by JoeBob
https://casetext.com/case/howard-v-state-924

Howard v. State, 227 Ga. App. 5, 8 (Ga. Ct. App. 1997) (“(b) "A person commits the offense of burglary when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he enters or remains within the dwelling house of another. . . ." OCGA § 16-7-1 (a). Here, the State proved that Ellison's dwelling was entered without her permission or authority. Brinson v. State, 208 Ga. App. 556, 557 (3), 558 ( 430 S.E.2d 875). The presence of valuables, such as Ellison's television, is sufficient to support an inference of defendant's intent to steal. Miller v. State, 208 Ga. App. 547 (1) ( 430 S.E.2d 873). In the case sub judice, the evidence was sufficient to authorize the jury's verdict that defendant is guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt, of burglary as alleged in the indictment.”)

So year old state case.

Besides, a TV sure doesn't sound like the 2x4's being discussed above.

You mean a 23 year old case in the state where the events occurred.

VS. a SCOTUS decision from last year.

Doesn’t matter when the SCOTUS case was from if it is immaterial to the issues in this case...which it is.

No, it's not.

It also explains the more details explanation of a later Georgia case you ignored:

And this is an actual Georgia Supreme Court Case, not an appellate case like you quoted.

. “Generally speaking, in a burglary trial a jury must, of necessity, find intent to commit a felony on the basis of circumstantial evidence.” Jackson v. State, 270 Ga. 494, 496 (1) (512 SE2d 241) (1999). We have long recognized that intent may be inferred from the presence of valuables inside the place the defendant sought to access. Steadman v. State, 81 Ga. 736, 736 (2) (8 SE 420) (1888); accord Long v. State, 307 Ga. App. 669, 671 (1) (705 SE2d 889) (2011) (holding that a jury may infer that a defendant intended to commit theft based on the presence of valuables inside the premises, when the jury concludes that there is no other apparent or credible motive for the defendant's unauthorized entry). The jury is thus allowed, but not required, to infer an ultimate fact from proof of a basic fact. See Pollard v. State, 249 Ga. 21, 22 (2) (287 SE2d 189) (1982). “It places no burden on the defendant; it merely advises and guides the jury as to what conclusions they might draw from circumstantial evidence presented at trial.” Id. The fact that the jury is permitted to exercise a permissive inference of intent to steal when deciding a burglary charge does not mean that the defendant has any obligation to testify or otherwise contest that inference. But it also does not mean that another charge must be offered even where there is no evidence to support it.

Hey, dummy, I said that criminal trespass was a lesser included but that a jury was allowed to infer intent to steal based on the presence of values.

So, thanks for finding a Georgia Supreme Court case that says exactly what I was saying.

Last edited by JoeBob; 05/11/20.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
The humorous part of this all though... its the defenses burden if going this route to prove within a reasonable doubt the victim could have been charged with a felony, at the same time defending their client. Which will be beyond difficult now, the victim is dead...

Dumb and dumber have a huge legal fee coming now, I think that part we can all agree on. They are going to need a serious legal team to get in front of this one....

And that DA better be calling in some favors right now, his fee’s adding up too. He’s fugged.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
My, how opinions change like the weather...

Originally Posted by Ejp1234

Dumb and dumber have a huge legal fee coming now, I think that part we can all agree on. They are going to need a serious legal team to get in front of this one....

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Here's your chance, hero.

Post the link to the "official" GA statute site, and the "real" burglary statute.

https://kcsenior.net/classes/

There you go buddy... they even offer transportation it seems...

I can find you reading and comprehension classes as well? Just let me know...

It's a certainty that that link isn't the "official" GA statute site.

Just like it's a certainty, that you never had a fkn clue what the real statute contains.

And it's a certainty that you posted the stupid shat you copied from Democrat Underground, bout forcible entry and postin.

IC B2

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Starman

Yes. By his actions in moving and looking around for something to steal.

Its only classed as burglary if you can prove
beyond reasonable doubt that he had 'intent'
to commit robbery before entering the structure.

Not true.

Hey! you're poachin *my* moron.

Go find your own.

laugh

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by shootAI
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I just learned that Montana allows for Citizens Arrest.

You watch yo ass......

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

😂😂😂

Pretty accurate if you’ve met Big Jim 🙂

That’s what makes the meme so funny

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Here's your chance, hero.

Post the link to the "official" GA statute site, and the "real" burglary statute.

https://kcsenior.net/classes/

There you go buddy... they even offer transportation it seems...

I can find you reading and comprehension classes as well? Just let me know...

It's a certainty that that link isn't the "official" GA statute site.

Just like it's a certainty, that you never had a fkn clue what the real statute contains.

And it's a certainty that you posted the stupid shat you copied from Democrat Underground, bout forcible entry and postin.

Old timer.... its on here now like 5x’s... im not sure how more dense you can be? Its freaking word for gosh darn word....

And differs from the 3rd party line the other guy posted, YOU WANT TO BELIEVE...

Google it jackass.... Im not doing it for you. Im allowing you to rebel in your profound misery of a proclaimed victory.... meanwhile the people who can read, are giggling at you.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by jaguartx
"IMHO they need to clean up their own act before pointing fingers at others.
Yet every thug that gets blasted is pushed for Sainthood." Racist.

He was saving up money from stuff no one wanted in order to go to brain surgeon school. Sorry whites wouldn't pay his way.

Doc,

Every group ultimately fractionates down to the individual. This is not a question of black vs. white, it's a question of right vs. wrong.

You know Jag is not a real doc, right?

So, uh, how much do you want to bet?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
According to some of these guys if you got home and found a guy dressed in black with a mask on in your house, you wouldn’t be able to hold him at gunpoint until the police got there. Why? Because unless he was carrying a sack of valuables on his back, you couldn’t prove that he was guilty of anything other than criminal trespass. And therefore, since he wasn’t in the act of committing a felony, you would not be entitled to make a citizens arrest.

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
My, how opinions change like the weather...

That makes as much sense as your legal arguments or interpretation of the laws...

Ive never said the two dummies wont need an expensive legal defense lmao...

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
According to some of these guys if you got home and found a guy dressed in black with a mask on in your house, you wouldn’t be able to hold him at gunpoint until the police got there. Why? Because unless he was carrying a sack of valuables on his back, you couldn’t prove that he was guilty of anything other than criminal trespass. And therefore, since he wasn’t in the act of committing a felony, you would not be entitled to make a citizens arrest.

Not me... hes in your house.... not running past your house down the street. Then, out of harms way, you go inside and arm yourself to pursue him, actually setting up a road block to attempt to “detain, or kill him”...

But, since most can say the victim was clearly burglarizing, then its also fair to say the two doofuses were clearly there with the intent to kill... see how tbat works?

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Of course the castle doctrine is totally irrelevant to this argument...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Not me... hes in your house.... not running past your house down the street. Then, out of harms way, you go inside and arm yourself to pursue him, actually setting up a road block to attempt to “detain, or kill him”...

But, since most can say the victim was clearly burglarizing, then its also fair to say the two doofuses were clearly there with the intent to kill... see how tbat works?

Learn to read. I haven’t said that he was clearly burglarizing. I’ve said that his actions were sufficient to sustain a conviction for it.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Learn to read. I haven’t said that he was clearly burglarizing. I’ve said that his actions were sufficient to sustain a conviction for it.

Learn to read. I didnt say you.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by hookeye
I left my garage door up, UPS man just left my package in there.....

Im going to cut his ass off down the road and blast him.... damn burglar....

Was he wearing a uniform or a jogging outfit?

Hahahaha. Tff.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Has anyone questioned the dead guys work history? How he was supporting himself ? How did he pat rent, taxes ?Where did he receive income from ? I'm only asking because all of this is public knowledge of bubba & son ?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
And from my quick, very easy google search here is why it wasnt burglary...

1.) no forceable entry, nor was the property marked. To be such there must be obvious unlawful entry... i.e., someone stops in to ask for directions is no more or less guilty or innocent then the deceased in this instance.

2.) you must prove intent... you have to prove he had intent of committing a felony. You cant, hes dead.... and not at the scene.

Old timer.... its on here now like 5x’s... im not sure how more dense you can be? Its freaking word for gosh darn word....

And differs from the 3rd party line the other guy posted, YOU WANT TO BELIEVE...

Google it jackass.... Im not doing it for you. Im allowing you to rebel in your profound misery of a proclaimed victory....

It'll only be a victory, if you can't provide a link to the bullshit "real" statute, which you claim says the crap you posted earlier.

Think how great it would be, if you were actually *right* about somethin you posted on the innanet, for once.

After hundreds of posts, you could finally be *right*, steada FOS.

All the respect you would get, and me havin ta admit I was wrong.

And all ya gotta do is a "quick, very easy google search".

Seems a shame ta waste all that potential, for simple laziness.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
And from my quick, very easy google search here is why it wasnt burglary...

1.) no forceable entry, nor was the property marked. To be such there must be obvious unlawful entry... i.e., someone stops in to ask for directions is no more or less guilty or innocent then the deceased in this instance.

2.) you must prove intent... you have to prove he had intent of committing a felony. You cant, hes dead.... and not at the scene.

The burglary statute is posted above, twice.

Forcible entry is not required, nor is actually stealing anything.

Intent can be inferred from his actions, and proven by the video of the joglar, both inside and outside the house.

Those like Ej cant understand the written law.

Go find some conspiracy website to post some more of your daydreams for everyone to read.... talk about someone consumed with fallacies!!

Google it dumbass

I guess my conspiracy theory about your deep state dimocommie buds was right. Did you not notice that on your fake news schatt.

I Dindo Nuffin
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
A brief summary of impressions relative to this thread: A couple of dumbshits attempt to detain another dumbshit at gunpoint in the absence of authority or a deadly threat to a human being. A dumbshit is killed as a result of this activity. A clamor arises among a bunch of dumbershits as to the social/racial bias of American society and that the jogroe had it coming.

Questions: if you are an innocent human being do you believe that you have the right to resist an armed stranger attempting to detain or threaten you w/ death or great bodily harm?

If you are a legally armed citizen do you have the right to present a deadly weapon to another in a rude, angry or threatening manner not in defense of an innocent human being threatened by death or great bodily injury?

Conclusion: there are a bunch of ignorant [bleep] up in here that are not smart enough to recognize their own stupidity and continue to flaunt it with appalling consistency.

YMMV

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 51 of 108 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 12 invisible), 1,594 guests, and 784 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,816
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.