Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
If someone, who's not a cop, points a gun at your, do you plan to forfeit your right to self defense?
I have loaded guns pointed at me by potential adversaries several times. I one case, I was even armed with a shotgun and probably could have killed the other 2 guys if I wanted. But they are alive and well and so am I.

Why? Because I didn't act like Ahmaud!

You? What's your experience?

Obviously you either have don't have any experience being in a potentially deadly confrontation or you think Ahmaud was a dumb ass too. Which is it?

AS hasnt answered my reply as to what I would do if someone with a deadly weapon got the drop on me.

Would you give them a BJ if so demanded? If you fail to resist in a potentially deadly encounter you have chosen to submit and become a victim by choice, good luck w/ that. You, Tyrone and many others are just silly.

mike r

I'm sure you'd rather be the jogger rather than be victimized.

Cops let burglar victims be victimized all the time by not investigating a lot of crime.

That is not a rational or appropriate response. I have been threatened w/ deadly force and did not comply w/ the wishes of those that threatened and survived. You make your choices and deal w/ the outcome. If you believe that the killing was justified and unavoidable man up and say so.

mike r

He was black... he’s made it very clear. He made it clear before the guy was dead in numerous threads dating way back. If it isnt about religion, or his conspiracies, its about black people... 1 & 3 very much clash though and make the joke on him.

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Hey Fubarksi... since your so smart... is a construction site a dwelling, or fit the description of any of the locations/places listed in Georgia’s definition of burglary...

https://www.google.com/

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
And if confronted with a firearm I doubt you would wrastle it from them either

Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by sse
listen, if a house next door is under construction, empty on a saturday morning, i don't think it's the crime of the century to poke your nose inside just to see how it's going...only done it once or twice in my whole d_mn life, so sue me

I’ll bet if someone stopped you and asked you about it, you wouldn’t haul ass like a scalded dog either.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by shootAI
And if confronted with a firearm I doubt you would wrastle it from them either

Originally Posted by sse
listen, if a house next door is under construction, empty on a saturday morning, i don't think it's the crime of the century to poke your nose inside just to see how it's going...only done it once or twice in my whole d_mn life, so sue me

I’ll bet if someone stopped you and asked you about it, you wouldn’t haul ass like a scalded dog either.

Actually, I’m talking about when he noticed the neighbor making the phone call and hauled ass from the house.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
JB - I am agreeing with you though it might not of been clear. His actions led to an unfortunate outcome. Not a normal jogging routine and I believe he was up to no good.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Hey Fubarksi... since your so smart... is a construction site a dwelling, or fit the description of any of the locations/places listed in Georgia’s definition of burglary...

https://www.google.com/

Touché lol

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
JB - I am agreeing with you though it might not of been clear. His actions led to an unfortunate outcome. Not a normal jogging routine and I believe he was up to no good.

Yeah, he was on probation too, so any little thing would have put him in danger of probation revocation.

The whole thing is regrettable. I could actually see all viewpoints in this deal, the facts are subject to interpretation, but I can’t stand how bad these two guys are getting g railroaded.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Well now that there's been an arrest, all the black people will simmer down.

So we can all go to the hoods and check out those habitat for humanity constructions going on.

Best time to check em out, around midnight.

Lets all go.

We aint gonna steal nuthin, and they aint dwellings............so no worries.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
How is calling the white males bubba’s every chance you get, any different than calling the BM a N_gger?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Yeah, he was on probation too, so any little thing would have put him in danger of probation revocation.

The whole thing is regrettable. I could actually see all viewpoints in this deal, the facts are subject to interpretation, but I can’t stand how bad these two guys are getting g railroaded.

No, Joe, say it ain't so. You mean he had a reason to haul ass and run. Well, I never. That son of a gun. Darn. Who woulda thunkit?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Do you think English currently has a motive to change his story?

Originally Posted by Starman

One day after the shooting, prosecutor George Barnhill had told police that he believed the McMichaels had just cause to pursue Mr Arbery, who was unarmed, and that they acted in self-defence, a claim that legal experts have dismissed as invalid.

Larry English, the man who owns the house under construction, told The Washington Post that the structure was not burgled, and that the McMichaels' accounts of robberies at the site are "completely wrong."

Jesus Christ It's Werner's birthday today...Ironically one of the guys in my Predator Calling Club who was fortunate enough to move his Family and Business to Idaho earlier this year welcomed his fourth child into the World today his name, Barrett John Turner.
I wish them both well.

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mr. English certainly told someone in the neighborhood about someone going into the house and having it on camera. Why? Because the person making the original 911 call referenced that the guy had been seen on camera in the house a bunch before.

Again, what is your source that $2500 in tackle
went missing from the English house in October,
and how did you link it to Arbery as a prime suspect? considering no CCTV was installed at the time.

... At one point, before the cameras were installed, $2,500 worth of fishing tackle was stolen, obviously it was probably him.

.. All I’ve seen is an officer's summary. Those are frequently highly condensed and sometimes, just wrong.

You don't even trust the police summary on the
Arbery shooting... but want people to believe
your fantasies based on unrecorded events prior.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Yes. By his actions in moving and looking around for something to steal.

Its only classed as burglary if you can prove
beyond reasonable doubt that he had 'intent'
to commit robbery before entering the structure.
Not true.
Not true, and wrong on multiple levels.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Its only classed as burglary if you can prove
beyond reasonable doubt that he had 'intent'
to commit robbery before entering the structure.
Not true.
Not true, and wrong on multiple levels.

take the issue up with these guys >>>>

[Ref. Lawson and Berry Law firm, Atlanta GA.]

-What Must be Proven to be Convicted-

"To convict you of burglary, the District Attorney must be able to prove
that you had the intent to commit a crime when you broke into
and entered the place. Burglary requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt
that you broke and entered with the intent to commit a felony inside.
The defendant is not guilty of burglary if he decided to commit a crime
once he was already on the property but he will be guilty of theft or another crime."

NO doubt TRH and JoeBobs experience in GA
Criminal law exceeds that of Lawson & Berry.
.. you can take that to the 24hrCampfire bank... LoL.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I don't know much about it...but imo the guy was a thief ,a couple of bubbas tried to detain him. He grabbed the shotgun barrel trying to yank it away and gun went off. That's what it looked like to me, I could be completely wrong.

I don't really give a schit about any of it.

That's about what happened, I don't GAF that he got kilt trying to get away from stealing some sheit. Fuqk Him.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Mr. English certainly told someone in the neighborhood about someone going into the house and having it on camera. Why? Because the person making the original 911 call referenced that the guy had been seen on camera in the house a bunch before.

Again, what is your source that $2500 in tackle
went missing from the English house in October,
and how did you link it to Arbery as a prime suspect? considering no CCTV was installed at the time.

... At one point, before the cameras were installed, $2,500 worth of fishing tackle was stolen, obviously it was probably him.

.. All I’ve seen is an officer's summary. Those are frequently highly condensed and sometimes, just wrong.

You don't even trust the police summary on the
Arbery shooting... but want people to believe
your fantasies based on unrecorded events prior.

He gave interviews where he told of the tackle. Period. End of story.

Yes, officer’s summaries are just that, summaries. As such, the accuracy often depends on the intelligence, literacy, and motivation of the police officer. I have seen many that are slightly misleading to flat out wrong compared to what was actually contained in the entire packet.

Fantasy? The guy making the 911 call mentioned seeing the suspect on camera a bunch of tines. How would he even know to mention it unless contrary to his lawyer’s assertions, he had told somebody about them? Or do you contend that the initial caller was in on this scheme to frame an innocent black jogger?

Last edited by JoeBob; 05/11/20.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Still don't have enough evidence.

Foolish things were done for sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

He gave interviews where he told of the tackle. Period. End of story

Still no source provided ... Why is that?

And still no evidence to support your claim
Arbery was a prime suspect in the alleged
tackle theft.

in the absence of CCTV, did anyone witness him
take the tackle or be on premises at the time?

What do you actually have that's verifiable ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From the National Review:

May 8, 2020. (Dustin Chambers/Reuters)
Glynn County district attorney Jackie Johnson prevented officers from making arrests after the shooting of Ahmaud Arbery in February, two county commissioners told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Friday.

“The police at the scene went to her, saying they were ready to arrest both of them. These were the police at the scene who had done the investigation,” said Commissioner Allen Booker. “She shut them down to protect her friend [Gregory] McMichael.”

Commissioner Peter Murphy concurred, saying that when police turned to Johnson’s office to inform them of intent to arrest McMichael, police “were told not to make the arrest.”
Johnson recused herself from the case shortly following the shooting, and did not respond to the Journal-Constitution‘s request for comment."

LOL, apparently she couldn't see the conflict of interest
of her involvement in the criminal case of a friend and
X employee of 20 yrs service in her Brunswick DA office.

Then she gave it to DA George Barnhill Snr.
who also could not see the conflict of interest
that his attorney son had worked with
Gregory McMichael on an Arbery case.

It wasnt until Arberys parents objected
that he had the sense to recuse himself.

Page 54 of 108 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

179 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 44mc, 10Glocks, 13 invisible), 1,615 guests, and 1,078 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,847
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.