J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by JoeBob

He gave interviews where he told of the tackle. Period. End of story

Still no source provided ... Why is that?

And still no evidence to support your claim
Arbery was a prime suspect in the alleged
tackle theft.

in the absence of CCTV, did anyone witness him
take the tackle or be on premises at the time?

What do you actually have that's verifiable ?

I already linked the source.

I have t claimed he took the tackle. I simply noted that he reported that much tackle missing at one point. Makes sense too, because you can see a boat in there in some of the videos from last year showing Arbery in there.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I havent claimed he took the tackle...

Then what are you suggesting or strongly implying here?

... At one point, before the cameras were installed, $2,500 worth of fishing tackle was stolen, obviously it was probably him.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So GBI viewed all the footage seen here (and more)
and found no evidence of him thieving or/ 'intent' to
thieve in any of it., .. would that be correct?

and consequently arrested the McMichaels cause it
was deemed no felony was committed by Arbery to
justify citizens arrest/self-defence..... correct?

Despite your far more limited video evidence knowledge
than GBI and your displayed distinct lack of understanding
of GA statute[re: burglary] , somehow you know better
than those in charge of the case.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Despite the predictable derailed train wreck this has become, one outcome of this thread for me, was that it prompted me to review the citizen's arrest laws for my home state.

I had done that years ago, but a refresher was worth my time:

In my home state, there are rules and regulations around a citizen's arrest - acceptable use of restraint. The guidelines around being an actual, in person whiteness of an ACTUAL crime in progress.... Plus the use of force to restrain, and the acceptable use of deadly force. It's late and I won't go into the details, but there is a lot to think about when apprehending someone as a civilian.

Not to mention:

Assisting a peace officer after being commanded to do so, and the civil protections afforded if you jump in.

And, the penalties if you refuse, which actually exist in Colorado.

And, all of the guidance about when you will and won't be protected from civil suites, which for most of us, is probably the biggest threat in these situations.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
https://casetext.com/case/howard-v-state-924

Howard v. State, 227 Ga. App. 5, 8 (Ga. Ct. App. 1997) (“(b) "A person commits the offense of burglary when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he enters or remains within the dwelling house of another. . . ." OCGA § 16-7-1 (a). Here, the State proved that Ellison's dwelling was entered without her permission or authority. Brinson v. State, 208 Ga. App. 556, 557 (3), 558 ( 430 S.E.2d 875). The presence of valuables, such as Ellison's television, is sufficient to support an inference of defendant's intent to steal. Miller v. State, 208 Ga. App. 547 (1) ( 430 S.E.2d 873). In the case sub judice, the evidence was sufficient to authorize the jury's verdict that defendant is guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt, of burglary as alleged in the indictment.”)

The cited cases are "sufficiency of the evidence" cases meaning, that the court of appeal, drawing every reasonable inference in favor of the verdict in the trial court (which they are required to do) found the evidence sufficient to support the jury's conclusion the defendant had the requisite intent. In other words, neither the Howard or Miller decisions stand for the proposition that the mere presence of valuables standing alone suffices to prove felonious intent. Rather, they stand for the proposition that a jury having found sufficient evidence to convict and the court of appeal drawing every reasonable inference in favor of the verdict (as they are required to do on appeal) was disinclined to second guess the jury on the issue of intent based (in part at least) on the presence of valuables in the home. The cited cases do not stand for the proposition that the mere presence of valuables in a home one has entered makes you guilty of burglary.

Last edited by Tarquin; 05/11/20.

Tarquin
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to be a black member of this group. Some of you are goddam embarrassment to human kind. This truly pains me. I get a bit defensive when left leaning people make the snarky gun owner=racist comments, but then every day this place reminds me that they have a point. I'd love to see you cowards say the kind of crap that you say in front of black people. You wouldn't do it because you are cowards. The world will be a better place when your are rotting in hell.

GFY. LOL

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Tarquin
I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to be a black member of this group. Some of you are goddam embarrassment to human kind. This truly pains me. I get a bit defensive when left leaning people make the snarky gun owner=racist comments, but then every day this place reminds me that they have a point. I'd love to see you cowards say the kind of crap that you say in front of black people. You wouldn't do it because you are cowards. The world will be a better place when your are rotting in hell.

Very well said. We have one black member here that I am aware of. A really good guy. Retired military commissioned officer. He keeps a low profile because this place is so hostile to blacks. This forum is dominated by racists whose race-based identity politics are identical to those of the hard left. Let me repeat that: guys like Bristoe, Hawkeye (and many others here) share the exact same premise as black identitarians of the hard, hard left. They are every bit as racist as the black racists they (very hypocritically) despise. It is a very poor reflection on Rick Bin that he indulges the racism so prevalent here in the name of the unimitigated pursuit of the almighty dollar. He should be ashamed of himself.

Beat it then.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
One thing that's come out of this is my having second thoughts of looking at new construction without asking. Here in Arkansas it must be a habitable residence to be burglary. The worst they can get you with is trespassing unless you actually stole something, and then it's still not burglary. It's pretty common for people to take a quick look around a new house going up, multiple times as it progresses. Most people don't mind, and some encourage it to drum up more business. I certainly never thought it could have been something that would have led to being gunned down in the middle of the street.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER

GFY. LOL

Arguing like a 3rd grader. Impressive. laugh

Tarquin
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Tarquin
https://casetext.com/case/howard-v-state-924

Howard v. State, 227 Ga. App. 5, 8 (Ga. Ct. App. 1997) (“(b) "A person commits the offense of burglary when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he enters or remains within the dwelling house of another. . . ." OCGA § 16-7-1 (a). Here, the State proved that Ellison's dwelling was entered without her permission or authority. Brinson v. State, 208 Ga. App. 556, 557 (3), 558 ( 430 S.E.2d 875). The presence of valuables, such as Ellison's television, is sufficient to support an inference of defendant's intent to steal. Miller v. State, 208 Ga. App. 547 (1) ( 430 S.E.2d 873). In the case sub judice, the evidence was sufficient to authorize the jury's verdict that defendant is guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt, of burglary as alleged in the indictment.”)

The cited cases are "sufficiency of the evidence" cases meaning, that the court of appeal, drawing every reasonable inference in favor of the verdict in the trial court (which they are required to do) found the evidence sufficient to support the jury's conclusion the defendant had the requisite intent. In other words, neither the Howard or Miller decisions stand for the proposition that the mere presence of valuables standing alone suffices to prove felonious intent. Rather, they stand for the proposition that a jury having found sufficient evidence to convict and the court of appeal drawing every reasonable inference in favor of the verdict (as they are required to do on appeal) was disinclined to second guess the jury on the issue of intent based (in part at least) on the presence of valuables in the home. The cited cases do not stand for the proposition that the mere presence of valuables in a home one has entered makes you guilty of burglary.

Nothing he could have done necessarily makes him guilty of burglary. But he did enough that a jury could have found him guilty of burglary. AND AS I SAID IN MY FIRST POST ON IT, a jury could also have found him guilty of the lesser included of criminal trespass, or nothing at all for that matter.

So, once again, thank you for confirming what I said all along.

Last edited by JoeBob; 05/12/20.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Wonder why English changed his mind concerning the fishing tackle theft?

English, 50, said he was about 90 miles away in Douglas, Ga., where he lives with his wife and two children, when Arbery was killed. He said he is severely ill and is building the waterfront home as part of his bucket list. But he said it’s now unlikely his family will ever move into the Brunswick home because he’s faced death threats and his wife is too afraid.

Link

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Another can of worms is intervening on behalf of someone else, and I don’t mean chasing some guy down the street as happened here.

From what I gather you’re fairly safe from civil lawsuits if you use deadly force in lawful self-defense, might get less clear if you ain’t the one being attacked.

Closest I ever came to that was when I was birdwatching along a walking trail here in a park on the West Side. An attractive Hispanic woman, early twenties walks by in workout gear and she looks scared, shoots me one of those looks like she wanted to ask for help.

Parking lot ain’t far away so I follow at a discrete distance, she gets back to her car and there’s a large, dangerous-looking individual waiting, probable Ex-Con/gang member type, late twenties/early thirties. The gist of the loud conversation that followed was they know each other somehow, she was still really scared and wanted him to leave her alone, she’s in the drivers seat he is standing right there obstructing her from closing it.

Coulda been a boyfriend/pimp/debt collector/all of the above.

I commence to watch birds again at an appropriate distance, far enough away so as not to be involved, close enough to be someone who was “there”, not looking directly at them. Nobody else around just then. Me an older White guy with binocs apparently looking at trees.

After maybe five minutes of this (a loooong time for me right then) he steps back, she drives off, he gets in his own vehicle and leaves also. Huge relief on my part. I do suspect I helped her out just by being present but what I shoulda done is called 911 right off and then hung around like I did.

Otherwise it could have been me and my j-frame “diving into a deep well of schidt”....... shocked

It coulda been a deep well even if I HAD called the Cops, maybe just a bit less deep....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
This guy here does a pretty decent job of being objective. I agree with most of what he says.

What we actually know

Last edited by JoeBob; 05/12/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lvmiker
That is not a rational or appropriate response.

Just when I think you can't get any dumber, you post that.

Originally Posted by lvmiker
I have been threatened w/ deadly force and did not comply w/ the wishes of those that threatened and survived. You make your choices and deal w/ the outcome. If you believe that the killing was justified and unavoidable man up and say so.

mike r
C'mon Mike, why didn't you be a hero like Ahmaud tried to be and take that gun and shove it up their azz?

I understand that you are such a [bleep] you think that men should stay inside rather than investigate criminals having the run of the neighborhood.

Politics is War by Other Means
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
This guy here does a pretty decent job of being objective. I agree with most of what he says.

What we actually know

Hes wrong almost right off the bat with his definition of a dwelling....

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by sse
listen, if a house next door is under construction, empty on a saturday morning, i don't think it's the crime of the century to poke your nose inside just to see how it's going...only done it once or twice in my whole d_mn life, so sue me

I’ll bet if someone stopped you and asked you about it, you wouldn’t haul ass like a scalded dog either.

uh, no...i'm not doing anything egregious...if the contractor or owner showed up they'd probably give me a tour and have a nice chat.

you guys are hanging around the wrong folks, glass always half empty, apparently

Last edited by sse; 05/12/20.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

What we actually know

That guy has it 100% right. Manslaughter (imperfect self-defense) is the maximum possible legitimate conviction, and now that I've seen more evidence, I think that's a fading possibility, being replaced by a high probability of total acquittal.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by deflave
They do not require extraordinary circumstances. And we do not know if they met the criteria of the statute or not. Because none of us are involved in the case.

Please note that Tyrone Biggum cannot fugking read. Respond accordingly.

2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 17 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 4 - ARREST OF PERSONS
ARTICLE 4 - ARREST BY PRIVATE PERSONS
§ 17-4-60 - Grounds for arrest
O.C.G.A. 17-4-60 (2010)
17-4-60. Grounds for arrest

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.
English is my first language and it sure looks like the McMichaels met this legal hurdle. Next?

I don't even see any of that confusing Latin in there that would mess up the likes of a mall cop.

Tyrone Biggums,

Are you from the south?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Tyrone
AS, until convicted in court, anyone who is cited for a legal violation is only suspected of breaking the law.

I know, this kills your dreams of legitimizing internet outrage lynchings, but that's our system. This isn't Venezuela.

If the black guy was just 1 IQ point smarter, he would have made it to court.

It's more than a little obvious you have zero experience in a court room, making arrests, or attempting to learn anything about the 4th Amendment.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 55 of 108 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (Amos63, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 2500HD, 13 invisible), 1,636 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,824
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.