Hop To
Page 71 of 108 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 107 108
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Tell us how civil they are in Afreaka.

Ya hadda go there..,,,,,. 🙄

OK, what would you like to know?

I was scrolling back looking for the video of that Black lawyer guys, the one who failed the bar exam twice, he gave the most lucid take I’ve seen.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I can tell by looking at them and by their actions they are POS's. In which post did I give the jogger a pass.? He may have been a POS too, but that coupled with the crime of walking through an empty house under construction isn't a capital offense.

Your response implies that an execution took place, which it didn't. The two men armed themselves, as is their right, in order to defend themselves in the event that, while making a lawful arrest of a burglar, said burglar should resort to violence against them, which he in fact did. At which point, the right of lethal force in self-defense becomes the legal issue. The question of capital offense is an intentional red herring on your part, designed to cast the two defendants as villains.

Doesn't GA citizens arrest law require knowledge of a felony for a citizen to prevent a person from fleeing?

It required more then that. Basically you have to witness the crime.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I was scrolling back looking for the video of that Black lawyer guys, the one who failed the bar exam twice, he gave the most lucid take I’ve seen.

Oh schiett. Let's please not go there again. grin

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Oh schiett. Let's please not go there again. grin

This whole thread reminds me of the office scene from Joe Vs. the Volcano...

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Anyone who hates everyone of a certain group due to race, color or creed is a phugging retard.

Having said that, anyone who ignores the fact that a certain percentage of the people in those groups may or may not have a propensity to engage in certain activities, whether good or bad, is also a phugging retard. Doesn’t negate the fact that individuals within that group may or may not share the same values, characteristics, etc, commonly attributed to that group.

The problem with us as humans is that we tend to extremes. We tend to go overboard to one end of the spectrum or the other with everything, when usually the best course of action is right down the middle where common sense lives. . .

Yeah, and charging a guy with a shotgun is kinda going overboard in shark infested waters.

It is written, "Look before you leap."

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Dry, it's pretty apparent the jogger was trying to steal the crackers shotgun. smirk

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I can tell by looking at them and by their actions they are POS's. In which post did I give the jogger a pass.? He may have been a POS too, but that coupled with the crime of walking through an empty house under construction isn't a capital offense.

Your response implies that an execution took place, which it didn't. The two men armed themselves, as is their right, in order to defend themselves in the event that, while making a lawful arrest of a burglar, said burglar should resort to violence against them, which he in fact did. At which point, the right of lethal force in self-defense becomes the legal issue. The question of capital offense is an intentional red herring on your part, designed to cast the two defendants as villains.

Doesn't GA citizens arrest law require knowledge of a felony for a citizen to prevent a person from fleeing?

It required more then that. Basically you have to witness the crime.

And that is where I am steering the discussion. During the 911 call the former officer who made the call was repeatedly asked what the suspect was doing wrong. Repeatedly the former officer couldn't articulate criminality. That's going to present some legal problems for them. I don't think the case is a slam dunk for either side. I'll restate what I did in my entry into this thread. I have a hunch the two hicks are going to wish they hadn't done what they did irrespective of the judicial outcome. I think for us as a forum of 2A types, that's the takeaway lesson.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Anyone who hates everyone of a certain group due to race, color or creed is a phugging retard.

Having said that, anyone who ignores the fact that a certain percentage of the people in those groups may or may not have a propensity to engage in certain activities, whether good or bad, is also a phugging retard. Doesn’t negate the fact that individuals within that group may or may not share the same values, characteristics, etc, commonly attributed to that group.

The problem with us as humans is that we tend to extremes. We tend to go overboard to one end of the spectrum or the other with everything, when usually the best course of action is right down the middle where common sense lives. . .

Yeah, and charging a guy with a shotgun is kinda going overboard in shark infested waters.

It is written, "Look before you leap."

At what time mark in the video did this charge take place? What I saw was a truck stop in front of a running man and a man exit the truck with a shotgun. The jogger moved to the other lane to try to avoid the armed man by going around the passenger side. The armed man moved around to the front of the truck. So did the shooter. What time mark did you hear the first shot? What could you see at the time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzPL82QxCks

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 05/13/20.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
This whole situation is the results a "half wit" being shared by three individuale people , the area seems to be saturated with idiots. Every person involved has shown thier own special kind of stupid, dozens of lives ruined, the cost will continue to sky rocket, families destroyed and over bad decisions made by all involved! There is plenty of blame to be shared.

Last edited by jimy; 05/13/20.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Dry, it's pretty apparent the jogger was trying to steal the crackers shotgun. smirk

I didn’t investigate this so I’m just talking out of my ass I know. But based on everything presented so far, it appears to me that the dead dumb schit would still be alive if he was in fact just an innocent jogger out for his daily run.

He would also still be alive if dumbschits one and two, had just used a little restraint and let the cops do what they do as well. So there’s plenty of blame to go around to all three parties involved.

My take on it? Three lives ruined due to stupidity and bad judgement by everyone involved. Glad I won’t be on that jury.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 05/13/20.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The two men armed themselves, as is their right, in order to defend themselves........

Maybe it's just me but I would think it would be difficult to convince a jury you were defending yourself when you were armed and in a truck, pursuing an unarmed guy on foot.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Tyrone
There were 84,717 arrests in Chicago in 2018. What are you saying? That none of them were in Englewood? That they stopped arresting people between 2018 and now? 84,717 arrests doesn't sound "self-policed" to me.
I love the confidence your google searches bring to the table.

LOL

Are you from the south?
I love how you refuse to define what "self-policing" is. Chicago has over 44 cops per 10K population, my nearest town has 10. Which is self-policing?

You are just a chucklehead. There's nothing between your ears but air.

Last edited by Tyrone; 05/13/20.

Politics is War by Other Means
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by jimy
This whole situation is the results a "half wit" being shared by three individuale people , the area seems to be saturated with idiots. Every person involved has shown a special kind of stupid, dozens of lives ruined, the cost will continue to sky rocket, families destroyed and all over bad decisions made by all involved! There is plenty of blame to be shared.

Damn, you beat me to it. I just said virtually the exact same thing...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Well, well, well

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law...od-confrontation/HGz6ZaFXYs3pkJhke22x4J/

Suspects in Arbery shooting had earlier neighborhood confrontation

By Brad Schrade Bert Roughton Jr., The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 @ 9:10 PM

Less than two weeks before the Feb. 23 incident that left Ahmaud Arbery fatally shot in a suburb outside Brunswick, the father and son charged in the case had a confrontation with a young black man who had entered a neighboring house under construction, according to a neighbor who helped in the search.

Diego Perez accompanied Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son Travis McMichael, 34, on the Feb. 11 search and was at the shooting scene immediately after Arbery was shot on Feb. 23. Perez said he recognized Arbery as the man they had confronted earlier.

The McMichaels were arrested by the GBI last week and charged with felony murder and aggravated assault. They have been denied bond.

The Feb. 11 encounter had been prompted by a motion-sensor security camera video in the construction site that had pinged the property owner who was two hours away. The owner, Larry English, texted the video to Perez, who lived near the construction site.

Perez, who has spoken to the GBI, had offered to keep watch, and told English he’d be happy to check on the property any time. English told the AJC that he did not know the McMichaels or provide them with any camera footage. Nothing was taken from his property, he said.

Perez said he was armed when he left his home and walked up Satilla Drive that night. As he walked toward the house under construction, Perez said Travis McMichael drove up from the opposite direction, and stopped his truck.

“Travis saw him in the yard and Travis stopped,” Perez told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Tuesday. “He confronted (the man) halfway into the yard. He said (the man) reached for his waistband, and Travis got spooked and went down the road. “

When McMichael returned, his father, Gregory McMichael, was with him and armed, said Perez, who added the elder McMichael had called the Glynn County Police Department.

» CONTINUING COVERAGE: AHMAUD ARBERY DEATH

Perez said he found no evidence of the young man around the house. When police arrived, Perez described the vehicle to police that he believes the young man entered before it drove away. Perez said they recognized the young man who had been in other security camera videos at the construction site in the months before.

“All we knew about him was that he was the guy who kept showing up on our cameras,” Perez said. “No one knew who it was.”

Perez said he saw the man again on Feb. 23, this time motionless. Arbery lay dead on the pavement.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

TRH,

It's not so much that you are rude, but disappointing. I'm disappointed that a man of your intelligence, has allowed himself to abandon his skepticism in pursuit of half baked conspiracy theories, especially those founded in racial bigotry . You know The Constitution and founding principles better than most, but for you the proposition that all men are created equal seem to only encompass non-Jewish white males.

No one here is denying there's problems within the black community. I've suggested that if it's what some here really want to discuss, lets not conflate the two issues and start a separate thread on that separate subject, because conflating the two, doesn't help.

You are way to serious a person, especially as a concealed carrier to not take seriously the facts as laid out in the video I presented, regardless of the race of the pro-2A attorney presenting them. You watch the Active Self Defense video's. I expect you are aware the aggressors violated about every principle there is pertaining to armed self defense. So yes, I'm disappointed you went straight to "oh of course he black", as opposed to actually addressing the content of his speech.

You share with the left a tendency to impute evil on those with whom you disagree. I don't consider you to be evil because you disagree with me on many subjects. I just assume that it's due to many years of programming, starting in early childhood, that you are unable to overcome or rise above.

Again you disappoint me...

When did you start channeling Ward Cleaver?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
This whole situation is the results a "half wit" being shared by three individuale people , the area seems to be saturated with idiots. Every person involved has shown a special kind of stupid, dozens of lives ruined, the cost will continue to sky rocket, families destroyed and all over bad decisions made by all involved! There is plenty of blame to be shared.

People in general just don't understand how good their lives really are, when I was a young man I thought I could wrestle bears and always win, it took a few years but I found out, my theory had some holes in it, bears aren't real smart but they have better teeth when it comes to wrestling, so I use my superior brains and quit wrestling with bears.

If bears break into my home, I will go to extensive means to make sure, that my home will be the last one that they try to break in to, if I see bears breaking into my neighbors home, I will tell the cops how many picnic baskets they loaded into their car.

I'm a live, and leave me the f~ck alone , sorta guy !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Well, well, well

“All we knew about him was that he was the guy who kept showing up on our cameras,” Perez said. “No one knew who it was.”

Two encounters where a crime was not identified by the shooter. Looks like the bad news just keeps piling up against him on the citizens arrest front.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

People in general just don't understand how good their lives really are, when I was a young man I thought I could wrestle bears and always win, it took a few years but I found out, my theory had some holes in it, bears aren't real smart but they have better teeth when it comes to wrestling, so I use my superior brains and quit wrestling with bears.

If bears break into my home, I will go to extensive means to make sure, that my home will be the last one that they try to break in to, if I see bears breaking into my neighbors home, I will tell the cops how many picnic baskets they loaded into their car.

I'm a live, and leave me the f~ck alone , sorta guy !

No Jimy, according to this group you are a coward for not getting involved in a confrontation with the bear. But if the bear had tracked you down and hovered over you as if poised to kill you, you were supposed to play dead.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Well, well, well

Two encounters where a crime was not identified by the shooter. Looks like the bad news just keeps piling up against him on the citizens arrest front.

Figured that’s what you would take out of that. You’ve been pretty consistently wrong so far, no need to change now.

But for anyone else, you might take out of it that Mr. English and his new lawyer, if not outright lying, certainly left out a lot. For instance, he knew someone was getting in there and didn’t like it. He asked a neighbor for help and sent him the pics. That same neighbor later had a confrontation with the same man along with Travis McMillan. Said, man acted as if he had a gun and escaped in a car. The man in the pics, the man confronted later, and the dead jogger were all the same person.

What can you take from that? English asked for help. The neighbors confronted the man so there can be no chance that he was some innocent guy looking at a construction site. He knew he didn’t belong there and wasn’t welcome. The neighbors all talked about and presumably everyone had seen the pictures.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
As I type this, I’m sitting in my yard on my patio furniture enjoying the morning breeze. Five minutes ago, I shot a rabbit with a pellet gun because it dug a hole in one of my planters behind a very expensive plant. I didn’t want to shoot the critter. We enjoy watching them. Problem is there’s too many in the neighborhood now. They wreak havoc on the landscaping.

I chased this particular one away multiple times . He wouldn’t leave, and kept coming back - as I knew he would. I sprayed him with water, chased him off, threw rocks etc. but most of that was for the benefit of the wife. I knew ultimately how it was gonna end. And in the end it was her who told me to just get the pellet gun. She got fed up with him too.

Again, I’m not saying this guy deserved to die. But if you push a few too many times, don’t be surprised when people push back. There is only so much people are willing to take.

Page 71 of 108 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

431 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 45 invisible), 2,882 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,443
Posts18,528,717
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.