J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
This whole situation is the results a "half wit" being shared by three individuale people , the area seems to be saturated with idiots. Every person involved has shown a special kind of stupid, dozens of lives ruined, the cost will continue to sky rocket, families destroyed and all over bad decisions made by all involved! There is plenty of blame to be shared.

Damn, you beat me to it. I just said virtually the exact same thing...

People in general just don't understand how good their lives really are, when I was a young man I thought I could wrestle bears and always win, it took a few years but I found out, my theory had some holes in it, bears aren't real smart but they have better teeth when it comes to wrestling, so I use my superior brains and quit wrestling with bears.

If bears break into my home, I will go to extensive means to make sure, that my home will be the last one that they try to break in to, if I see bears breaking into my neighbors home, I will tell the cops how many picnic baskets they loaded into their car.

I'm a live, and leave me the f~ck alone , sorta guy !

No Jimy, according to this group you are a coward for not getting involved in a confrontation with the bear. But if the bear had tracked you down and hovered over you as if poised to kill you, you were supposed to play dead.

I have more to lose than most bears, a wife and daughter that love me , a beautiful home and land that I live on and enjoy, a bear only has his hide to lose....

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This whole situation is the results a "half wit" being shared by three individuale people , the area seems to be saturated with idiots. Every person involved has shown a special kind of stupid, dozens of lives ruined, the cost will continue to sky rocket, families destroyed and all over bad decisions made by all involved! There is plenty of blame to be shared.

People in general just don't understand how good their lives really are, when I was a young man I thought I could wrestle bears and always win, it took a few years but I found out, my theory had some holes in it, bears aren't real smart but they have better teeth when it comes to wrestling, so I use my superior brains and quit wrestling with bears.

If bears break into my home, I will go to extensive means to make sure, that my home will be the last one that they try to break in to, if I see bears breaking into my neighbors home, I will tell the cops how many picnic baskets they loaded into their car.

No Jimy, according to this group you are a coward for not getting involved in a confrontation with the bear. But if the bear had tracked you down and hovered over you as if poised to kill you, you were supposed to play dead.

I have more to lose than most bears, a wife and daughter that love me , a beautiful home and land that I live on and enjoy, a bear only has his hide to lose....

Whoa, it's almost like you admitted to me and everyone that you do risk vs gain assessment before you act.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Whoa, it's almost like you admitted to me and everyone that you do risk vs gain assessment before you act.

No its already been done, the reasons that I would shoot a bear are very clear in my mind, it has nothing to do with risk, it has to do with priorities !

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If they get convicted, they’re fuct.

If they don’t don’t convicted, they’re fuct.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The two men armed themselves, as is their right, in order to defend themselves........

Maybe it's just me but I would think it would be difficult to convince a jury you were defending yourself when you were armed and in a truck, pursuing an unarmed guy on foot.

If you carry CCW, as many here do, then you are arming yourself while interacting with unarmed people every day. Why? Isn't it in order to defend yourself should someone bring unlawful violence your way? This is why these two men armed themselves, too. In fact, it was more likely they'd need to arm themselves for self-defense while attempting to make an arrest of a burglar than it is likely that you would need to arm yourself in order to make a run to the store for some milk.

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

They shoulda just had a bigger grill guard then....for self defense you know.....

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
PS Several times in the past 10 years, my next door neighbor has texted me, asking me to check his house and property because his home security system alerted him via his smart phone. I obliged, and I was surely armed each time. Would that fact deny me a claim of self-defense if someone charged me and attempted to grab my gun?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Well, well, well

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law...od-confrontation/HGz6ZaFXYs3pkJhke22x4J/

“All we knew about him was that he was the guy who kept showing up on our cameras,” Perez said. “No one knew who it was.”

Two encounters where a crime was not identified by the shooter. Looks like the bad news just keeps piling up against him on the citizens arrest front.

Figured that’s what you would take out of that. You’ve been pretty consistently wrong so far, no need to change now.

But for anyone else, you might take out of it that Mr. English and his new lawyer, if not outright lying, certainly left out a lot. For instance, he knew someone was getting in there and didn’t like it. He asked a neighbor for help and sent him the pics. That same neighbor later had a confrontation with the same man along with Travis McMillan. Said, man acted as if he had a gun and escaped in a car. The man in the pics, the man confronted later, and the dead jogger were all the same person.

What can you take from that? English asked for help. The neighbors confronted the man so there can be no chance that he was some innocent guy looking at a construction site. He knew he didn’t belong there and wasn’t welcome. The neighbors all talked about and presumably everyone had seen the pictures.

You seem to think it's a legal slam dunk. It is not. The basis for the confrontation was a citizens arrest. GA law requires
that anyone effecting an arrest have knowledge of a crime, and that to prevent escape the crime would have to be a felony. During a phone call to 911 the party attempting to effect a citizens was an ex cop. An ex cop should be familiar enough with criminal offenses to articulate one when he sees it. Yet when asked multiple times what the suspect was doing wrong, the ex cop could not articulate a crime. You don't think that's a complicating factor. I do.

Now we have evidence of a previous encounter between the two. Unless I missed it, there was not a police report made. If there was, it doesn't appear the suspect was arrested for a crime. Tow encounters where no crime was identified. I think that's going to present legal problems with the claim of citizens arrest. You don't.

Are you interested in making a public bet on that?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
The two men armed themselves, as is their right, in order to defend themselves........

Maybe it's just me but I would think it would be difficult to convince a jury you were defending yourself when you were armed and in a truck, pursuing an unarmed guy on foot.

If you carry CCW, as many here do, then you are arming yourself while interacting with unarmed people every day. Why? Isn't it in order to defend yourself should someone bring unlawful violence your way? This is why these two men armed themselves, too. In fact, it was more likely they'd need to arm themselves for self-defense while attempting to make an arrest of a burglar than it is likely that you would need to arm yourself in order to make a run to the store for some milk.

If he was a thought to be a burglar, why couldn't the ex cop think to tell the 911 operator that when he was asked what the suspect did wrong?

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 05/13/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PS Several times in the past 10 years, my next door neighbor has texted me, asking me to check his house and property because his home security system alerted him via his smart phone. I obliged, and I was surely armed each time. Would that fact deny me a claim of self-defense if someone charged me and attempted to grab my gun?

Are you still at the residence, or did you see someone flee the residence then chase them down and block them while holding a firearm? PS, the last time I read FL law they were different from GAs in a very substantial way as it relates to this case.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Unless my neighbor called me from his home, and ask for my help while "actively" protecting himself and his family from harm, he can call the police, if he wants someone to risk their life for his stuff, that's what they get paid for , because if he has no actual skin in the game, then neither am I .

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I was scrolling back looking for the video of that Black lawyer guys, the one who failed the bar exam twice, he gave the most lucid take I’ve seen.

It was three times...

That admitted to. laugh

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Not Tyrone, but the south is where Mt and other places in Yankee land get their motion lotion and heating oil from. Of course, we get plenty of BS and DNC politicians from voters up north.

Do you go in and out of consciousness while you read?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Your comparison is not very comparable to the situation at hand. But I am curious. If you had it to do and you could dispose of this case, what would you do? Bearing in mind that this happened on a public street? Personally I do believe chances are good that the "jogger" was not jogging and very well may have been casing the neighborhood. At least he was using bad judgement going onto private property in a redneck neighborhood but what right did non law enforcement neighborhood watch have in arresting his freedom of travel? The two white men especially the shooter are in serious legal jeopardy. They initiated a close quarters confrontation with a man on a public road. The "jogger" was clearly trying to disarm an attacker and I imagine it is going to be hard for the shooter to skate after initiating the contact.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I love how you refuse to define what "self-policing" is. Chicago has over 44 cops per 10K population, my nearest town has 10. Which is self-policing?

You are just a chucklehead. There's nothing between your ears but air.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

jimy,

The clowns that are debating your point of view in this thread live their lives the exact same way.

They just like to pretend otherwise.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Depends.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Does he wear his plate carrier when he checks?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Ever show that neighbor some of the stuff you post on here?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
When it all comes out, I'd be surprised if they even get convicted of manslaughter. Jigger had been seen to many times in places he didn't belong, guarantee he was there to steal schit. The two dudes that chased him down are fuqked, but I doubt they'll do any time on it. I'm betting they are out on bail before long.

Page 72 of 108 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,757
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.