Print Thread
Hop To
Page 74 of 108 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 107 108
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Repeatedly ignored: Initial aggressor,Reasonable Man Doctrine.

It appears that reasonable man thing has stumped our collection of legal expert/neighborhood watch commandos.

It is possible for a reasonable person to have racial and other biases and to understand racially based statistics w/out letting fear and hate ruin their lives. I carry a gun at all times for the purpose of allowing me to live a good life w/o fearing for myself and others for whom I care. I have used deadly force and would do so again but it will be in defense of life only.

Trying to manipulate or interpret the action of others ignores the fact this incident would not have occurred if all participants were Reasonable Men.

typed from the kitchen while sheltering with the women.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This whole situation is a good argument against living in town. I like it when the people I call neighbors don't live in easy walking distance.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahaha!

They shoulda just had a bigger grill guard then....for self defense you know.....

Don't laugh Jim, you never know when a pedestrian may charge your truck. You need to be prepared to defend yourself.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by jaguartx
If you say lay down or hands up, citizens arrest, ima lay down.

Is that the same advice you would give your daughter in a similar situation?

"Just lay still Honey! Maybe they will not kill you when they are done. And maybe they don't have AIDS. And maybe they won't leave you pregnant and begging for an abortion."

And if not, why not?

Oh, you claim this is a different situation? How so, pray tell?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
147 pages on my phone. Anybody win yet?

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Col Travis, if I think you're a crook and point a shotgun at you and say "Stop", are you stupid enough to try and come take my gun?

That is not nearly as stupid as kneeling in the dirt like a Warsaw Jew. At least a man can go down fighting. You might as well assume you are dead either way.

Fuggin French rifle droppers!

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

They started a drinking game a few pages back.

Anytime Tarquin, Antelope Sniper, Birdy, and the rest type "racist", you have to take a shot.

Most of the posters were smashed a few pages in.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Col Travis, if I think you're a crook and point a shotgun at you and say "Stop", are you stupid enough to try and come take my gun?

That is not nearly as stupid as kneeling in the dirt like a Warsaw Jew. At least a man can go down fighting. You might as well assume you are dead either way.

Fuggin French rifle droppers!

So, you're saying if jogger had put his hands up and got on the ground, cracker dad would have then been able to shoot him and would have.

Do you know the cracker dad was a nazi? Do you know the cracker dad was incapable of hitting jogger while he was jogging?

Lot of stretch going on there.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by add

Anytime Tarquin, Antelope Sniper, Birdy, and the rest type "racist", you have to take a shot.

Hahaha, tff.

Cracker dad couldnt hit chitt with his repeating shotgun so he was gonna make jogger lay down so the camera man could get a good video of him walking up safely to said jogger to blow his head off.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/13/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The two men armed themselves, as is their right, in order to defend themselves........

Maybe it's just me but I would think it would be difficult to convince a jury you were defending yourself when you were armed and in a truck, pursuing an unarmed guy on foot.

The whole thing is an episode of Squidbillies gone wrong.
LOL!!!

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
What idiot keeps coming back to the same spot after the jig is up?

Almost like taunting, on Arbery’s part.

There goes the no-trespassing argument. Not even a sign in the front yard.

So much for English changing his story......Perez would put him in legal jeopardy.

Originally Posted by JoeBob
Well, well, well

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law...od-confrontation/HGz6ZaFXYs3pkJhke22x4J/

Suspects in Arbery shooting had earlier neighborhood confrontation

By Brad Schrade Bert Roughton Jr., The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 @ 9:10 PM

Less than two weeks before the Feb. 23 incident that left Ahmaud Arbery fatally shot in a suburb outside Brunswick, the father and son charged in the case had a confrontation with a young black man who had entered a neighboring house under construction, according to a neighbor who helped in the search.

Diego Perez accompanied Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son Travis McMichael, 34, on the Feb. 11 search and was at the shooting scene immediately after Arbery was shot on Feb. 23. Perez said he recognized Arbery as the man they had confronted earlier.

The McMichaels were arrested by the GBI last week and charged with felony murder and aggravated assault. They have been denied bond.

The Feb. 11 encounter had been prompted by a motion-sensor security camera video in the construction site that had pinged the property owner who was two hours away. The owner, Larry English, texted the video to Perez, who lived near the construction site.

Perez, who has spoken to the GBI, had offered to keep watch, and told English he’d be happy to check on the property any time. English told the AJC that he did not know the McMichaels or provide them with any camera footage. Nothing was taken from his property, he said.

Perez said he was armed when he left his home and walked up Satilla Drive that night. As he walked toward the house under construction, Perez said Travis McMichael drove up from the opposite direction, and stopped his truck.

“Travis saw him in the yard and Travis stopped,” Perez told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Tuesday. “He confronted (the man) halfway into the yard. He said (the man) reached for his waistband, and Travis got spooked and went down the road. “

When McMichael returned, his father, Gregory McMichael, was with him and armed, said Perez, who added the elder McMichael had called the Glynn County Police Department.

» CONTINUING COVERAGE: AHMAUD ARBERY DEATH

Perez said he found no evidence of the young man around the house. When police arrived, Perez described the vehicle to police that he believes the young man entered before it drove away. Perez said they recognized the young man who had been in other security camera videos at the construction site in the months before.

“All we knew about him was that he was the guy who kept showing up on our cameras,” Perez said. “No one knew who it was.”

Perez said he saw the man again on Feb. 23, this time motionless. Arbery lay dead on the pavement.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

There goes the no-trespassing argument...

Elaborate your point in the context of GA Trespass statute.

You've made a fool of yourself all through this thread,
No reason to stop now.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I can tell by looking at them and by their actions they are POS's. In which post did I give the jogger a pass.? He may have been a POS too, but that coupled with the crime of walking through an empty house under construction isn't a capital offense.

Your response implies that an execution took place, which it didn't. The two men armed themselves, as is their right, in order to defend themselves in the event that, while making a lawful arrest of a burglar, said burglar should resort to violence against them, which he in fact did. At which point, the right of lethal force in self-defense becomes the legal issue. The question of capital offense is an intentional red herring on your part, designed to cast the two defendants as villains.

And how interesting it would be to see your analysis of this situation were Bubba and Bubba Jr in the pickup truck black and their victim had been white?

Black crime in this nation is of no relevance in this one crime.

Even the victims prior history of crime or lack of has no relevance.

What is relevant, is what was said and done on the city street in the five or ten minutes before this murder occurred.

Have we heard of no witnesses besides the accomplice with the handgun and the video recording? Did no-one hear words exchanged, or witness a pickup wildly racing through the streets with a crazed madman standing in the back with a pistol in his hand? Are such events so commonplace on these streets that no-one takes note?

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Save

Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

There goes the no-trespassing argument...

Elaborate your point in the context of GA Trespass statute.

You've made a fool of yourself all through this thread,
No reason to stop now.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by add

Dang, that's too bad. Just when 'flave was trying to beat that drinking problem of his.

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Perez was armed.....checking on the English property, at the request of the landowner?

Now English lawyer says client didn’t care who was in there?

Perez ID’s thug and deceased as same person?

Potential thug ‘feigns’ (or not) having a firearm, on the English property?

Can you spell acquittal?

Perez said he was armed when he left his home and walked up Satilla Drive that night. As he walked toward the house under construction, Perez said Travis McMichael drove up from the opposite direction, and stopped his truck.

“Travis saw him in the yard and Travis stopped,” Perez told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Tuesday. “He confronted (the man) halfway into the yard. He said (the man) reached for his waistband, and Travis got spooked and went down the road. “

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahaha!

They shoulda just had a bigger grill guard then....for self defense you know.....

Don't laugh Jim, you never know when a pedestrian may charge your truck. You need to be prepared to defend yourself.

The pedestrians in Jim's neighborhood weigh 1100 pounds.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Have we heard of no witnesses besides the accomplice with the handgun and the video recording? Did no-one hear words exchanged, or witness a pickup wildly racing through the streets with a crazed madman standing in the back with a pistol in his hand? Are such events so commonplace on these streets that no-one takes note?

Vehicles race up and down streets occasionally for all sorts of reason, and the guy had to have been crouched or near sitting in the back when the truck was in motion. If you weren’t looking during the few seconds it took the truck to get by your house you’d miss it.

Gunshots? You’d be surprised how often you hear gunshots in places where people have backyards.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by add

Dang, that's too bad. Just when 'flave was trying to beat that drinking problem of his.

[Linked Image from media2.giphy.com]

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by Starman

Have you two actually read the GA statute for Trespass?

Question wasn't directed at me, but I did spend about 20 min looking over it this AM out of curiosity.

I'm not going to jump into the fray debating details that a jury will have to sort out, but it is not abundantly obvious to me the jogger was even trespassing. The closest language making his "visit" trespassing is this:

(b) A person commits the offense of criminal trespass when he or she knowingly and without authority:

(1) Enters upon the land or premises of another person or into any part of any vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person for an unlawful purpose;

He took nothing, just had a look. His lawyer could easily enough claim he was curious what kind of plywood they were using. Was there an unlawful purpose that be PROVED?

All of the other language in the GA trespass statute talk about having been warned to stay off the property, asked to leave, causing damage, etc.

None of which happened, from what I understand.

But I digress...

Its been said that they did indeed have at least one previous run in with the jogger.

The people who have 0 interest in said property?!? LMAO....

How can they trespass anyone, its not theirs.... and now the owner is saying he never said any of that.... if you dont have an interest in something, how can you declare a previous trespass on a property to now say you’ve had other run in’s.... your just admitting to a history of harassing the guy your on trial for killing LMAO...

Page 74 of 108 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,467
Posts18,529,267
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.