Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 77 of 108 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 107 108
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/05/13/video-shows-person-at-construction-site-12-days-before-ahmaud-arberys-death/%3foutputType=amp

Well Mike.... Mr English says Arbery doesnt look like the other people on camera, and the news is leaving the image blurred until the person is identified as it could be a youth.

He also says Perez told him that Travis had previously chased a trespasser in the past... not Perez who he had, had discussions with him about.

And at the end, as it was cutting out.... he says he had previously met Arbery....

So this “on going thing”??? That defense is fugged...sounds like the property own is clarifying there is no on going thing with Arbery. Sounds like he’s also openly saying he didnt necessarily give Travis direct permission to by an agent of the property.

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
We’ve yet to flatten the curve....

More to come soon.

Where is mike r?

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

^ This thread...

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Dryfly- It gives folks a chance to vent and do some name calling.

Why deprive them of that?

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Dryfly- It gives folks a chance to vent and do some name calling.

Why deprive them of that?

Good point. Carry on...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Media Goodwhite narrative in mid-collapse.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
NBN and it caught up with him. Crackers will pay the price, though.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
How can you say that? All the video footage of Arbery does not prove any trespassing or wrong-doing......it actually shows how harmless and innocent he was.

Mr. English told him he could use the house shell as a second home.

Originally Posted by jfruser
Media Goodwhite narrative in mid-collapse.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
At least you have finally came to terms. You know, its on video and all.... literally, almost the entire thing. He has nothing on him, nothing of Travis’s... nothing.

Travis had no legal basis to be involved. Travis therefore was attempting to illegally detain him, with a loaded firearm which is a felony in itself. That means Arbery then had more than a reason to defend himself, and could have actually legally shot Travis in self defense..... Travis murdered Arbery.
I think everything you said here is right except the last three words. It seems a wrongful homicide but not murder. I will be glad to make a friendly $100 wager that the shooter will be convicted of a wrongful killing. Possibly murder but it doesn't seem to fit the legal definition of murder though. At least not in my state.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by mirage243
If the little jogger hadn't been seen multiple times where he didn't belong, he'd still be breathing. Case closed, end of story. Nobody just went and killed an innocent "jogger".

And the winner is.....................idiots

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Felony Murder" = when a death occurs during the commission of an
"inherently dangerous felony.". It doesn't matter that they didn't intend
to shoot the victim . The mere fact that you were committing a felony
and killed someone can make you guilty of felony murder.

Georgia law does not take into consideration whether the death was
intentional or accidental. There does not need to be intent to kill or
even an expectation that someone will die once the felony is commenced.
The defendant will be liable for the death either way.

Even an accomplice who didn't do the shooting
can be charged with the same Felony Murder.
Hence why Mic Snr. was slapped with same charge.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman
"Felony Murder" = when a death occurs during the commission of an
"inherently dangerous felony.". It doesn't matter that they didn't intend
to shoot the victim . The mere fact that you were committing a felony
and killed someone can make you guilty of felony murder.
It could happen but you have to get 12 people to agree it was murder. That is a pretty high hill to climb. I see a jury compromising on some other wrongful death charge.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You may be viewing it through the laws of
your state.

GA prosecution could argue that the way McMichaels
organized and coordinated the shooting by trying to
stop Arbery in the middle of the road could classify
as implied MALICE, which in Georgia law does not
require the same stringent level of premeditation
required in some other states.

And the third person Bryan, could also be implicated
and charged since Greg McMichael gave statement
saying Bryan was involved in the persuit/had himself
attempted to cut Arbery off, plus it seems Bryan can
be heard chambering a round when filming.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Hell, I can not even imagine the tax burden on a $300,000 home. How about HOA fees to keep up the water supply, streets, community parks and play areas? What's that take? $250K/annum gross to cover local, state, federal taxes, mortgage, insurance, and pay for the pickup used in the assault and murder?

Last time I checked the County thinks my house is worth close to half of that, and I’m living on what’s left of a Texas teacher’s salary after property tax, income tax and employer health insurance and the 40% of my take home I’m currently throwing at post-divorce debt.

I do agree that trucks are expensive 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Hell, I can not even imagine the tax burden on a $300,000 home. How about HOA fees to keep up the water supply, streets, community parks and play areas? What's that take? $250K/annum gross to cover local, state, federal taxes, mortgage, insurance, and pay for the pickup used in the assault and murder?

Last time I checked the County thinks my house is worth close to half of that, and I’m living on what’s left of a Texas teacher’s salary after property tax, income tax and employer health insurance and the 40% of my take home I’m currently throwing at post-divorce debt.

I do agree that trucks are expensive 🙂

And not once have you thought to yourself to get a better paying job? Or move up in the administration? Don’t give me I love teaching kids bull chit.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/05/13/video-shows-person-at-construction-site-12-days-before-ahmaud-arberys-death/%3foutputType=amp

Well Mike.... Mr English says Arbery doesnt look like the other people on camera, and the news is leaving the image blurred until the person is identified as it could be a youth.

He also says Perez told him that Travis had previously chased a trespasser in the past... not Perez who he had, had discussions with him about.

And at the end, as it was cutting out.... he says he had previously met Arbery....

So this “on going thing”??? That defense is fugged...sounds like the property own is clarifying there is no on going thing with Arbery. Sounds like he’s also openly saying he didnt necessarily give Travis direct permission to by an agent of the property.

Yeah, no reason to even have a trial. Whoops, dont tell tha lowyers I said that.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
And not once have you thought to yourself to get a better paying job? Or move up in the administration? Don’t give me I love teaching kids bull chit.

More money for what exactly?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The saturation coverage of the event has had its intended purpose.

https://www.takimag.com/article/racial-revenge/

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Wow, that was an intellectual argument winner right there.

Can’t hold a candle to you gents, that’s for sure.

Better yet.....did Arbery steal from McMichaels period......and where is the handgun that WAS stolen?

Better yet... what did Arbery steal from the McMichaels on that day?

LMAO.... he wasnt on McMichaels property... he was dead in the road, no recovered property. That pretty much proves he didnt steal anything that day.

Quit being an idiot here man.

At least you have finally came to terms. You know, its on video and all.... literally, almost the entire thing. He has nothing on him, nothing of Travis’s... nothing.

Travis had no legal basis to be involved. Travis therefore was attempting to illegally detain him, with a loaded firearm which is a felony in itself. That means Arbery then had more than a reason to defend himself, and could have actually legally shot Travis in self defense..... Travis murdered Arbery.

And that's why Travis is charges with Felony Murder.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I still want to know how a retired cop in bumphuck Georgia can afford a three hundred thousand dollar house? An honest cop that is? Especially a cop with the level of intelligence displayed on the fateful day in question.

I suspect we may be arning much more about the life and times of Officer McBubba over the coming months. Depending on the strength of that "Thin Blue Line". Who knows? Perhaps his wife is an heiress?

Not out of the question presuming his wife was/had been gainfully employed, note too his 30yo son was living at home, likely pitching in on the mortgage.

If they had been living in the area for generations, the sale of a prior residence and/or property could have helped finance the home purchase.

Doesn’t matter now, a few minutes of poor choices and bad judgement and they’ve lost everything.

The report which listed the value of McBubba Sr's home listed the address and also a separate address for McBubba Jr. But obviously Jr is spending much time at Sr's house as he was there for the day of the murder and he was there for the arrest.

Around here a 300K home is considered poverty.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 77 of 108 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 71 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,776
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.