-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I've had both a TW and TTR250. The TTR was a much more capable off-roader but not great on the highway with the knobby tires. Based on what your riding needs are I think the TW fits the bill. They are rock solid and easy to ride. I could get mine to hit 60 top speed and it was buzzing with vibration. Not fun for long highway runs. What a blast on dirt roads though. Add a rear rack and you're ready to go. I found mine used with around 2k miles for $2300.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JeffA
I didn't get the RV I wanted.
I got a 28ft Class C.
V8 Chevy Vortec powered on a Work-Horse one ton chassis.

I got sucked in by the 19K miles.

Everything on it checks out, drives like new, like new inside, outside is a little dirty from sitting but that is due to change.

It's far more of a boat than what I planed on but figure if it don't suit me I can sell it and get my money back or even turn a buck with it being I got into it right...

Sounds fun.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
https://www.webbikeworld.com/2020-suzuki-dr200s-model-overview/

Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Closed the deal on this 5 minutes ago...It's for the back of my RV....

https://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/d/orlando-2017-suzuki-dr200s-dual-sport/7121571261.html

Sweet lookin ride, congrats. I think I would have a 21 inch front rim laced up to it and beefier rear tire.
Looks like your are in for a lot of fun.

Yeah i'm sure that would improve the steering and overall handling of the bike . Those stupid japs in white coats have no idea how to build a well engineered motorcycle . Cut the muffler off too - it'll get much better fuel economy and double the horsepower and torque plus sound SO badass - seen it a hunnerd times .

But, but, but, what if I don't wanit to sound badazzed? I might want to putter up on a spring bear with it....

The larger rim on the front end could interest me if there is real benefit to it.

I just wanted a light weight bike and found I wasn't able to buy a new one due to what I suppose is common sales tactics with bike dealers that I found to be a bit scamish.

How can a dealer advertise a new bike for sale at $3900.00 and then expect a customer to be cool with a out the door price of $5200.00? It happened again and again so I just went for sorta new used.....

But again, about that 21 inch rim, improved steering, handling? Really?

I assumed the bike had a smaller front tire like a TW [18''] and thdrbstr was saying a 21'' would be better . I'd never put a 21'' wheel/tire on a bike designed for 18'' wheel/tire . The added radius would cause many problems -tire hitting fender , steering geometry out of wack , Fork rake possibly weird .
Bigger wheel/tire would give slower steering on a bike designed for 18'' tire .
Adjust the bike to your weight , set static sag .
Put a zip tie around the shock rod and front fork legs so that it will be moved to show how much the suspension moved . Hit the biggest bumps/jumps you're going to hit with your type riding adjust until you're using all of the suspension travel . This will give you the smoothest ride and best handling .

Rider tip that i tell novice to expert riders ; if/when a mishap happens - PULL THE CLUTCH IN - . When things aren't going as planned and you're trying to not lose control of the bike - a rider will accidentally open the throttle when you're getting bounced around . When you're on the verge of going down the last thing you need is the bike getting twisted to full throttle - PULL THE CLUTCH IN - then it doesn't matter if the engine gets revved to 15,000RPM .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The Suzuki DR200S comes with a 21" front and 18" rear tire.

70/100-21 M/C 44P, tube type
100/90-18 M/C 56P, tube type

That's a nice bike right in there with the TW200.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A retro 185 was plenty for me.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
What I need is a time machine to go back and find some of these older motorcycles when they were new, then hide them in someone's barn for 40 years. wink

Found this on the local Craigslist. 1982 CT110 "excellent condition, new tires" is all that's in the description. This is really more in line with what I was looking for when I saw that Honda was coming out with pretty much this same thing in a 125 Hunter Cub, but those are likely to have an MSRP of $4000+. These have held their value well but the guy wants $2700 which seems a bit steep for a 38 year old machine. It would also need a heat guard for the first portion of the exhaust pipe.

[Linked Image from images.craigslist.org]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just saw a new 2018 V-strom 650 for $6500! Damnit.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is sure a clean one Jim. They are still sold in Australia and called "Posties" I guess because the mail guys use them. I only paid a grand for mine and have standing offers when I ever want to sell it. Back in the late 70's Honda made an orange 125 with a big rack like that, but they only made it a year or two. Too long ago to remember if it had the two speed transmission or the automatic clutch. I just remember the orange color and the big rack. I've never seen the need for the handle bars to be able to be turned 90 degrees on those 110's, but that is there if you need it maybe to fit closer to the back of the vehicle on a bumper carrier. Street legal means that I don't need to worry about being nabbed on the forest roads like I could have should have been with my Yamaha, Bultaco, Husqvarna or CR Honda.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Windfall
I just remember the orange color and the big rack

[Linked Image from img-hw.xnxx-cdn.com]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by aalf

I might be interested. OEM or after market? Mileage? wink

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Aalf, I question if that model was made in Japan.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
LOL

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I did a quick check of NADA and Kelly blue book and his price is a good $1000 high for NADA and that's for truly "Excellent" condition. Just looking at the headlight discoloration and lack of heat guard they would rate it "Very Good", definitely not excellent. VG shape they would call it more like $1300. Kelly BB shows a "typical list price" of $2300 but they don't say anything about condition.

That big blue land yacht in the picture tells me the seller might be an old fart like me. Might have to call the guy up and see what the story is.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DMc

I had one of those. Friend broke thru the ice and sank it to the bottom of a pond, couldn't get it started, sat in a barn for a couple of years and he gave it to me. I had it running before the weekend was out.

That XL line from Honda was very popular. I keep an eye out for one in the sub $1000 range but they are pretty rare nowadays

Last edited by KFWA; 05/18/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Found it. 1977 Honda CT125 Trail. Orange and a big rack.

My other auto is a .45

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by aalf

Wouldn't give over $300, but, that's just me....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by DMc

I had one of those. Friend broke thru the ice and sank it to the bottom of a pond, couldn't get it started, sat in a barn for a couple of years and he gave it to me. I had it running before the weekend was out.

That XL line from Honda was very popular. I keep an eye out for one in the sub $1000 range but they are pretty rare nowadays

Yep. Those were cool little bikes!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
What I need is a time machine to go back and find some of these older motorcycles when they were new, then hide them in someone's barn for 40 years. wink

Found this on the local Craigslist. 1982 CT110 "excellent condition, new tires" is all that's in the description. This is really more in line with what I was looking for when I saw that Honda was coming out with pretty much this same thing in a 125 Hunter Cub, but those are likely to have an MSRP of $4000+. These have held their value well but the guy wants $2700 which seems a bit steep for a 38 year old machine. It would also need a heat guard for the first portion of the exhaust pipe.

278 original miles (supposedly) and still has the auxiliary black gas tank that hangs off the left side of the cargo rack. He even has a bumper hitch carrier he'd be willing to deal on so all I'd need to do is get the receiver portion welded to my car. Seller is an 80 year old man, is the second owner and "works" on these things, whatever that means, but he seems like a good fellow on the phone. He has a couple of the original Trail 90's as well, that's what the one in the background is.

I think this might be it. He's in Arizona today but will be back in Boise Thursday, so I'm going to call him after dinner then and arrange a time to look at it.

Fwiw, the car in the picture is a 1985 Ford Crown Victoria with a 5.0 L (302) engine, also for sale if anyone wants one. wink

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

The CT-110's have become legendary and deservedly so.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, I've watched a lot of youtube videos on them and they are indeed legendary for being bullet proof, and they are just my "speed", pun intended. Have to admit I'm gettin' kind of horned up over this one, hope I won't seem too eager when/if it comes time to talk turkey.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

223 members (2500HD, 22kHornet, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 22 invisible), 1,615 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,448
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.