Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by DeadHead
Smoky Mountain NP is worth a look for a trip with the wife. Lots of stuff to do both in the mountains and in town. Good restaurants and lots of options

If you love crowds, traffic that does not move, and Big Johnson t-shirts, Gatlinburg is AWESOME!

If you prefer toothless meth heads, head on up to Maggie Valley.

Last edited by gregintenn; 05/19/20.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Smoky Mountain NP is worth a look for a trip with the wife. Lots of stuff to do both in the mountains and in town. Good restaurants and lots of options

If you love crowds, traffic that does not move, and Big Johnson t-shirts, Gatlinburg is AWESOME!

I love......having a rental house there! wink

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Check out Helen GA. Neat little alpine inspired town. Shops, cabins for rent. Little river flowing though that you can float if you choose. Been almost 20 years since I have been there but I keep wanting to make another trip one day.

My wife and her long time friends from dental college go there. Must be a wiener bar there or something. Whatever, long as they bring me back some pecan brittle from that Hansel & Grettle candy shop down in ‘nar

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by slumlord
Check out Helen GA. Neat little alpine inspired town. Shops, cabins for rent. Little river flowing though that you can float if you choose. Been almost 20 years since I have been there but I keep wanting to make another trip one day.

My wife and her long time friends from dental college go there. Must be a wiener bar there or something. Whatever, long as they bring me back some pecan brittle from that Hansel & Grettle candy shop down in ‘nar

Wont you and Renegade put them up somewhere in Clarksville or Hoptown?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Uhhh, you left out go cart, go carts, and more go carts and Goats-on-the-Roof alpine coaster and fat asses taking their sweet time on crosswalks.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Fly into Charleston, SC. Spend a few days there, head down the coast to Beaufort, SC and Hilton Head, finish the trip in Savannah, GA.

That'd be my vote!

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by slumlord

Wont you and Renegade put them up somewhere in Clarksville or Hoptown?

Penicillin Village? Pappy’s is closed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
we've been going to the Smokey mountains for years.

I usually now stay away in the fall just due to the crowds but I've been there to see fall colors many times.

We do the usual tourist haunts- Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, but we've expanded out to Townsend and Cosby, we also venture out into the country a bit toward Sweetwater and Tellico Plains which is at the start/end of the Cherohala Skyway. Tellico Grains bakery has the best pizza in the area, with fresh cheese from the Sweetwater Dairy. Driving to Cherokee in the park is nice if you don't mind a slower pace and being stuck behind a 30ft RV.

We find a cabin to rent, usually off 321 near the Zion Grove area. Our favorite places to eat is Crocketts for breakfast and Taste of Italy for Lunch, but there are so many to choose you could find a different spot for each day of the year

We've rented a cabin in late July for this year. I'm hoping to go hiking and white water rafting

Last edited by KFWA; 05/19/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by duck911
Fly into Charleston, SC. Spend a few days there, head down the coast to Beaufort, SC and Hilton Head, finish the trip in Savannah, GA.

That'd be my vote!

Just don’t bother stopping at original Paula deen’s. What a dump.

My elementary school served better chow.

And I went to elementary school in Savannah. 😃

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Lots of people love the Smoky Mountains. I do not.

I would suggest Savannah, Georgia or Charleston, South Carolina.

Brunswick might be nice that time of year.

No offense but I don’t think Brunswick is ever nice. And the coast that time of year is muggy and doesn’t feel like fall in my experience

That time of year I’d be thinking mountains of Georgia, NC, SC or Tennessee. Fly into Atlanta or charlotte and make the 2 hour +/- drive. Tons of places to stay. Entirely dependent on what you want to do, your taste and your budget.

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
My suggestion would be Hendersonville, N.C. or Bryson City, N.C. Lots to do from both locations, IMHO.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
My suggestion would be Hendersonville, N.C. or Bryson City, N.C. Lots to do from both locations, IMHO.

Hendersonville is close to Asheville without the congestion or prices of Asheville. It also has a great German restaurant.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
You may need to take some hash browns with you, I'm told the silly buggers eat some kind of gritty mushlike substance in the mornings, which most people find repulsive. So I've heard.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chattanooga makes an incredible home base. It has won Outside Magazine's best outdoor town in the past. There's tons of stuff to do in town and around town.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Check into the Grove Park Inn and bang her brains out. Drive down to the Biltmore estate and do a tour of it and some wine tasting / drank in’.....pretty cool.

Hardin284
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Great stuff, fellas, thanks!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

That'd be my vote!

Some variation of this. Asheville area of NC is another good recommendation.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Fall colors?

It's mid May.

Planning on late October.

Helps to read the OP............................. laugh

No chit, musta hit the shine. LMAO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I worked in a blue Ridge, Dahlonega and Helen....they are all so touristy now it’s just not fun anymore.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

That'd be my vote!

Got plenty of family that lives in Charleston....including one first cousin whose home has made the cover of Southern Living twice. While Savannah is a nice city, Charleston has em beat in every category. Food, entertainment, etc. Charleston just oozes history....

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 1eyedmule, 63 invisible), 2,693 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,203
Posts18,503,734
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.