Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by kingston
If Leupold’s listening, I’d take it as a gesture of good will, if you’d fire whoever’s responsible for designing your website.

And their erector system for ALL scopes 😎

Fixed. grin

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ofelas
Jordan, you obviously never tried an advanced shooter SFP Leupold, as your skill level is pretty basic.

You need to emulate the shooter in the below pic; don't forget to attach a GreyBS pic rail decal mount on that unused RH fore-end advertising rail space.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Came across another Leup that has some internal zero shift induced by recoil. Fired several 5-shot groups at 100 meters from a very accurate .308 with a Mk4 8.5-25x50 on top, followed by a Hensoldt 3-12x. Most guys would never know the Leup has an issue and would think that the rifle/ammo is simply capable of ~1 MOA precision. The fired groups were revealing. Here are a couple of sample groups that are representative:

Why, is that Burns in the pic?

NM, the skin tone is all wrong.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Came across another Leup that has some internal zero shift induced by recoil. Fired several 5-shot groups at 100 meters from a very accurate .308 with a Mk4 8.5-25x50 on top, followed by a Hensoldt 3-12x. Most guys would never know the Leup has an issue and would think that the rifle/ammo is simply capable of ~1 MOA precision. The fired groups were revealing. Here are a couple of sample groups that are representative:

Leup:
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Hensoldt:
The Leupold group would be plenty good enough to fill every deer tag I'm ever going to get. Don't even need that good really. I have no interest in shooting "steel" or any other target from a distance at which I'll never shoot game. It serves no purpose for me and targets, steel or otherwise, don't make good stew.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Leup:

Hensoldt:
The Leupold group would be plenty good enough to fill every deer tag I'm ever going to get. Don't even need that good really. I have no interest in shooting "steel" or any other target from a distance at which I'll never shoot game. It serves no purpose for me and targets, steel or otherwise, don't make good stew.

Both of those 3 shot groups look like chidt and are they supposed to not be centered/zeroed on the x?? If you are shooting any kind of longrange (even 400+ yards), you would be off far enough to be out of the vitals.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Leup:

Hensoldt:

Both of those 3 shot groups look like chidt and are they supposed to not be centered/zeroed on the x?? If you are shooting any kind of longrange (even 400+ yards), you would be off far enough to be out of the vitals.
I wasn't commenting on the zero. Just group size.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Leup:

Hensoldt:

Either is probably good enough for most hunters, which is kind of my point. Leupold can get away with building their erector mechanisms such that they have a 0.5 MOA tolerance in zero shift, and most guys won't notice or complain. But a very accurate rifle can bring such things to light. Just because the zero shift doesn't pose a problem for a particular hunting style, doesn't mean that the shift isn't there.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Leup:

Hensoldt:

If you had bothered to read the post you would know that they are both 5-shot groups. And no, zeroing the scopes was not of any concern for this comparison; I was strictly looking at group size and shifting POI.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Leup:

Hensoldt:

Either is probably good enough for most hunters, which is kind of my point. Leupold can get away with building their erector mechanisms such that they have a 0.5 MOA tolerance in zero shift, and most guys won't notice or complain. But a very accurate rifle can bring such things to light. Just because the zero shift doesn't pose a problem for a particular hunting style, doesn't mean that the shift isn't there.
One might suggest that if one "needs" better than MOA accuracy for deer/big game they're more interested in killing than hunting. For long range targets and competitive shooters no doubt they'd need all they can get.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Build accurate rifles in case your scope sucks, said nobody ever.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I'd put a lot more thought into that if I didn't regularly shoot .5 moa groups with the rifles/scopes I have. Some of them are even scoped with Leupolds. I have 14k in my checking account right now. My home and car are paid for and I don't use credit cards ever. If I thought I needed a better scope for anything I do, I'd buy one. If it ain't broke, I'm not fixing it.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[/quote] One might suggest that if one "needs" better than MOA accuracy for deer/big game they're more interested in killing than hunting. For long range targets and competitive shooters no doubt they'd need all they can get.

One could very easily argue the very opposite. What deserves a more accurate setup? An animal or a piece of steel or paper? If a rifle struggles to do MOA it shouldn't be carried to the woods imho. Myself I feel I owe it to the animals to carry as accurate of a setup as possible. So that when the time comes for the shot I don't have to hope that my gear is up to the task. Leupold won't be found on any of my rifles for that very reason

Last edited by Luvbowhuntn; 05/20/20.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ofelas
Jordan, you obviously never tried an advanced shooter SFP Leupold, as your skill level is pretty basic.

You need to emulate the shooter in the below pic; don't forget to attach a GreyBS pic rail decal mount on that unused RH fore-end advertising rail space.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Ha! That, and the fact his mouth isn't running 190mph.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Luvbowhuntn

One could very easily argue the very opposite. What deserves a more accurate setup? An animal or a piece of steel or paper? If a rifle struggles to do MOA it shouldn't be carried to the woods imho. Myself I feel I owe it to the animals to carry as accurate of a setup as possible. So that when the time comes for the shot I don't have to hope that my gear is up to the task. Leupold won't be found on any of my rifles for that very reason
If MOA isn't completely adequate, get closer. That's why it's called hunting.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Luvbowhuntn

If MOA isn't completely adequate, get closer. That's why it's called hunting.

MOA is good enough for any hunting distance

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Pics like this aren’t hard to find. Are they supposed to be on the orange dot?

You’re stil an idiot.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Living rent free.

Makes me smile.

There is a Scientifically proven correlation between those who have accurate rifles and those who don't have Leupold Derangement Syndrome.

Just Sayin, Science.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
There is a Scientifically proven correlation between those who have accurate rifles and those who don't have Leupold Derangement Syndrome.

Just Sayin, Science.

Clearly, as was previously illustrated by Blackheart.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Look who's back.....must have gotten fired again for the 3rd time.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Leup:

Hensoldt:

BS

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I'd put a lot more thought into that if I didn't regularly shoot .5 moa groups with the rifles/scopes I have. Some of them are even scoped with Leupolds. I have 14k in my checking account right now. My home and car are paid for and I don't use credit cards ever. If I thought I needed a better scope for anything I do, I'd buy one. If it ain't broke, I'm not fixing it.

That right there makes more sense than anything I've read on this thread yet.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1minute, 22250rem, 1936M71, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,584 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,480
Posts18,490,058
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.