-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bank card receipts take care off all that.

Pretty much use cash when traveling. Bank card might cue them about my online buys from home though.

Like the best tracker for me are the traffic cams one sees at major intersections.

1Minute
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Restaurants in Washington state will be required to gather some of your info if you dine in.

https://archive.is/zgXPR

I wonder if other retail will follow suit?

I will not patronize those restaurants...................no matter where they are.

This fu^ckin' Big Brother Control schitt has about gone far enough.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like other retailers won't have to follow suit.....the State of Washington will "help" people who refuse to prove they are COVID-free or self isolate by not allowing them to leave home:

https://www.activistpost.com/2020/0...owed-to-leave-home-to-get-groceries.html

Ouch.Who needs a "family support person"?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For God sakes don’t go to Walmart, the popo cruise the parking lots with license plate scanners.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U.S Senate votes to extend government surveillance tools

As it considered amendments on Wednesday, the Senate blocked by one vote an amendment that would have prevented law enforcement from collecting information on Americans’ internet habits without a warrant.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B2

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Apple releases iOS 13.5 with COVID-19 contact tracing feature,...

Apple also included a new COVID Exposure Notification feature in iOS 13.5 on the iPhone. The feature is part of Apple and Google's previously announced partnership that enables a contact tracing API for health officials to build apps and use to fight the spread of COVID-19.

It provides an anonymous way to alert others you've come in contact with over the last 14 days should you contract COVID-19 and test positive, as well as a means for you to be alerted if someone you've been in contact with has tested positive. We have a complete breakdown of how the feature works and attempts to maintain anonymity.

The feature is found in Settings > Privacy > Health > COVID-19 Exposure Logging. Until you install an approved app from a public health authority the feature will remain turned off. We're unaware of any apps that work with the API at the moment, but now that the update is out, we expect that to change.

oh, really

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Eff these 'smart phones'....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by reivertom
Don't phones have a way to turn them off? If it's in a bag that blocks signals anyway, it might as well be off and save the battery.

This was my first thought. You can turn off the Bluetooth and GPS, but they might still be able to track you somehow. Not sure. If you turn the phone off, they probably can't track it.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 05/21/20.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Originally Posted by reivertom
Don't phones have a way to turn them off? If it's in a bag that blocks signals anyway, it might as well be off and save the battery.

This was my first thought. You can turn off the Bluetooth and GPS, but they might still be able to track you somehow. Not sure. If you turn the phone off, they probably can't track it.

Yes they can.

They give you the ability to "turn it off" as a feel good for you, but they absolutely can find that phone if they want to bad enough.

Last edited by bbassi; 05/21/20.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 11 invisible), 1,642 guests, and 749 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.