Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 30 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I prefer to maintain my anonymity, just like most here.

I don't think some of the posters here would want their employers to know what they posted, or even that they post on the 24HCF. As for my "making up" stories, why would I want to impress some of the low lifes here?

However the story about civilians training army guys can be verified with the CMP. It happened about 3 or 4 years ago. It turned out that the ordinary troops were supposedly good for ranges under 350 meters (might have been 300 or 400, I forget which) and snipers were supposed to shoot above 700 yards. Anyway, the bad guys tried to stay in the middle. It was decided to issue one guy per squad with an accurate M16 loaded with 77 grain Sierra Match Kings to bridge that gap. Because there was a lack of instructors, some civilians were sought to train new instructors for two weeks, unpaid of course. We have some very good shooters around here and a couple of friends of mine took them up on that.

Dude,

First rule of holes.

Stop digging. Please, just fùcking stop before you embarrass yourself further.

Unless, you need the material for the 45' berm behind your shooting range.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 05/26/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Why do you think I am embarrassing myself? Have you ever shot against the Army AMU guys at the Nationals at Camp Perry? Ever beaten any? Won any 14kt gold medals (which they no longer give out) in national competition? Rubbed shoulders with any national champions. Been the state junior high power champion yourself (long time ago I admit)? Been president of a high power rifle club for 15 years?

Check with the CMP yourself. And then stop embarassing yourself by digging your own hole.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

I don't think some of the posters here would want their employers to know what they posted, or even that they post on the 24HCF. As for my "making up" stories, why would I want to impress some of the low lifes here?

However the story about civilians training army guys can be verified with the CMP. It happened about 3 or 4 years ago. It turned out that the ordinary troops were supposedly good for ranges under 350 meters (might have been 300 or 400, I forget which) and snipers were supposed to shoot above 700 yards. Anyway, the bad guys tried to stay in the middle. It was decided to issue one guy per squad with an accurate M16 loaded with 77 grain Sierra Match Kings to bridge that gap. Because there was a lack of instructors, some civilians were sought to train new instructors for two weeks, unpaid of course. We have some very good shooters around here and a couple of friends of mine took them up on that.

That said, I really want no further dialogue with you unless you can be civil and rational. In my "real" life I don't associate with people who speak like you do, cussing and swearing every other word. Perhaps you don't either.

STFU...
Fugging schit you post is so fughing bogus ...

I fughing hemned you up in a buncha bullschit.
And you know it .
No amount of spin or wordcrafting from you is gonna change it.

I associate with honest people.
Deeds not words types....
You would never cut the fughing mustard.

LMFAO!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

That said, I really want no further dialogue with you unless you can be civil and rational. In my "real" life I don't associate with people who speak like you do, cussing and swearing every other word. Perhaps you don't either.

What a well thought out " wordsmith" dissertation for a reply.
That answers 0 checkfire questions I raised to you.

#hemmedyouthefuggup.
#cokstickingouttayourforehead.

LMFAO!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Actually, it doesn't, moron.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
#MitziIsAGoldDigger

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Bristoe wishes he could look out his kitchen window and see Mitzi swimming in the neighbor’s pond. He wouldn’t ask permission then . He’d fire up the 8N and putt putt on over there. “Hey darlin, you want some Moonshine?” he would murmur.

Originally Posted by local_dirt

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by rem141r
just because its legal, that doesn't make it right. if that guy knew he wanted a range, he should have bought more rural. he's a self-centered dickhead.

and ain't no way he's doing a 50 foot embankment. it would need a huge amount of space to get it that high.

A 45 or 50 foot "fence" capable of stopping a .50 BMG, or a 30-06 FMJ, would have to be made from some pretty thick timbers. Several feet at least, and either overlapping or two fences with packed dirt in between. That would cost many hundreds of thousands of dollars. Ain't no way the perp is going to spring for that.

And where the heck do you even get timbers 50 feet tall? Oh, they have to be sunk into the ground? Gonna need some concrete.

Concrete block walls? Hate to tell ya but a 30-06 will knock a hole right through them.

Many years ago I read of an experiment where various ammo was fired through pine boards 3/4 inch thick. 30-06 ball penetrated 72 of them. Now solid oak is not the same as pine boards but you get the idea. When one of my clubs had ricochet problems--and we had bulldozed what we thought was a safe berm--the NRA told us how to do it. The resulting assessment was well into six figures (I forget exactly how much). The solution wasn't anywhere near 50 feet tall.

#earthembankment

#dumphuck

How do you make a 50 foot earth embankment where the ground is sand.

And don't swear at me. I'm not your wife.

The guy already has an embankment 20 feet (or nearly so) high at the end of his pit. He only needs to get another twenty feet above grade. The trajectory of any errant bullet passing 20 feet above grade will pass harmlessly over any nearby neighbors. And there exists means to prevent the muzzle being elevated to that point which are used at some ranges. I would desire such to protect the neighbors three to six miles away.

How would one build a twenty foot tall bullet proof wall?

Have any of you guys seen a timber retaining wall alongside a hiway? I have seen several locally. They use vertical I beam steel pylons to hold railroad tie sized timbers in a horizontal orientation, and stack said timbers as high as necessary.

Two such walls built ten or fifteen feet apart with the middle filled with sand would stop anything short of an 88 mm. The two walls would be tied together in a substantial manner and would support one another, negating need for substantial concrete work.

We are not talking about a bullet trap here. Simply a safety barrier which will presumably never see an impact. There is no concern for successive weakening due to repetitive impacts in the same spot. Nobody is going to "shoot through it".

But better yet. The guy already has a pit. Just build a roof over it and cover the roof with sand, or as I mentioned in an earlier post, bury a six foot diameter pipe. Instant underground 100 yd range.

Sock puppet? I do not think so.

I do not think any of our jokesters could successfully carry off an impersonation such as this. Too much drama queen irrationality and not enough IQ on display. It is usually pretty easy to spot a woman who is used to getting anything she wants from the men around her via her physical attributes. The real shame of it is, so many are proud of the ability and put it on display for the world to witness.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Why do you think I am embarrassing myself? Have you ever shot against the Army AMU guys at the Nationals at Camp Perry? Ever beaten any? Won any 14kt gold medals (which they no longer give out) in national competition? Rubbed shoulders with any national champions. Been the state junior high power champion yourself (long time ago I admit)? Been president of a high power rifle club for 15 years?

Check with the CMP yourself. And then stop embarassing yourself by digging your own hole.

Your so fugging feeble minded, that you put your name on the fugging twitter link on your profile.
Fugging zippy the pinhead stuff right their......

Might spend some time researching your " shooting history" tommorow if I get bored....
Camp perry entrants, yrs and, classes go back a long ways and are in depth...
They are meticulous with their records.
Too easy.....
Dont matter if ya make the name disappear either....
Already in the brain housing group.

Time for dinner for me.

#ohschitrenegade50gonnahemmmeupagain.....

LMFAO!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 05/26/20.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Bristoe wishes he could look out his kitchen window and see Mitzi swimming in the neighbor’s pond. He wouldn’t ask permission then . He’d fire up the 8N and putt putt on over there. “Hey darlin, you want some Moonshine?” he would murmur.

Actually, I'm just a bemused spectator.

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

It is usually pretty easy to spot a woman who is used to getting anything she wants from the men around her via her physical attributes. The real shame of it is, so many are proud of the ability and put it on display for the world to witness.

Yeah,...if she'd been around here very long she'd know that us old farts are at the point where a woman's value is gauged by the quality of her BLT,.....not her T&A.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Here's the avatar that a woman on here needs.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

You'd think so if involved a fat girl.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

It is usually pretty easy to spot a woman who is used to getting anything she wants from the men around her via her physical attributes. The real shame of it is, so many are proud of the ability and put it on display for the world to witness.

Yeah,...if she'd been around here very long she'd know that us old farts are at the point where a woman's value is gauged by the quality of her BLT,.....not her T&A.

And she is getting to the age, that it would behoove her to learn to make a good sammich.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
lolol,...

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Is this like some of "Mistykins" edgy on the cusp soft core stuff???

And of course we all know later on the scene with the sheriff and the schnitzengruben thang......

laugh laugh laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You guys are mostly full of chit, if your wives, daughters, grand kids read the crap you put on here you would never touch another computer, let alone a titty or a BLT. Renegade is either related to or impersonating big sthtick.... its been entertaining

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Nope ....

I'm just a dikhead with a on and off switch.
Espeically for bullschitting Bloviator,s.....

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by johnn
You guys are mostly full of chit, if your wives, daughters, grand kids read the crap you put on here you would never touch another computer, let alone a titty or a BLT. Renegade is either related to or impersonating big sthtick.... its been entertaining

It's been addressed in the past.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../true/re-forums-rules-rule-1#Post4782282

I was curious, so I had my wife read the post to check her response..

She's now taken to the bed with a severe case of the vapors and undoubtedly requires hospitalization, but our health insurance doesn't cover internet induced swoons.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Sandbags and yesterdays don’t mean shît.

Blah blah blah, nationals, nationals,
I know a retard with Down syndrome that has a gold medal for bowling in Europe

Go run 300-400 yards and cut a buck off and drill him running through the boiler room in dense hardwood 150 yrds with a scope on 3 power.

fat guys, resting heart rate, still target, sand bags, 24x power scope...not impressed

Page 27 of 30 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (12344mag, 163bc, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 41 invisible), 2,118 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,223
Posts18,504,236
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.