Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by BobMt

anybody that thinks god is answering prayers for socket sets......is more dangerous than blm and Antifa...….bob

You can thank prosperity theology and [bleep] like this guy for that.]

You boys sound like some Bible characters that Jesus used to run into from time to time. They were characters alright. The more things change, the more people stay the same.

They didn't have any prayers answered either.
God wasn't listening to them any more than they listened to God.
I've never been a fan of olsteen or the other TV preachers. There's a big difference between him and me. He doesn't believe you will go to hell without Christ. .........I do. Where do you deserve to go?

I'm here trying to show some kindness to a man and maybe help him out and you mock me and you mock my Father. Jesus warned me not to cast my pearls before swine or they'd turn around and rend me. I didn't know that I was working in the barnyard today. I better go put on my boots.

The Lord has answered a LOT more than my specific requests for tools. Some would call what happened a coincidence because they don't Want to retain God in their knowledge. https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Romans-1-28/
He's given me far more than tools and I'm grateful.
I deserve hell and He's shown me kindness.

Someday the both of you are going to face a crisis and YOU ARE GOING TO NEED GOD and He only knows if He'll pay attention to you.

So where's your destination when you leave this world?

"Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me."

Proverb Number One

Damm, man just wantin' to pick up some cheap sockets, now you're wantin' to turn water into wine and sheit.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"CONSUEEEEELA!!!! Help me find a 9/16, or it's gonna be your ass!!!!"

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Fireball2

"CONSUEEEEELA!!!! Help me find a 9/16, or it's gonna be your ass!!!!"

lmao, off looks just like my toolbox. I'll find 10 1/2 inch before a 9/16.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The smartest thing a young man can do when first assembling a tool box, is buy fifty 10mm sockets.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
LOL. A lot of truth to that

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That HOMAK stuff used to be made in USA. I think two of my workbenches are HOMAK's. One I use for reloading and the other which is identical is just used for a workbench in the basement.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

anybody that thinks god is answering prayers for socket sets......is more dangerous than blm and Antifa...….bob

You boys sound like some Bible characters that Jesus used to run into from time to time. They were characters alright. The more things change, the more people stay the same.

I've never been a fan of olsteen or the other TV preachers. There's a big difference between him and me. He doesn't believe you will go to hell without Christ. .........I do. Where do you deserve to go?

I'm here trying to show some kindness to a man and maybe help him out and you mock me and you mock my Father. Jesus warned me not to cast my pearls before swine or they'd turn around and rend me. I didn't know that I was working in the barnyard today. I better go put on my boots.

The Lord has answered a LOT more than my specific requests for tools. Some would call what happened a coincidence because they don't Want to retain God in their knowledge. https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Romans-1-28/

Someday the both of you are going to face a crisis and YOU ARE GOING TO NEED GOD and He only knows if He'll pay attention to you.

"Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me."

Proverb Number One

You should quit [bleep] around and ask him for $10,000,000.00. If you don't mind, ask him for me too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I put together a set of 3/8 and 1/2" drive deep wells from scrounging a couple pawn shops. All older Craftsman, and other stuff. When you're tight on money but need these, it's what you do.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm getting a handle on it. Need a bunch more socket bars and still need many sockets.

LOL
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It would be interesting to know where all the tools are, and what I paid for all the auction, and pawn shop tools here.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mirage243

Proverb Number One

Damm, man just wantin' to pick up some cheap sockets, now you're wantin' to turn water into wine and sheit.

Mirage243,

1. If I'm not mistaken, Fireball 2 started this thread asking for the socket sets for his many rachets.

2. The person whom I quoted was him alone and was addressed to Fireball. If you don't care, that's fine.
My time was spent offering help to someone else. If he wants to use it or not is up to him, not you.

3. Fireball's request reminded me of my fairly recent prayer that God answered. Surprisingly, it was extremely close as to the details.

4. I provided him with my experiences and with my educated opinions. They've worked for me, perhaps someone else can benefit too.

5. Did YOU even read what I originally wrote OR do you just like to take a side and nag like the others?
I said absolutely nothing about turning water into wine. Maybe you are starting to recall something that you heard from a childhood Sunday school class, or your preacher. That was Jesus who performed that miracle. He is God, so He proved that many times by creating food and things like wine/juice at a marriage reception.
All that I can do is ask.
His Father immediately answered by supernaturally making sure that someone left the case of sockets on their fender or truck bed, (I'm guessing), which slid off onto my path the day after I asked Him.
That guy didn't backtrack to find them, or he would've found them in plain view on the curb for a long time.

Contrary to what some would have you to think, this is NOT a " prosperity gospel." This is simply one of many ways that my Father takes care of his children. The true gospel is HOW you get saved from hell and become His child.

"I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you...By which also ye are saved...For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures." -Paul

The gospel of John, says to believe the above message exactly 100 times in that book alone. Coincidence? No, that is called EMPHASIS.

No coincidence could have explained what happened with the sockets either. Jesus told me about the Father and how He takes care of His own.

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth... Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them...."

The last sentence is WHY I offered to help the man who started this thread.

Now is the time to get saved, Mirage243 and the rest of you reading this. It's time to quit believing that you are good enough. Just give up on that idea and trust /believe Jesus; what He did for you already to get you out of hell and into heaven. If that's not good news, (gospel), I don't know what is. It sure beats a bunch of money.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Take it to The Lord in Prayer". My wife and family are answers to my prayers.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

happy camper....I would like to be the 1st to apologize for jackmountain and mirage234 ...their behavior has been rude and crass.......bob

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fireballz, when your done make sure it looks like this!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just hate to think Jesus would knock my tools off my truck, so somebody who prayed for tools would find them in a parking lot.

Can I trust a Jesus like that?

If I don't have tools, I have to pray to Jesus for them.

If I do have tools, I have to pray to Jesus not to knock them off my truck for my brother in Christ?

Then I have to pray to Jesus to knock somebody else's tools off their truck. Maybe He'll knock them off an Atheist's truck, who won't pray for tools and break the chain!

Otherwise, Jesus is going to be pretty busy knocking tools off for everybody.

Jesus!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
people actually find decent stuff/deals in pawnshops anymore? the ones i have been to the last few times are overpriced and have mostly yard sale looking crap.

on a side note, i found a snapon socket on the road one time. still have it. when i saw the price they want for those friggen things, i almost schaaat.

My diploma is a DD214
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mirage243

Proverb Number One

Mirage243,

1. If I'm not mistaken, Fireball 2 started this thread asking for the socket sets for his many rachets.

2. The person whom I quoted was him alone and was addressed to Fireball. If you don't care, that's fine.
My time was spent offering help to someone else. If he wants to use it or not is up to him, not you.

3. Fireball's request reminded me of my fairly recent prayer that God answered. Surprisingly, it was extremely close as to the details.

4. I provided him with my experiences and with my educated opinions. They've worked for me, perhaps someone else can benefit too.

5. Did YOU even read what I originally wrote OR do you just like to take a side and nag like the others?
I said absolutely nothing about turning water into wine. Maybe you are starting to recall something that you heard from a childhood Sunday school class, or your preacher. That was Jesus who performed that miracle. He is God, so He proved that many times by creating food and things like wine/juice at a marriage reception.
All that I can do is ask.
His Father immediately answered by supernaturally making sure that someone left the case of sockets on their fender or truck bed, (I'm guessing), which slid off onto my path the day after I asked Him.
That guy didn't backtrack to find them, or he would've found them in plain view on the curb for a long time.

Contrary to what some would have you to think, this is NOT a " prosperity gospel." This is simply one of many ways that my Father takes care of his children. The true gospel is HOW you get saved from hell and become His child.

"I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you...By which also ye are saved...For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures." -Paul

The gospel of John, says to believe the above message exactly 100 times in that book alone. Coincidence? No, that is called EMPHASIS.

No coincidence could have explained what happened with the sockets either. Jesus told me about the Father and how He takes care of His own.

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth... Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them...."

The last sentence is WHY I offered to help the man who started this thread.

Now is the time to get saved, Mirage243 and the rest of you reading this. It's time to quit believing that you are good enough. Just give up on that idea and trust /believe Jesus; what He did for you already to get you out of hell and into heaven. If that's not good news, (gospel), I don't know what is. It sure beats a bunch of money.

Dude, save your breath, my father has been a Baptist preacher for almost 50 years, I've seen more church bullsheit than you can imagine. Go save somebody else, your wasting your time trying to shove some televangelist sheit up my ass.

Fireball, sorry about derailing your thread, let's get back to talking sockets now.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I wish I had hours to sort tools.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mirage,

I'll take part of your advice and save my breath with you. The rest of your experiences about where you've had things shoved before is your personal story.
We don't need to know about it.

Guys,

If you don't like my third point to the thread starter that I've tried to help out, so what.
You've been the ones who have attacked me!
I'm not one of your little girly boys that's going to shut up when you act like juvenile delinquents because I won't put up with your attacks on me or my God. Good grief, it's like talking to a bunch of 15 year olds that don't have a dad to raise you.

Go back and read again:
"I'm here trying to show some kindness to a man and maybe help him out and you mock me and you mock my Father. Jesus warned me not to cast my pearls before swine or they'd turn around and rend me. I didn't know that I was working in the barnyard today. I better go put on my boots."

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by deflave
The smartest thing a young man can do when first assembling a tool box, is buy fifty 10mm sockets.

10mm and 13mm

I use a lot of 10, 13, 17 and 19mm

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 61 invisible), 2,601 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,506
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.