Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 95 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 94 95
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice collection of fools on display in this thread. It's quite entertaining how smart people think they are.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB4

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by Starman
You can test the most devout christians faith
by asking them if they reach for Glock or begin
by praying to a God if they have a home invasion.

or give them choice of foxhole or concrete bunker
when it's raining proximity fuse artillery.

Heart attack - medical science paramedics..or just
call for much needed prayers from your church friends
cause it will fix everything...

Lots of dead church people, but how many actually faithfully living through Christ.
Talk and just keeping empty appearances is cheap.

People telling themselves they know they have made
the cut into a heaven.... hilarious.

I know there are lawyers who have never tried a case in a court of law in their entire. They make a living "Mitigating". If a lawyer does have to try a case in a court of law and question witnesses, does the witness still have to swear to "I swear by Almighty God [to tell] the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." If so, how does a person questioning and a person answering in such a procedure place any credibility in the process if they hold nothing but contempt for the very oath that must be sworn in order to give or receive testimony in court. Have you ever objected to the Judge that you have no believe or hold no faith at all to the oath that must be sworn to testify, or are you yourself a hypocrite and just "play along"? I admit I have never been sworn to testify and do not personally know how everything is done in every court of law, just asking your great intellectual input into such matters.

How old and out of touch are you?

No! You do not have to swear to any divine power when sworn in in an American Court.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Nice collection of fools on display in this thread. It's quite entertaining how smart people think they are.

Matthew 5:22:

...whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
You all know where I stand .

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Matthew 5:22:

...whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Some will be forgiven, others, not so much.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice try AS (fool, swine), but you know that's not the context of the word "fool" which refers to those who say there is no God.
The Hebrew word is nabal, which often refers to an impious person who has no perception of ethical or religious truth. The meaning of the text is not “unintelligent people do not believe in God.” Rather, the meaning of the text is “sinful people do not believe in God.” In other words, it is a wicked thing to deny God,

They'll be plenty of smart folks in hell. Do I need to explain "swine" to you again as well?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by erikj
Wow! My mind of preacher, lol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

Denied being a U.S. Citizen to evade taxes. Kids, don't try this at home.

Yea, that's Doc's hero.

I love the double wide trailer "University":

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

On July 11, 2006, Hovind was indicted on 58 counts in the District Court in Northern Florida in Pensacola. The first 12 counts were charges for willful failure to collect, account for, and pay over federal income taxes and FICA taxes in connection with the CSE operation, totaling $473,818 for the 12 fiscal quarters of 2001–2003. The next 45 counts were charges for knowingly structuring transactions by making multiple cash withdrawals totaling $430,500 in amounts just under the $10,000 which requires reporting (a technique known as "Structuring"), for which his wife was also charged. The last count was a charge of corruptly endeavoring to obstruct and impede the administration of the internal revenue laws by falsely listing the IRS as his only creditor when filing for bankruptcy, filing a false and frivolous lawsuit against the IRS in which he demanded damages for criminal trespass, making threats of harm to those investigating him and to those who might consider cooperating with the investigation, filing a false complaint against IRS agents investigating him, filing a false criminal complaint against IRS special agents (criminal investigators), and destroying records.[135][136][137]

...At arraignment, Hovind claimed incomprehension to the charges, telling the court: "I still don't understand what I'm being charged for and who is charging me."[136] The presiding magistrate judge asked Hovind if he wrote and spoke English, to which Hovind responded, "To some degree."

...the jury deliberated three hours before finding the Hovinds guilty on all counts, 58 for Hovind and 45 for his wife

On January 19, 2007, Hovind was sentenced to ten years in prison with three years probation and ordered to pay the federal government restitution of over $600,000. During the sentencing phase, a tearful Hovind, hoping to avoid prison, told the court, "If it's just money the IRS wants, there are thousands of people out there who will help pay the money they want so I can go back out there and preach."[147] However, Hovind's court room behavior was in stark contrast to phone calls he made while in jail and played by the prosecution.[148] The tapes, posted online by the Pensacola News Journal, included one conversation with Hovind and Eric Hovind, who were planning to hide a motor vehicle title and property deeds to prevent the government from collecting the property to pay for owed debt.[149] At sentencing, he denied being a "tax protester",[148] but the prosecution,[116] an IRS spokesman,[148] and the Pensacola News Journal[140][150] used the term to describe him.

On June 29, 2007, Jo Hovind was sentenced to one year of imprisonment, three years of supervision upon release and fined $8,000.[144] In court, Jo Hovind offered explanations for the 45 checks just under $10,000 and for checks cashed before and after the reporting deadline, telling the judge "I really did not have a leadership role in CSE" and finished "I would never knowingly do anything illegal." The judge said that while Hovind was the principal authority at CSE, Jo managed the payroll; she had cashed roughly 200 checks totaling $1.5 million over a four-year period, relying on cash to avoid IRS scrutiny.[150] The United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit denied both appeals on December 30, 2008,[146] and the U.S. Supreme Court denied certiorari on November 2, 2009.[151]

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Thankfully the end of the world preaching is out of favour, and believers go quiet when it gets real - busy praying I suppose. In days gone they used to rage that the world was ending whenever some disaster or calamity struck, only to look like complete tossers afterwards. This has happened for thousands of years and they were never right - faith, whata ya gone a do about it?

Now that things are somewhat more settled, the believers start popping out of the woodwork and can continue with their moderate levels of fear of death. Seems anger is a good substitute for hopelessness - gives drive and purpose. Hey, lets start slinging crap at the infidels again and continue with our feel good fairy tales.

Keep focusing on what they said, rather than what HE said if it makes you feel better.

Bunch of high IQ brainiac unbelievers here below.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Instead of citing a fundamentalist whack job, how about a secular, highly credentialed intellectual?

https://claremontreviewofbooks.com/giving-up-darwin/

Tarquin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
It is written: There's going to be a great gnashing of teeth.

We've seen one and it will happen again.

What did HE stand to gain by saying so, if it weren't so? Riches, women, fast cars.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by erikj
Wow! My mind of preacher, lol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

Denied being a U.S. Citizen to evade taxes. Kids, don't try this at home.

Yea, that's Doc's hero.

I love the double wide trailer "University":

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

On July 11, 2006, Hovind was indicted on 58 counts in the District Court in Northern Florida in Pensacola. The first 12 counts were charges for willful failure to collect, account for, and pay over federal income taxes and FICA taxes in connection with the CSE operation, totaling $473,818 for the 12 fiscal quarters of 2001–2003. The next 45 counts were charges for knowingly structuring transactions by making multiple cash withdrawals totaling $430,500 in amounts just under the $10,000 which requires reporting (a technique known as "Structuring"), for which his wife was also charged. The last count was a charge of corruptly endeavoring to obstruct and impede the administration of the internal revenue laws by falsely listing the IRS as his only creditor when filing for bankruptcy, filing a false and frivolous lawsuit against the IRS in which he demanded damages for criminal trespass, making threats of harm to those investigating him and to those who might consider cooperating with the investigation, filing a false complaint against IRS agents investigating him, filing a false criminal complaint against IRS special agents (criminal investigators), and destroying records.[135][136][137]

...At arraignment, Hovind claimed incomprehension to the charges, telling the court: "I still don't understand what I'm being charged for and who is charging me."[136] The presiding magistrate judge asked Hovind if he wrote and spoke English, to which Hovind responded, "To some degree."

...the jury deliberated three hours before finding the Hovinds guilty on all counts, 58 for Hovind and 45 for his wife

On January 19, 2007, Hovind was sentenced to ten years in prison with three years probation and ordered to pay the federal government restitution of over $600,000. During the sentencing phase, a tearful Hovind, hoping to avoid prison, told the court, "If it's just money the IRS wants, there are thousands of people out there who will help pay the money they want so I can go back out there and preach."[147] However, Hovind's court room behavior was in stark contrast to phone calls he made while in jail and played by the prosecution.[148] The tapes, posted online by the Pensacola News Journal, included one conversation with Hovind and Eric Hovind, who were planning to hide a motor vehicle title and property deeds to prevent the government from collecting the property to pay for owed debt.[149] At sentencing, he denied being a "tax protester",[148] but the prosecution,[116] an IRS spokesman,[148] and the Pensacola News Journal[140][150] used the term to describe him.

On June 29, 2007, Jo Hovind was sentenced to one year of imprisonment, three years of supervision upon release and fined $8,000.[144] In court, Jo Hovind offered explanations for the 45 checks just under $10,000 and for checks cashed before and after the reporting deadline, telling the judge "I really did not have a leadership role in CSE" and finished "I would never knowingly do anything illegal." The judge said that while Hovind was the principal authority at CSE, Jo managed the payroll; she had cashed roughly 200 checks totaling $1.5 million over a four-year period, relying on cash to avoid IRS scrutiny.[150] The United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit denied both appeals on December 30, 2008,[146] and the U.S. Supreme Court denied certiorari on November 2, 2009.[151]

Wow! Jaguartx follows this guy? He's even more of a doofus than I thought. There are plenty of decent and honest preachers to follow.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Instead of citing a fundamentalist whack job, how about a secular, highly credentialed intellectual?

Who immediatly resorts to quoting the whack jobs of the Discovery Institute.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
So, the big bang begat the universe and life at the same time. Unreal (or a bright idea- by someone)...

whistle

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/15/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
So, the big bang begat the universe and life at the same time. Unreal.

Doc, you are getting either dumber, or more dishonest by the day.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

So, the big bang caused life. Where did the universe come from?

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from calvaryoly.com]

[Linked Image from dailyverses.net]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

So, the big bang caused life. Where did the universe come from?

Beyond what our teeny brains can figure out

Our you could say a mythical being that no one has ever seen before, snapped his finger and it all magically happened....

What if space is infinite.... what if it isnt...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
[Linked Image from calvaryoly.com]

[Linked Image from dailyverses.net]

Wab,

Pretty pictures, nice sentiment, but they are not evidence.

Have a great day my friend.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Tarquin

Who immediatly resorts to quoting the whack jobs of the Discovery Institute.

Say whatever you like, but evolution is just metaphysical theory. Unproven and undemonstrated..... and as we have discussed before, poorly supported .... if supported at all....by fossil evidence.

Also, appealing to a majority who all believe the same thing seems empty. If someone in Germany, in 1938, denounced Hitler and said he would lead the nation into war, death and destruction, he would have soundly denounced by the “majority.”

Men go mad in herds......

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
IOW, no proof of evolution, which disingenuous AS already knows. grin

We have teeny brains compared only to HIM.

We have immensely greater brain power than any other living beings HE made.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/15/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 6 of 95 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 204guy, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,945
Posts18,480,184
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.