Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 95 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 94 95
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Albert was a pretty smart guy
“The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.”

"Yet, that does not mean that the atheists are right to crow, and that Einstein only ever spoke of God idiomatically, meaning nothing more by his frequent references to the divine. Our star witness here is Einstein himself. A global celebrity and known for his willingness to talk God as much as physics, he was frequently asked, in private and public, to pronounce on his beliefs. In as far as these can be summed up, they appear to be deistic. “I’m not an atheist and I don’t think I can call myself a pantheist,” he once said when asked to define God. “I believe in Spinoza’s God,” he told Rabbi Herbert Goldstein of the Institutional Synagogues of New York, “who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists.” All the finer speculations in the realm of science “spring from a deep religious feeling,” he remarked in 1930. In the order, beauty and intelligibility of creation, he found signs of the ‘God’ he also heard throughout his life in music.

This was not the personal God of the Abrahamic faiths, but nor was it the idiomatic “God” of atheism. Indeed, Einstein could be equally withering on this point. When asked whether there was an inherent antagonism between science and religion, or whether science would ever supercede religion, he was emphatic in his denial. Nor had he any time for deriving morality from science. “Every attempt to reduce ethics to scientific formulae must fail,” he once remarked. There are still people, he remarked at a charity dinner during the War, who say there is no God. “But what really make me angry is that they quote me for support of such views.” “There are fanatical atheists whose intolerance is of the same kind as the intolerance of the religious fanatics,” he said in 1940."

Einstein, then, offers scant consolation to either party in this debate. His cosmic religion and distant deistic God of cosmic order and elegance fits neither the agenda of religious believers or that of tribal atheists. As so often during his life, he refused and disturbed the accepted categories.

Einstein once famously remarked that to punish him for his contempt for authority, Fate made him an authority himself. As with physics so with religion. We do the great physicist a disservice when we go to him to legitimise our belief in God, or in his absence.

Personally anyone that adheres to some sort of a belief based on blind faith and some promise of a after life future is selfish and self serving, Live and treat people today for how you wish to be treated, not for some grand plan that you will prosper in heaven, or miss out on hell, or sit on some star with 17 virgins... fables... geezzz

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The story content and the point are equally important for one without the other is gibberish.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Instead of citing a fundamentalist whack job, how about a secular, highly credentialed intellectual?

https://claremontreviewofbooks.com/giving-up-darwin/

Who immediatly resorts to quoting the whack jobs of the Discovery Institute.

Actually, David Galernter is an esteemed computer scientist at Yale.

Tarquin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ah..... but it is not blind faith.

It is reality, it is as real as God is real. He provides the faith. That is why it is not “blind faith.”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
IOW, no proof of evolution, which disingenuous AS already knows. grin

We have teeny brains compared only to HIM.

We have immensely greater brain power than any other living beings HE made.

You don't even have good evidence for the claimed existence of your god.

Even if evolution was NOT true, it still would not prove your god. The only reason you try so hard to disprove evolution is because its in conflict with your version of Christianity.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Instead of citing a fundamentalist whack job, how about a secular, highly credentialed intellectual?

https://claremontreviewofbooks.com/giving-up-darwin/

Who immediatly resorts to quoting the whack jobs of the Discovery Institute.

Actually, David Galernter is an esteemed computer scientist at Yale.

I know who David is. I also read the article and saw who he sights.....whack jobs from the Discovery Institute.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by TF49
Ah..... but it is not blind faith.

It is reality, it is as real as God is real. He provides the faith. That is why it is not “blind faith.”

You ever look at the definition of “faith”?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
DBT,

Here is what you said about “faith” ……

As faith is a belief held without the support of evidence it is a position that needs constant reinforcement, church, fellowship, reading selected material, etc. So if someone questions the faith, they are a threat to the faith.”

You clearly state that faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. I then quoted Hebrews 11:1….”“.... faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see....”

Faith like I am describing is not a belief held without the support of evidence. Let me delve into that.

See John 14:23…” Jesus replied, If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.”

Let me repeat…. “…we will make our home with him.”

See also, John 15:3…. “Remain in me and I will remain in you.”

When God is in you, when the Holy Spirit witnesses to your inner being, there is no doubt about it. This is not blind faith at all. It is belief based on a living and active relationship with God Himself.

So, how does this come about? The thief on the cross …. Luke 23…..knew he was a criminal and only a few crucial words are spoken…”Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. He replied to him, ‘Amen I say to you today you will be with me in Paradise.”

There is another example….Luke 18 ….. the Pharisee prayed but prayed out of pride…. then….the tax collector prayed….”But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ (Jesus then said…) I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God…..”

So, it is as simple as that…. here it is re-phrased: “Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.”

Then, God comes into your inner being and then, YOU KNOW.

Last edited by TF49; 06/15/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So, the big bang caused life?

Who ever said that?? The Big Bang Theory falls within the scientific field of astrophysics, not evolutionary biology. The Big Bang Theory is not a theory of the origin of species.

PS The Big Bang Theory is perfectly in accord with Genesis, which is why (when it was proposed), it was strongly opposed by atheists, who preferred the steady state theory (The dominant model prior to the Big Bang Theory) of the universe because it was inconsistent with the Genesis account of the universe's origin.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
DBT,

As faith is a belief held without the support of evidence it is a position that needs constant reinforcement, church, fellowship, reading selected material, etc. So if someone questions the faith, they are a threat to the faith.”

You clearly state that faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. I then quoted Hebrews 11:1….”“.... faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see....”

Faith like I am describing is not a belief held without the support of evidence. Let me delve into that.

See John 14:23…” Jesus replied, If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.”

When God is in you, when the Holy Spirit witnesses to your inner being, there is no doubt about it. This is not blind faith at all. It is belief based on a living and active relationship with God Himself.

So, how does this come about? The thief on the cross …. Luke 23…..knew he was a criminal and only a few crucial words are spoken…”Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. He replied to him, ‘Amen I say to you today you will be with me in Paradise.”

There is another example….Luke 18 ….. the Pharisee prayed but prayed out of pride…. then….the tax collector prayed….”But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ (Jesus then said…) I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God…..”

So, it is as simple as that…. here it is re-phrased: “Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.”

Circular reasoning is a logical fallacy, not evidence.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 06/15/20.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hookeye
Personally I mix Creation and Evolution.
Dunno how long one of God's days was.
If a few million years, it seems to blend rather well.

It removes one argument, and tends to shut most people up (win win)
There are some young earthers that get rather rabid though.

They also seem to have other issues.

Did you make this post because you think you're opinion is right?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
The Hebrew language in genesis does not demand a 7 day 24 hour per day creation. In fact, the contrary.

Were you smoking dope or drunk when you posted this?

Everyday Hunter
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Prwlr
If the law of Conservation of Angular Momentum is real, how come 2 or 3 of the planets spin backwards?

8 of the 91 moons spin backwards?

If the Sun is 98% hydrogen and helium, why is less than 1 % the same on mercury, venus Mars and earth, the same?

Why does the whole Galaxy spin backwards? To make the big bang theory ridiculous?

We're looking at it upside down................ grin

It’s flat..... (smirk)

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Several stories or if you wish parables were allegories to illustrate a point. The good Samaritan, the Prodigal Son, Lazarus the Beggar, come to mind. I believe the bible while realizing you must sift out the additions and knowing a bunch was left out. The siege of Jericho story was pretty short, for that matter the 40 years wandering account is too brief. Jesus lived over 30 years and taught for over 3 years and a lot is missing and then he was misrepresented by Paul. I also believe in evolution. I've witnessed quite an evolution in our local wild hog population over the last 30 years. They are decidedly bigger, smarter, longer haired, and are shaped different. I wonder about people who are so certain of their knowledge or beliefs that they cannot entertain the idea they may be wrong.

Like you?

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
DBT,

Yet you are famous here for using it!

Tarquin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
So, the big bang caused life?

Who ever said that?? The Big Bang Theory falls within the scientific field of astrophysics, not evolutionary biology. The Big Bang Theory is not a theory of the origin of species.

PS The Big Bang Theory is perfectly in accord with Genesis, which is why (when it was proposed), it was strongly opposed by atheists, who preferred the steady state theory (The dominant model prior to the Big Bang Theory) of the universe because it was inconsistent with the Genesis account of the universe's origin.

^^^ This is true.

Tarquin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
For sure. The evolutionists say the big bang caused the first spark of life and that progressed to us.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/15/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
DBT,

Yet you are famous here for using it!

For sure.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Not an unbeliever.
Just dont wanna listen to people tell me how to beleive.
Especially since it involves supporting their sorry azz,s with my money.

Since the dawn of time.......
And someone figured out how they could exploit it for an easy street living and not have to fight off saber tooth tigers like the rest had too.

Far as evolution and what the bible says ( which version is the true word anyways?)
Beleive what ya want.
Someone or something made us.
Might be shocking to either side of the fence if ever found out one way or the other.
With concrete undisputed evidence....

Live my life my way and not based on some turd telling me how too according to what his version of the bible says....

Done more good than bad in my life.
If a person dont know that about their ownself, then their moral compass is fugged.....

Dont need another person telling me my soul is hollow according to their convictions and I need to be saved according to their own beliefs on what they read or hear.

Said Roman Catholic on my dog tags.
I would have rather been a non compliant jewish person than locked into this absoulote Catholic stuff.
Heck
When I die if my body aint disposed in a approved catholic way, or place.
I'm gonna burn.
If I go free agent and change teams to another branch of christianity.
Im gonna burn...
Who made this schitt up ???
Man or god???
Man for money is the answer.....

Point of veiws over.........

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by srwshooter
lets just take one thing from the bible

Noah and the ark. so this guy gathers up a pair of all the animals on earth and loads them on a giant ship(do you really know how big that ship had to be?)
it would have taken years to build it,years to figure out how to get all the animals there, so maybe he waited til the water started to rise and floated the world and all the animals were so scared they just jumped on the ship. yeah right.

to me its like a cartoon and half the world believes it.

biggest scam in the history of the world

You should probably read the story you can comment intelligently. God brought the animals. God gave them 120 years to prepare for the Flood. The ship was between 450 and 550 feet long consisting of three levels.

Talk about a cartoon.... Come up with a way to explain abiogenesis and you will be a very rich person.

Everyday Hunter
Page 7 of 95 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 56 invisible), 2,574 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,283
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.