Hop To
Page 8 of 95 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 94 95
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by renegade50
Not an unbeliever.
Just dont wanna listen to people tell me how to beleive.
Especially since it involves supporting their sorry azz,s with my money.

Since the dawn of time.......
And someone figured out how they could exploit it for an easy street living and not have to fight off saber tooth tigers like the rest had too.

Far as evolution and what the bible says ( which version is the true word anyways?)
Beleive what ya want.
Someone or something made us.
Might be shocking to either side of the fence if ever found out one way or the other.
With concrete undisputed evidence....

Live my life my way and not based on some turd telling me how too according to what his version of the bible says....

Done more good than bad in my life.
If a person dont know that about their ownself, then their moral compass is fugged.....

Dont need another person telling me my soul is hollow according to their convictions and I need to be saved according to their own beliefs on what they read or hear.

Said Roman Catholic on my dog tags.
I would have rather been a non compliant jewish person than locked into this absoulote Catholic stuff.
Heck
When I die if my body aint disposed in a approved catholic way, or place.
I'm gonna burn.
If I go free agent and change teams to another branch of christianity.
Im gonna burn...
Who made this schitt up ???
Man or god???
Man for money is the answer.....

Point of veiws over.........

GB4

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by johnn
Albert was a pretty smart guy
“The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.”

Yet he couldnt make even one cell, much less the smallest of a human hair.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Evolution is proven, faith is in your heart, not a bad thing to have...
The big Gnarly Dude sure as hell didnt make it simple or easy to follow.. in fact we were given license to do as we please... pay later... what a concept.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I don't understand why the heated arguments?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Not an unbeliever.

Man or god???

Yep. Its not what HE said. JESUS CHRIST suffered and died for all.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Only an idiot accepts the biblical explanations over science. It’s true that the people who wrote the Bible were inspired by God and provide the best explanations they had to explain the world. However, they lacked science and the scientific method to determine the truth. A ration explanation is that God used evolution as a tool to create and change life.

Evolution is a fact that explains how life changed and adapted to a changing environment. The sooner that accept this truth the sooner you will understand the world.

It's in the Bible: "And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth (which includes you and me), which the waters brought forth abundantly ..."

The Bible, in other words, equates 1) the waters (in response to God's command) bringing forth every living creature (Watch the first several installments of the series I provided installment number one for, above), and 2) God having created said creatures.

It wasn't direct creation. God assigned the task entirely to nature, which he commanded to accomplish, and it did so. All life originated in the waters, and evolved into all the flora and fauna the earth has ever known. There was no intelligent design (God didn't engineer each creature, nor any of them), which is quite obvious to anyone who studies biology, zoology, genetics, etc.. Nor does the Bible say that he did.

So maybe you could tell us why every year there are more and more Ph.D. scientists becoming creationists biologists, geologists, paleontologists, astronomers, etc., etc. Are they not as educated as you?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Is it heated?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It looks heated to me .

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fortunately, one’s salvation does NOT depend on the Biblical story of Creation.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by Starman
You can test the most devout christians faith
by asking them if they reach for Glock or begin
by praying to a God if they have a home invasion.

or give them choice of foxhole or concrete bunker
when it's raining proximity fuse artillery.

Heart attack - medical science paramedics..or just
call for much needed prayers from your church friends
cause it will fix everything...

Lots of dead church people, but how many actually faithfully living through Christ.
Talk and just keeping empty appearances is cheap.

People telling themselves they know they have made
the cut into a heaven.... hilarious.

I know there are lawyers who have never tried a case in a court of law in their entire. They make a living "Mitigating". If a lawyer does have to try a case in a court of law and question witnesses, does the witness still have to swear to "I swear by Almighty God [to tell] the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." If so, how does a person questioning and a person answering in such a procedure place any credibility in the process if they hold nothing but contempt for the very oath that must be sworn in order to give or receive testimony in court. Have you ever objected to the Judge that you have no believe or hold no faith at all to the oath that must be sworn to testify, or are you yourself a hypocrite and just "play along"? I admit I have never been sworn to testify and do not personally know how everything is done in every court of law, just asking your great intellectual input into such matters.

How old and out of touch are you?

No! You do not have to swear to any divine power when sworn in in an American Court.

I'm old enough to at least Google it before I posted it. This is what I found when I searched the web in numerous sites . By the way, how old are you? You seem to think a lot of your own opinion in most matters. I'm just asking questions.

"United States
Oath:

Do you solemnly (swear/affirm) that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, (so help you God/under pains and penalties of perjury)?
"Swear" may be replaced with "affirm", and either "so help you God" or "under pains and penalties of perjury" may be used; all oaths and affirmations are considered to be equivalent before the law.[14] These modifications to the oath were originally introduced in order to accommodate those who feel uncomfortable swearing religious oaths, such as Quakers, as well as to accommodate the irreligious.[15] In United States v. Ward, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that certain other modifications of the oath were acceptable so long as they demonstrated "a moral or ethical sense of right and wrong".[16]

Oath (California):

You do solemnly state that the testimony you may give in the case now pending before this court shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Nah..... I guess it’s how you perceive text. Easily taken out of context. Imho.

I hope your doing good wabigoon! Love ya man.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers

Adam and Eve, and the basis for Original Sin are in the same book.

If the creation story is not "true", is Adam an Eve not true?

No Adam and Eve, no original sin, no need for Jesus.

Originally Posted by wabigoon

Wabigoon, I hope that helps answer your question. Once you start admitting parts of the Bible are just allegory, the question then become, "How much is just allegory?" If the Creation, Adam and Eve, Flood and Exodus are all just Allegory, why not Jesus?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I thought some guy named Darwin figured all this out in the 1850's. Hard to believe we still have naysayers 170 years later.

1Minute
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
For you, AS, the greater need is to discredit HIM.

I suppose for some, that is comforting.

I'm comfortable with you not believing.

Why are you so uncomfortable with us believing? It makes you uncomfortable.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/15/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Adam and Eve, and the basis for Original Sin are in the same book.
If the creation story is not "true", is Adam an Eve not true?
No Adam and Eve, no original sin, no need for Jesus
If that’s the way you see it, so be it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Starman
You can test the most devout christians faith
by asking them if they reach for Glock or begin
by praying to a God if they have a home invasion.

or give them choice of foxhole or concrete bunker
when it's raining proximity fuse artillery.

Heart attack - medical science paramedics..or just
call for much needed prayers from your church friends
cause it will fix everything...

Lots of dead church people, but how many actually faithfully living through Christ.
Talk and just keeping empty appearances is cheap.

People telling themselves they know they have made
the cut into a heaven.... hilarious.

I know there are lawyers who have never tried a case in a court of law in their entire. They make a living "Mitigating". If a lawyer does have to try a case in a court of law and question witnesses, does the witness still have to swear to "I swear by Almighty God [to tell] the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." If so, how does a person questioning and a person answering in such a procedure place any credibility in the process if they hold nothing but contempt for the very oath that must be sworn in order to give or receive testimony in court. Have you ever objected to the Judge that you have no believe or hold no faith at all to the oath that must be sworn to testify, or are you yourself a hypocrite and just "play along"? I admit I have never been sworn to testify and do not personally know how everything is done in every court of law, just asking your great intellectual input into such matters.

How old and out of touch are you?

No! You do not have to swear to any divine power when sworn in in an American Court.

I'm old enough to at least Google it before I posted it. This is what I found when I searched the web in numerous sites . By the way, how old are you?

"United States
Oath:

Do you solemnly (swear/affirm) that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, (so help you God/under pains and penalties of perjury)?
"Swear" may be replaced with "affirm", and either "so help you God" or "under pains and penalties of perjury" may be used; all oaths and affirmations are considered to be equivalent before the law.[14] These modifications to the oath were originally introduced in order to accommodate those who feel uncomfortable swearing religious oaths, such as Quakers, as well as to accommodate the irreligious.[15] In United States v. Ward, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that certain other modifications of the oath were acceptable so long as they demonstrated "a moral or ethical sense of right and wrong".[16]

Oath (California):

You do solemnly state that the testimony you may give in the case now pending before this court shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

Might want to read that little document called The Constitution and the surrounding case law:

https://ffrf.org/legal/item/14022-jury-oaths

The Supreme Court ruled that the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which is applied to state and local governments by Amendment 14, prohibits government was forcing a person to profess a belief in God or in any religion as a condition of obtaining public services or benefits. Despite the Torcaso decision, a few states are holdouts and have retained unconstitutional religious tests for public office, for jury duty, etc. However, there have been a variety of lower-court decisions on the matter, including People v. Velarde, 616P.2d 104 (1980), in which the Colorado Supreme Court held that, although jurors are required to state affirmations, they are not required to swear an oath to a god.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by fester
Not an unbeliever.
Especially since it involves supporting their sorry azz,s with my money.

Since the dawn of time.......
And someone figured out how they could exploit it for an easy street living and not have to fight off saber tooth tigers like the rest had too.

Far as evolution and what the bible says ( which version is the true word anyways?)
Beleive what ya want.
Someone or something made us.
Might be shocking to either side of the fence if ever found out one way or the other.
With concrete undisputed evidence....

Live my life my way and not based on some turd telling me how too according to what his version of the bible says....

Done more good than bad in my life.
If a person dont know that about their ownself, then their moral compass is fugged.....

Dont need another person telling me my soul is hollow according to their convictions and I need to be saved according to their own beliefs on what they read or hear.

Said Roman Catholic on my dog tags.
I would have rather been a non compliant jewish person than locked into this absoulote Catholic stuff.
Heck
When I die if my body aint disposed in a approved catholic way, or place.
I'm gonna burn.
If I go free agent and change teams to another branch of christianity.
Im gonna burn...
Man or god???

Point of veiws over.........

Lmfao!!!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman

So maybe you could tell us why every year there are more and more Ph.D. scientists becoming creationists biologists, geologists, paleontologists, astronomers, etc., etc. Are they not as educated as you?

A scant few actual Ph.D..biologists, geologists, paleontologists, etc., become Creationists, and those that do are cranks. Some Ph.Ds legitimately in those fields may, like myself, believe in divine creation, as it's poetically related in Genesis, but that's far from being a Creationist. Creationism is a system of belief invented fairly recently in history (most of its roots being found in the Twentieth Century), holding its adherents to a childish, pre-scientific, interpretation of the Book of Genesis.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm old enough to at least Google it before I posted it. This is what I found when I searched the web in numerous sites . By the way, how old are you? You seem to think a lot of your own opinion in most matters. I'm just asking questions.

"United States
Oath:

Oath (California):

I was called as a witness in court. While I was in the hall waiting to be called I read Matthew. Jesus says don't swear..... When the clerk asked if I swear to tell the truth... I told him I just read what Jesus said. Therefore I will not swear. He then asked if I would affirm and I told him that was just a cleaver way to get me to say the same thing. The D.A. who knew me turned to the judge and said, "He will tell the truth, Your Honor." That settled it and I testified.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by jaguartx
For you, the greater need is to discredit HIM.

I suppose for some, that is comforting.

That’s subjective to. Lol

I find many things comforting I.e. wiping my butt with nice paper.
Hmmmm, what else, that’s about it.

How you Doing jag? Always enjoy your posts.

That was not directed to you or anybody else btw.......

Last edited by fester; 06/15/20.
Page 8 of 95 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,944
Posts18,480,168
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.