A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Fortunately, one’s salvation does NOT depend on the Biblical story of Creation.
Adam and Eve, and the basis for Original Sin are in the same book.
If the creation story is not "true", is Adam an Eve not true?
No Adam and Eve, no original sin, no need for Jesus
If that’s the way you see it, so be it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's also the way Kent Hovind, the subject of the OP see it, along with millions of other Christians. He has a whole talk on how you have to believe in a literal interpretation of the OT, because without the OT, there is no NT, no NT, no Jesus, and no trip past the Pearly Gates.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB4

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
No Adam and Eve, no original sin, no need for Jesus

That's also the way Kent Hovind, the subject of the OP see it, along with millions of other Christians. He has a whole talk on how you have to believe in a literal interpretation of the OT, because without the OT, there is no NT, no NT, no Jesus, and no trip past the Pearly Gates.

No?
So where are you going?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's also the way Kent Hovind, the subject of the OP sees it, along with millions of other Christians. He has a whole talk on how you have to believe in a literal interpretation of the OT, because without the OT, there is no NT, no NT, no Jesus, and no trip past the Pearly Gates.
I’m in disagreement with anyone (Kent Hovind, you, other followers of Jesus, etc.) who thinks the Bible is the foundation of the Christian faith.
Some people worship a book, others attack the faith of Christianity by attacking that book, and others try to follow Jesus’ teachings and worship Him.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nighthawk

See, there's your problem. Your posts are not a search for truth. Merely some kind of weird game intended to stroke your ego. Believe what you want, I couldn't care less,

Typical elitist catholic thinking others have the
problem.

Fact is there were direct enquiring questions about
your claims that you ran away from, coz you had
already painted yourself into a corner.

What you Lost was not a competition, . what you
lost is credibilty in your argument. because it
was full of holes. So you dumped it, bundled up
your pride [ego] and ran... then put up some sad
lame excuse.

Its not the first time your crapola has been shown
to be nonsense... You've had your ass handed to
to you before, yet you persist with your intellectual
giant stance on such matters. You get so caught
up in your own web of convoluted bullschit and
contradictions that you don't see the trap you lay
for yourself... 😂

You are good at pissing until it comes
to actually getting it in the bowl.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Thanks, Fester, take care.

Lots of things give us comfort. For some, it includes discrediting HIM.

Some are made uncomfortable to hear of others worshipping HIM.

AS is one of those. Why? Pretty obvious he's not too secure in his belief, and has to keep reminding himself he has nothing to worry about.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/15/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
For you, the greater need is to discredit HIM.

I suppose for some, that is comforting.

I'm comfortable with you not believing.

Why are you so uncomfortable with us believers? It's to comfort YOURSELF.

It aint uncomfort with believers.
Its hearing some of them spew their pieholes about it and condeming others for not falling in line lock step in what they believe to be their mission to save someone else's soul.
And feeling fugging smug about it all while doing it.

I dont need anyone to set me straight about what I beleive.
Espeically when their are a million six christain religons all reading outta different versions of gods book. Cut copied and pasted by those men with power thruout time on what they wanted in it or out of it.
Then throw benjamins into the equation.

Just saying.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Ringman

So maybe you could tell us why every year there are more and more Ph.D. scientists becoming creationists biologists, geologists, paleontologists, astronomers, etc., etc. Are they not as educated as you?

A scant few actual Ph.D..biologists, geologists, paleontologists, etc., become Creationists, and those that do are cranks. Some Ph.Ds legitimately in those fields may, like myself, believe in divine creation, as it's poetically related in Genesis, but that's far from being a Creationist. Creationism is a system of belief invented fairly recently in history (most of its roots being found in the Twentieth Century), holding its adherents to a childish, pre-scientific, interpretation of the Book of Genesis.

You don't know what you are addressing so confidently. In what field is your Ph.D.? Consider Dr. Jason Lisle. He is a six day young universe creationist who made discoveries in the sun that no other scientist discovered prior to his discovery. I heard him say (I will paraphrase. But it's close.) "Evolution is myth for which there is NO evidence." Consider Dr. Russell Humphreys. He is a six day young universe creationist who predicted what would be discovered by the solar system research projects. He made his prediction based on God's Word where It read the universe came from water. What are your discoveries or prediction that are scientifically supported?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Who is condemning HIM? GODs word. We just repeat the Good News. That's what AS cant stand.

His argument is with the Word.

What have believers lost if they are wrong. They arent going to regret having believed.

He wants proof from us, when he cant provide proof for us.

I Dindo Nuffin
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

AS is one of those. Why? Pretty obvious he's not too secure in his belief, and has to keep reminding himself he has nothing to worry about.

Hey jag. I’m NOT discrediting you or anybody else.

We are all stuck here doing what we do......

No jag, I’m not talking s hit bud.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
For you, the greater need is to discredit HIM.

I suppose for some, that is comforting.

I'm comfortable with you not believing.

Why are you so uncomfortable with us believers? It's to comfort YOURSELF.

It aint uncomfort with believers.
Its hearing some of them spew their pieholes about it and condeming others for not falling in line lock step in what they believe to be their mission to save someone else's soul.
And feeling fugging smug about it all while doing it.

I dont need anyone to set me straight about what I beleive.
Espeically when their are a million six christain religons all reading outta different versions of gods book. Cut copied and pasted by those men with power thruout time on what they wanted in it or out of it.
Then throw benjamins into the equation.

Just saying.....

renegade50, you seem to be missing in some education. I didn't get permission from either of the following so punch me in the head next time you see me. Take a look at this quote from Doc Rocket responding to antlers.

Originally Posted By antlers
If ones personal faith and belief in The Messiah is threatened by what others say or believe, or by what ancient manuscripts contain...then maybe the problem isn't with what others say or believe, or with what ancient manuscripts contain.
Answered by Doc Rocket

Well, you're kind of right about this, on a basic level.

However, it appears you are not up to speed on the history surrounding the Canon of New Testament scripture, nor the Judeo-Christian tradition of debate over minutiae! Don't worry, you're not alone. I doubt that 1 Christian in 10 in the USA knows even the basic history of the First Century Church. Nonbelievers, maybe 1 in 1000.

The first thing, i.e., why are we Christians so quick to argue about What others say and believe about the Christian faith, is because what we ALL say about our faith matters to EVERY Christian believer. The traditions of Judaism, outlined in the Torah and multiple rabbinical texts, argue that discussion of every new viewpoint on Scripture is not just desirable, but a mandatory exercise in the Jewish religion. And Christianity, which is nothing more nor less than the fulfillment of the Jewish religion in the person, life works, and teachings of Jesus, has followed that tradition for millennia.

So that's why we argue about it. It's our tradition. If you don't like our tradition, butt out and go take care of your own traditions. I'm not being mean or angry here, I'm just sayin'.

The second thing: why does every new "ancient" text or artifact that pops up stir up immediate opposition by so many Christians? Well, it's because our faith is founded on a very carefully selected set of writings from the first century A.D. While some non-Christians (i.e., outsiders who don't "get" our traditions) may take delight in promoting "new" texts that appear to contradict the Canon of Scripture--because they're mostly ch!tt-disturbers, in my experience--these texts are almost always the same old crap that's been popping up since the 2nd or 3rd century, and which has been cataloged in the Pulp Fiction aisle of the theological library for the better part of 2000 years.

99% of Christians are largely ignorant of the history of the early Church, from the time of the Acts of the Apostles to the Fall of Jerusalem in AD 70. This was a time of enormous expansion of the Church, but the very cool part about it was that while the number of Christians exploded over the course of a few decades, the geographic expansion was very small. This meant that pretty much EVERYone knew somebody who actually knew, was taught by, and witnessed the miracles of Jesus. And the Jews, who comprised the early majority of Christians, were/are real sticklers for THE TRUTH.

This means nobody could bullsh!t about the Gospel of Christ. Posers were recognized and cast out immediately. You couldn't hide behind an internet handle in those days. You were either the real deal, or you got stoned to death. Sometimes you even got stoned to death if you WERE the real deal, so being a poser wasn't exactly a high-paying gig, you know what I'm saying? Oh, and keep in mind that in the First Century it wasn't like today, when any schmoe can write a book and publish it online... if you wrote a book then, the only way it got published was if other people agreed that it was really good stuff, and copied it out by hand for other folks to read.

So the people who actually wrote down the life, words, teachings, and miracles of Jesus were guys who actually knew him. If someone didn't really know him and TELL THE TRUTH as it was known by hundreds of first-hand witnesses, their scribblings would've been ignored. If not burned and the author stoned to death. By the early 2nd Century, the de facto Canon of Scripture we know as the New Testament had been pretty much agreed upon by the vast majority of Church leaders and scholars, based on a very tight-knit history they all shared.

Mark wrote his Gospel first, probably within about 20 years of Jesus' death and resurrection. John's gospel was probably written within a few years of the Fall of Jerusalem, Matthew and Luke somewhere in between. Lots of other folks wrote down their memories of the events, too, but for the most part these were ignored by the Church because the majority of the Churches thought they were incomplete, contained too many untruths, or were flawed in other ways. The four main Gospels were endorsed and widely circulated as a result.

Now, there were some dissenters (as there always are in human affairs) and they started up their own versions of church that were anywhere from slightly wonky to batsh!t-crazy. And by the early 3rd Century, enough of these outliers existed that the orthodox Church had no choice but to lay down the law--in keeping with ancient Judeo-Christian traditions of heterodoxy--and they held a series of councils in which the majority of Christian leaders and scholars said what was the truest material in keeping with the historical writings of Church Fathers. All of batsh!t-crazy gospels were ch!tt-canned at that time, but all manner of non-believers keep bringing them up as "proof" against the Christian religion.

So that's why we care about somebody resurrecting (pun intended) some piece of batsh!t-crazy "Christian" writing from the 6th Century. Our forefathers worked really, really hard to clean up the true story about Jesus for us. They paid for it with their blood and their very lives, and we owe them a debt for that.

And that's why we tend to be derisive and dismissive about "ancient" texts that get "discovered" that were written at least 500 years after the Biblical texts we endorse. It's part of our tradition.

People who aren't Bible-believing Christians can say and think what they like for themselves, but they can't expect us not to defend our religion, our tradition, our history is something precious to us, and we don't care to have fools who are ignorant of our tradition and our history to pass off their ignorance as valid opinion.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by fester

Hey jag. I’m NOT discrediting you or anybody else.

We are all stuck here doing what we do......

No jag, I’m not talking s hit bud.

No, I was referring to AS, fester. AS discredits HIM.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Who is condemning HIM? GODs word. We just repeat the Good News. That's what AS cant stand.

His argument is with the Word.

What have believers lost if they are wrong. They arent going to regret having believed.

He wants proof from us, when he cant provide proof for us.

Jag.

Google books of bible not included in bibles.
Bunch of em.....

Who made those decisions not to include em back in the day.
Man......
Those books are gods words also are they not....

Last edited by renegade50; 06/15/20.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

No Adam and Eve, no original sin, no need for Jesus.
There's no necessary contradiction between the Genesis account of the events within the Garden of Eden (understood poetically) and evolution. At some point, there had to be a first man, at which point God could have separated him out, breathed a soul into him, and from him made Eve. Adam's parents could very well (consistent with the Genesis account) have been physiologically identical to himself, but only lacking something that would have made them fully human in God's eyes.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by Starman
You can test the most devout christians faith
by asking them if they reach for Glock or begin
by praying to a God if they have a home invasion.

or give them choice of foxhole or concrete bunker
when it's raining proximity fuse artillery.

Heart attack - medical science paramedics..or just
call for much needed prayers from your church friends
cause it will fix everything...

Lots of dead church people, but how many actually faithfully living through Christ.
Talk and just keeping empty appearances is cheap.

People telling themselves they know they have made
the cut into a heaven.... hilarious.

I know there are lawyers who have never tried a case in a court of law in their entire. They make a living "Mitigating". If a lawyer does have to try a case in a court of law and question witnesses, does the witness still have to swear to "I swear by Almighty God [to tell] the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." If so, how does a person questioning and a person answering in such a procedure place any credibility in the process if they hold nothing but contempt for the very oath that must be sworn in order to give or receive testimony in court. Have you ever objected to the Judge that you have no believe or hold no faith at all to the oath that must be sworn to testify, or are you yourself a hypocrite and just "play along"? I admit I have never been sworn to testify and do not personally know how everything is done in every court of law, just asking your great intellectual input into such matters.

How old and out of touch are you?

No! You do not have to swear to any divine power when sworn in in an American Court.

I'm old enough to at least Google it before I posted it. This is what I found when I searched the web in numerous sites . By the way, how old are you?

"United States
Oath:

Do you solemnly (swear/affirm) that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, (so help you God/under pains and penalties of perjury)?
"Swear" may be replaced with "affirm", and either "so help you God" or "under pains and penalties of perjury" may be used; all oaths and affirmations are considered to be equivalent before the law.[14] These modifications to the oath were originally introduced in order to accommodate those who feel uncomfortable swearing religious oaths, such as Quakers, as well as to accommodate the irreligious.[15] In United States v. Ward, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that certain other modifications of the oath were acceptable so long as they demonstrated "a moral or ethical sense of right and wrong".[16]

Oath (California):

You do solemnly state that the testimony you may give in the case now pending before this court shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

Might want to read that little document called The Constitution and the surrounding case law:

https://ffrf.org/legal/item/14022-jury-oaths

The Supreme Court ruled that the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which is applied to state and local governments by Amendment 14, prohibits government was forcing a person to profess a belief in God or in any religion as a condition of obtaining public services or benefits. Despite the Torcaso decision, a few states are holdouts and have retained unconstitutional religious tests for public office, for jury duty, etc. However, there have been a variety of lower-court decisions on the matter, including People v. Velarde, 616P.2d 104 (1980), in which the Colorado Supreme Court held that, although jurors are required to state affirmations, they are not required to swear an oath to a god.

Thanks for posting that. It reads that some States do indeed still require the old oath. I see that web address is for the Freedom From Religion website, not sure they are my endall reference to the Constitution.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

No Adam and Eve, no original sin, no need for Jesus.
There's no necessary contradiction between the Genesis account of the events within the Garden of Eden (understood poetically) and evolution. At some point, there had to be a first man, at which point God could have separated him out, breathed a soul into him, and from him made Eve. Adam's parents could very well (consistent with the Genesis account) been physiologically identical to himself, but only lacking something that would have made them fully human in God's eyes.

Ok hawk, you have to elaborate a bit more......

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I have read some of them.

Made some religious groups uncomfortable and were deleted. I think they explain a lot.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 1minute
I thought some guy named Darwin figured all this out in the 1850's. Hard to believe we still have naysayers 170 years later.

+1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
That's also the way Kent Hovind, the subject of the OP sees it, along with millions of other Christians. He has a whole talk on how you have to believe in a literal interpretation of the OT, because without the OT, there is no NT, no NT, no Jesus, and no trip past the Pearly Gates.
I’m in disagreement with anyone (Kent Hovind, you, other followers of Jesus, etc.) who thinks the Bible is the foundation of the Christian faith.
Some people worship a book, others attack the faith of Christianity by attacking that book, and others try to follow Jesus’ teachings and worship Him.

Of course you do. You might be a Christian, but I see no indications you are one of the radical nutty fundamentalist Christians. There's over 30,000 flavors of Christianity, and they are not all equal. But for some who are, scientific realities such as and old Earth, Evolution, and in some cases, even a round earth are a threat to their faith and the conditions they believe necessary for an eternal afterlife in paradise.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ringman, it’s more than OK with me for you to use this discourse between DocRocket and I anytime and wherever you want. It’s public information and you don’t need permission. Also, although it was a good discourse, I stand by what I said...

“If ones personal faith and belief in The Messiah is threatened by what others say or believe, or by what ancient manuscripts contain...then maybe the problem isn't with what others say or believe, or with what ancient manuscripts contain.”

My faith and belief in Jesus is not threatened by what others say or believe, or by what ancient manuscripts contain. At all.

Hope you’re well. Hope you have a good day.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by johnn
Albert was a pretty smart guy
“The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.”

Yet he couldn't make even one cell, much less the smallest of a human hair.

Dividing cells, life in general is no doubt a amazing miracle, I just dont believe it is due to divine intervention, hard to just blindly accept traditional christian beliefs that are meant to somehow explain what you cant see, smell, hear or physically feel.... yet evolution is clearly evident........

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Page 9 of 95 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,646 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,948
Posts18,480,351
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.