Page 13 of 95 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 94 95
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by jaguartx
For sure. The evolutionists say the big bang caused the first spark of life and that progressed to us.

This is the second time you posted this drivel.

You're stupid.

The big bang happened 13,800,000,000 billion years ago. Life started about 10,000,000,000 years later. That's a 10 billion year difference, for those who are mathematically challenged.

Sheesh, just asking.

So, now we actually have 2 real big bangs to contemplate (Just as my question was designed to reveal).

Since you're so smart, where did the stuff come from that made the big bang that created the universe?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB4

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Universe is expanding now per science.
What is outside of the universe.
Universe contracts from gravity between objects eventually per theory.
Or is some other force acting on expansion outside the universe
Pushing it inward then allowing objects to use gravity to ontract down to one concentrated point again for another big bang

When did cycle start.
What did this cycle start from??

Schitt we will probably never know.
Could this theory of the big bang be a faith based belief also like religon in many ways.

Wish Gus would chime in...

LOL!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
All of you Guys listen,

This short, but Great message is why I reconsidered the religion that I was heavily Indoctrinated in since I was in preschool! None of us know it all, especially a preschooler...but I believed my religion throughout childhood and adolescence as much as anyone here.
If you have the courage, you will ask God of the Bible if He will convince you of the truth before and after watching it

The RELIGION of Evol-utionism started long before Charley Darwin. It was started by someone who said, "Hath God said..?" Undermining God's integrity, calling Him a liar.

Then the father of the alternative religion opposed to friendship with God said,
"Ye shall not surely die.". Again calling God a liar and deceiving an intelligent person...a genius, yet gullible.
I'm not criticizing the woman, just giving the plain facts....just like most men are. We've been raised by the gt (public fool system), to despise God like the devil and choose to believe that religion's teachings without question. They teach us that we came from a rock and that eventually we shall be as gods.

Third, Satan, the guru of what eventually became a major doctrine of the Hindu religion said,
..."You shall be as god's..."

In a nutshell, keep in mind that Jesus IS THE CREATOR. He demonstrated it to over 10, 000 eye witnesses when He preached to them on multiple occasions He CREATED meals for them. "In Whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins....ALL things were created by Him..." John chapter 1
That's easier for me to believe than other religions that teach that you are continually improving until someday you will be like a god..šŸ˜„

1. "Let God be true and EVERY MAN a liar". We have ALL lied and there is a consequence called hell, no matter what Satan says. God can't do something. What is that? He can NOT lie. As it is written,

"All liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Even the little white ones? Yup, all of them. And it's not just lies, it's all wrong... including the things we know that we should do, but don't.
Revelation 21:8

2. No matter how uncomfortable it may be, You ARE going to die someday.

"For the wages of sin is death."
Romans 6:23

3. You are not going to evolve/reincarnate and come back as a Brahma cow or whatever. Nor do people give birth to cows or anything besides other people. That's not hard to Believe. You are welcome to believe what you want to, but Jesus warned over and over that you are going to The Lake for longer than you can imagine!
Satan is happy with that. Jesus is not.

That is why He willingly submitted to be tortured and die for YOU. Because He knows when you will die and that you WILL be tortured forever without Him.
When He was crucified, He suffered the undescribable pain and punishment necessary that was required for your personal sins against a loving God. He can save you because after he died He came back to life and is THE only Savior. IF you want to try to save yourself, that makes you a savior and you are not ever going to be good enough. The mirror shows a man in need of God, not a savior.

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us.".
( Only Speaking to those who made this decision because it's past tense. Notice it's NOT because of your good works.)

The key to everlasting life is to reject the lie that your good works can make you right with God. No amount of works has ever saved anyone. Then you must make Jesus Christ alone the object of your trust. That previous verse continues,

" For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Don't put it off. Go to God right now and ask Him for what He is offering. The gift has already been paid for.
Tell Him,

"Dear God,
I don't deserve to go to heaven. I deserve hell, because I've committed sins against You. I know that Jesus Christ Your Son was punished for what I did, so that I won't have to be punished in hell. After He died, He came back to life the third day. I trust Him to save me and to take me to heaven some day.
Thank You for the gift of everlasting life.
Amen

I've studied the Scientific Method and have applied it many years inside of laboratory settings AND in the field.
It's obvious to anyone with one mg of intellectual HONESTY that their belief system is based upon FAITH rather than any SCIENTIFIC METHODOLOGY. I am Not here to debate true science because it will fall upon your deaf ears. What REALLY matters is where you will spend eternity.

Regardless of where you stand on this issue of macroevolutionism,
I have provided you with more than a billion dollars worth of information above. IF you have ears to hear and eyes to see what it says about the faith of Jesus, it is in your best interest to consider.

In your shaded highlights.

I always thought God was the creator and Jesus his son.

The meals for me part is subject to beliefs also.

"In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:...
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:". Colossians 1

"
This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." 1 John 5:6-7

The Word here is The Living Word, Jesus the Christ.
He demonstrated His Power through miracles and fulfilling hundreds of specific prophecies. Yes, Jesus made food. Thousands of potential critics could have interviewed thousands from the town's that heard Him teach and written all kinds of books discounting the books written by the Apostles IF they didn't happen.

The fact is that He will either become your Savior or your Judge someday. It's not difficult to believe Him. What is difficult is trying to save yourself.
(Please see the video link above for the details of how to bypass judgement....IF a few short minutes is worth considering the message that Jesus gave on how to stay out of a Lake of Fire forever.)

Please see the quote below about those who will be judged by all their good looks and coming up short.

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Quoting Jesus

Note:
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

What is the will of the Father in heaven?
Answer:
"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

Quoting Jesus

Your choices guys

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Originally Posted by fester
Originally Posted by fester
Wooooo freaking whooooooo!
Party on people!
Iā€™ would have ate 2 of those bad acids....

Keep on trucking dude with the big foot forward blotter.....

Just saying....

LOL!!!

Wanna trip together my friend?
šŸ˜‰

I just noticed your avatar... assuming the band? I last saw them back when 10,000 days was new, but was one of my most memorable shows....

I just saw Bush in Vegas right before the Covid, that was the best show ever for me....

Yeah dude.... covid just canceled my next show in Sacramento
Damn my luck.

Last edited by fester; 06/15/20.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JGRaider
All I can say is......someday we'll see who's right, won't we?

Not if there's no existence beyond death.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx

...So, now we actually have 2 real big bangs to contemplate...

Like I noted earlier, either dumber or more dishonest by the day.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Universe is expanding now per science.
What is outside of the universe.
Universe contracts from gravity between objects eventually per theory.
Or is some other force acting on expansion outside the universe
Pushing it inward then allowing objects to use gravity to ontract down to one concentrated point again for another big bang

When did cycle start.
What did this cycle start from??

Schitt we will probably never know.
Could this theory of the big bang be a faith based belief also like religon in many ways.

Wish Gus would chime in...

LOL!!!

Wanna hear a funny story?
To bad ya going to....

Grabbed a Uber this morning....... the driver, a black dude(not that it matters) picked me up.

Long story short, we found out we both served on the same USN ship.
Small world. He was on board the USS Paul F. Foster:
First ship to launch tomahawks into Iraq.

Pretty cool talking to this guy.....

Small military world.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
All of you Guys listen,

This short, but Great message is why I reconsidered the religion that I was heavily Indoctrinated in since I was in preschool! None of us know it all, especially a preschooler...but I believed my religion throughout childhood and adolescence as much as anyone here.
If you have the courage, you will ask God of the Bible if He will convince you of the truth before and after watching it

The RELIGION of Evol-utionism started long before Charley Darwin. It was started by someone who said, "Hath God said..?" Undermining God's integrity, calling Him a liar.

Then the father of the alternative religion opposed to friendship with God said,
"Ye shall not surely die.". Again calling God a liar and deceiving an intelligent person...a genius, yet gullible.
I'm not criticizing the woman, just giving the plain facts....just like most men are. We've been raised by the gt (public fool system), to despise God like the devil and choose to believe that religion's teachings without question. They teach us that we came from a rock and that eventually we shall be as gods.

Third, Satan, the guru of what eventually became a major doctrine of the Hindu religion said,

In a nutshell, keep in mind that Jesus IS THE CREATOR. He demonstrated it to over 10, 000 eye witnesses when He preached to them on multiple occasions He CREATED meals for them. "In Whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins....ALL things were created by Him..." John chapter 1
That's easier for me to believe than other religions that teach that you are continually improving until someday you will be like a god..šŸ˜„

1. "Let God be true and EVERY MAN a liar". We have ALL lied and there is a consequence called hell, no matter what Satan says. God can't do something. What is that? He can NOT lie. As it is written,

"All liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Even the little white ones? Yup, all of them. And it's not just lies, it's all wrong... including the things we know that we should do, but don't.

3. You are not going to evolve/reincarnate and come back as a Brahma cow or whatever. Nor do people give birth to cows or anything besides other people. That's not hard to Believe. You are welcome to believe what you want to, but Jesus warned over and over that you are going to The Lake for longer than you can imagine!

That is why He willingly submitted to be tortured and die for YOU. Because He knows when you will die and that you WILL be tortured forever without Him.
When He was crucified, He suffered the undescribable pain and punishment necessary that was required for your personal sins against a loving God. He can save you because after he died He came back to life and is THE only Savior. IF you want to try to save yourself, that makes you a savior and you are not ever going to be good enough. The mirror shows a man in need of God, not a savior.

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us.".
( Only Speaking to those who made this decision because it's past tense. Notice it's NOT because of your good works.)

The key to everlasting life is to reject the lie that your good works can make you right with God. No amount of works has ever saved anyone. Then you must make Jesus Christ alone the object of your trust. That previous verse continues,

" For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Don't put it off. Go to God right now and ask Him for what He is offering. The gift has already been paid for.
Tell Him,

"Dear God,
I don't deserve to go to heaven. I deserve hell, because I've committed sins against You. I know that Jesus Christ Your Son was punished for what I did, so that I won't have to be punished in hell. After He died, He came back to life the third day. I trust Him to save me and to take me to heaven some day.
Amen

I've studied the Scientific Method and have applied it many years inside of laboratory settings AND in the field.
It's obvious to anyone with one mg of intellectual HONESTY that their belief system is based upon FAITH rather than any SCIENTIFIC METHODOLOGY. I am Not here to debate true science because it will fall upon your deaf ears. What REALLY matters is where you will spend eternity.

I have provided you with more than a billion dollars worth of information above. IF you have ears to hear and eyes to see what it says about the faith of Jesus, it is in your best interest to consider.

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:". Colossians 1

"
This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." 1 John 5:6-7

He demonstrated His Power through miracles and fulfilling hundreds of specific prophecies. Yes, Jesus made food. Thousands of potential critics could have interviewed thousands from the town's that heard Him teach and written all kinds of books discounting the books written by the Apostles IF they didn't happen.

The fact is that He will either become your Savior or your Judge someday. It's not difficult to believe Him. What is difficult is trying to save yourself.
(Please see the video link above for the details of how to bypass judgement....IF a few short minutes is worth considering the message that Jesus gave on how to stay out of a Lake of Fire forever.)

Please see the quote below about those who will be judged by all their good looks and coming up short.

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Quoting Jesus

Note:
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

Answer:
"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

Quoting Jesus

Your choices guys

Why should anyone believe anything the Bible claims?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

šŸ˜‚

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

For someone who proclaims to be so smart, you're so dense. If there's no existence beyond death, YOU would be right, I'd be wrong. Vice versa, I'm right and you're wrong. It ain't that hard even for the swine.

Matt 7:6
"Give not that which is holy to the dogs, nor throw your pearls to the swine; otherwise they will trample them under their feet and then turn and attack you.

As you know, parents have a huge influence upon their kids. You're betting the lives of your kids that you're right. That's a highly egotistical and not so lofty position to be in.

Last edited by JGRaider; 06/15/20.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
All of you Guys listen,

Tell Him,

"Dear God,
Amen

"

Note:

Answer:

Quoting Jesus

Your choices guys

Thank you Captain Cut and Paste...

Means alot to me I got ya ta dig that up and post it.
Researching for words you think might have some impact and time you cant get back.
Or a deposit on the rent either....
You just proved my point of smugness that exist in some people concerning belief.

LOL!!!

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

Sad that many allow the theory of evolution to prevent them from believing in Jesus.

Indeed.

Evolution isn't a theory. Theory is explaining how evolution works. Both fact and theory.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman

renegade50,.... .Take a look at this quote from Doc
Rocket responding to antlers. ......

Answered by Doc Rocket. .....

99% of Christians are largely ignorant of the history of the early Church, from the time of the Acts of the Apostles to the Fall of Jerusalem in AD 70. This was a time of enormous expansion of the Church, but the very cool part about it was that while the number of Christians exploded over the course of a few decades, the geographic expansion was very small. This meant that pretty much EVERYone knew somebody who actually knew, was taught by, and witnessed the miracles of Jesus. And the Jews, who comprised the early majority of Christians, were/are real sticklers for THE TRUTH.

This means nobody could bullsh!t about the Gospel of Christ. Posers were recognized and cast out immediately. You couldn't hide behind an internet handle in those days. You were either the real deal, or you got stoned to death. Sometimes you even got stoned to death if you WERE the real deal, so being a poser wasn't exactly a high-paying gig,

The Romans had overruling authority regarding
capitol punishment. ~ jus gladii ~.You could not
just go around stoning people to death.

The Sanhedrin held their own trial of Jesus before
bringing him before Pontius Pilate, because Rome
allowed the subjugated to run their own affairs to
a large degree.. They could have metted out a variety
of penalties to Jesus without need to bring him to
Pilate....The reason they brought JC to Pilate is that
the Sanhedrin trial had concluded that the penalty
should be Death....the catch was Jews had conceded
authority to implement Capitol Punishment to Rome.
Thus the presentation before Pilate to seek the death
penalty they themselves could not sanction.
[Sanhedrin say this themselves in scripture].

Wrongman and DocCrockofCrap need to do better
homework before sprouting.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
[Linked Image from calvaryoly.com]

[Linked Image from dailyverses.net]

If there is a God and God 'so loved the world,' being omnipotent, the world would be an entirely different place. And please, not the free will rationale.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some people see ā€˜Christiansā€™ as judgmental moralists who think that they are the only ones going to heaven...and they seem to relish the notion that everyone else (who doesnā€™t believe as they do) are going to hell.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

For someone who proclaims to be so smart, you're so dense. If there's no existence beyond death, YOU would be right, I'd be wrong. Vice versa, I'm right and you're wrong. It ain't that hard even for the swine.

"Give not that which is holy to the dogs, nor throw your pearls to the swine; otherwise they will trample them under their feet and then turn and attack you.

As you know, parents have a huge influence upon their kids. You're betting the lives of your kids that you're right. That's a highly egotistical and not so lofty position to be in.

Is amazing how big a fool you make if yourself.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

Sad that many allow the theory of evolution to prevent them from believing in Jesus.

Indeed.

Evolution isn't a theory. Theory is explaining how evolution works. Both fact and theory.

"The Theory of Evolution" is indeed a scientific theory. It's the prevailing theory, and has yet to be disproved. At the same time, it's a fact, since the evidence is so overwhelming as not to be doubted by any rational person. There are also companion evolution theories, i.e., explaining certain disputed aspects of evolution, e.g., punctuated equilibrium.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by antlers
Some people see "some" ā€˜Christiansā€™ as judgmental moralists who think that they are the only ones going to heaven...and they seem to relish the notion that everyone else (who doesnā€™t believe as they do) are going to hell.

You just summed it up....
Nailed it actually!!!
I added the word " some" to your post though.
No need to post anymore on this thread for me.
Thanks Antlers!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 06/15/20.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

No.

It's you who failed to understand. If there is no existence beyond death, you will never know because there will be no "you" to experience that there is nothing to experience.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by antlers
Some people see "some" ā€˜Christiansā€™ as judgmental moralists who think that they are the only ones going to heaven...and they seem to relish the notion that everyone else (who doesnā€™t believe as they do) are going to hell.

You just summed it up....
Nailed it actually!!!
I added the word " some" to your post though.

Page 13 of 95 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 67 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,953
Posts18,480,406
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.