Hop To
Page 14 of 95 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 94 95
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
Some people see ‘Christians’ as judgmental moralists who think that they are the only ones going to heaven...and they seem to relish the notion that everyone else (who doesn’t believe as they do) are going to hell.

Some?

Don't you man most?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB4

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
All I can say is......someday we'll see who's right, won't we?

Not if there's no existence beyond death.

For someone who proclaims to be so smart, you're so dense. If there's no existence beyond death, YOU would be right, I'd be wrong. Vice versa, I'm right and you're wrong. It ain't that hard even for the swine.

Matt 7:6
"Give not that which is holy to the dogs, nor throw your pearls to the swine; otherwise they will trample them under their feet and then turn and attack you.

As you know, parents have a huge influence upon their kids. You're betting the lives of your kids that you're right. That's a highly egotistical and not so lofty position to be in.

Is amazing how big a fool you make if yourself.

Yep.
Threatening the souls of my children is such an honest tactic.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
My navy seal bud, tony, asked me if I ever spent a season in the abyss.
Lol

RIP Tony Comeree❤️

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TF49
DBT,

Here is what you said about “faith” ……

As faith is a belief held without the support of evidence it is a position that needs constant reinforcement, church, fellowship, reading selected material, etc. So if someone questions the faith, they are a threat to the faith.”

You clearly state that faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. I then quoted Hebrews 11:1….”“.... faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see....”

Faith like I am describing is not a belief held without the support of evidence. Let me delve into that.

See John 14:23…” Jesus replied, If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.”

Let me repeat…. “…we will make our home with him.”

See also, John 15:3…. “Remain in me and I will remain in you.”

When God is in you, when the Holy Spirit witnesses to your inner being, there is no doubt about it. This is not blind faith at all. It is belief based on a living and active relationship with God Himself.

So, how does this come about? The thief on the cross …. Luke 23…..knew he was a criminal and only a few crucial words are spoken…”Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. He replied to him, ‘Amen I say to you today you will be with me in Paradise.”

There is another example….Luke 18 ….. the Pharisee prayed but prayed out of pride…. then….the tax collector prayed….”But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ (Jesus then said…) I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God…..”

So, it is as simple as that…. here it is re-phrased: “Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.”

Then, God comes into your inner being and then, YOU KNOW.

Circular reasoning is a logical fallacy, not evidence.

Oh, it is indeed evidence. Not proof for you, but testimony. Testimony. Think about it. Testimony is accepted in courts of law.

It is also an explanation for the origin of faith.

Heard a story once about a man blind from birth who denied the existence of light because he had never seen it, never felt it and he rejected the testimony of the sighted people around him.

Do we accept testimony in a court of law from Anonymous sources?

Odd response.

Anyway, the sources are not anonymous and you know that...... but you would never admit that.

The fact is there a numerous firsthand and “eyewitness” testimonies. I am just one of many.

BUT, if you choose not to believe, then so be it.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
All I can say is......someday we'll see who's right, won't we?

Not if there's no existence beyond death.

For someone who proclaims to be so smart, you're so dense. If there's no existence beyond death, YOU would be right, I'd be wrong. Vice versa, I'm right and you're wrong. It ain't that hard even for the swine.

Matt 7:6
"Give not that which is holy to the dogs, nor throw your pearls to the swine; otherwise they will trample them under their feet and then turn and attack you.

As you know, parents have a huge influence upon their kids. You're betting the lives of your kids that you're right. That's a highly egotistical and not so lofty position to be in.

Is amazing how big a fool you make if yourself.

Yep.
Threatening the souls of my children is such an honest tactic.

Religion is based on fear, and capitalises on fear.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
DBT,

As faith is a belief held without the support of evidence it is a position that needs constant reinforcement, church, fellowship, reading selected material, etc. So if someone questions the faith, they are a threat to the faith.”

You clearly state that faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. I then quoted Hebrews 11:1….”“.... faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see....”

Faith like I am describing is not a belief held without the support of evidence. Let me delve into that.

See John 14:23…” Jesus replied, If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.”

When God is in you, when the Holy Spirit witnesses to your inner being, there is no doubt about it. This is not blind faith at all. It is belief based on a living and active relationship with God Himself.

So, how does this come about? The thief on the cross …. Luke 23…..knew he was a criminal and only a few crucial words are spoken…”Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. He replied to him, ‘Amen I say to you today you will be with me in Paradise.”

There is another example….Luke 18 ….. the Pharisee prayed but prayed out of pride…. then….the tax collector prayed….”But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ (Jesus then said…) I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God…..”

So, it is as simple as that…. here it is re-phrased: “Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.”

Oh, it is indeed evidence. Not proof for you, but testimony. Testimony. Think about it. Testimony is accepted in courts of law.

Heard a story once about a man blind from birth who denied the existence of light because he had never seen it, never felt it and he rejected the testimony of the sighted people around him.

Odd response.

Anyway, the sources are not anonymous and you know that...... but you would never admit that.

The fact is there a numerous firsthand and “eyewitness” testimonies. I am just one of many.

Now you are just being dishonest. I expected better from you, but welcome to the world of Doc Eyeball.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Use brains and detailed rational enquiry research
.. Why what is this man thinking!

Why not just stay a gullible village idiot drugged
out on comforting middle eastern mythology?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
So many things OPs video are just ridiculous. It’s truly is for the “believers”.....of fallacy. And I am a Christian, but there’s lots of false narrative in that link...

Last edited by KU_Geo; 06/15/20.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by KU_Geo
So many things OPs video are just ridiculous. It’s truly is for the “believers”.....of fallacy. And I am a Christian, but there’s lots of false narrative in that link...

Yes, it was posted to "stir the pot", we hadn't had a good debate on the subject for a while now. Now that COVID-19 and FLOYD-20 are starting to settle down...

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 06/15/20.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by fester

Ok hawk, you have to elaborate a bit more......

I merely conveyed the proposition that there's plenty of room for interpretation, within the Genesis account of creation and man's origin, without contradicting what we understand to be true via scientific discovery. They are not mutually exclusive.

Your problem is it is neither creation centered or scientific.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

Sad that many allow the theory of evolution to prevent them from believing in Jesus.

Indeed.

Evolution isn't a theory. Theory is explaining how evolution works. Both fact and theory.

"The Theory of Evolution" is indeed a scientific theory. It's the prevailing theory, and has yet to be disproved. At the same time, it's a fact, since the evidence is so overwhelming as not to be doubted by any rational person. There are also companion evolution theories, i.e., explaining certain disputed aspects of evolution, e.g., punctuated equilibrium.

You ignore the nature of theory in science, which is used a narrative to explain actual observations and actual evidence. The evidence for evolution is more than sufficient to have proven the reality of evolution.

What remains is building on our understanding of how it works, which is where theory comes into it.

The theory of evolution is both fact and theory.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
DBT,

Odd response.

Now you are just being dishonest. I expected better from you, but welcome to the world of Doc Eyeball.

Who wrote the Gospels had no knowledge of most of the world or the many large civilizations that lived in it during the time they wrote the Bible.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
DBT,

Odd response.

An eyewitness to what?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If the earth were billions of years old, then nuclear decay would have made all uranium turn in to lead by now. Uranium therefore can't be that old. Also, an agnostic scientist said granite rock could not be formed by evolution. Granite is 5% uranium and the uranium is thoroughly mixed evenly in granite. He said it is like taking an Alka-Selzer while still fizzing and freeze it instantly. He said granite had to be created instantly. He also said they tried to recreate granite in a lab with the same atoms and material. They cannot do it by heat or by cold. It always separates. This scientist became a Christian because of granite rock and proof that it had to be created instantly.

Evolution also violates one of the laws of thermodynamics which states everything is in a state of decay, not evolving upward.

These two facts totally destroy evolution theory. Also, I though only communist athiests believe in evolution.

Mutations are not evolution. No existing animal is or has evolved into another. Mutated maybe but not evolved. Dogs and wolves can recreate, because they are in the same family of animals. Grizzlies and Polar bears can breed. Humans share 98% of DNA of [bleep], but we can't breed because we are entirely different and unique species. Wolves cannot breed with hyenas. Similar, but different species.

Last edited by Dixie_Dude; 06/15/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by renegade50
The one constant in the universe as we know it is gravity...

But what created gravity and what was before gravity.

Related Q.s

Some say God is somewhere beyond the universe,
— so where was God before the universe?

Some say God is beyond our 3D physical dimension,
— In Bible it says they found God in a small
wooden box decorated in gold.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Albert was a pretty smart guy
“The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.”

Yet he couldn't make even one cell, much less the smallest of a human hair.

Dividing cells, life in general is no doubt a amazing miracle, I just dont believe it is due to divine intervention, hard to just blindly accept traditional christian beliefs that are meant to somehow explain what you cant see, smell, hear or physically feel.... yet evolution is clearly evident........

Are you using "yet evolution is clearly evident" meaning from the Big Bang to the present? Other than life exists what evidence is there for abiogenesis?

Do you not find the existence of life rather compelling evidence...?

I guess you have not heard of the Miller experiment and the billions of dollars and no telling how many hours highly educated scientists have spent over the last 65 years only to discover life comes from life. I find the existence of life as prima facia evidence that life is created by an Infinite Intelligent Energy we call God.

Even Crick said the DNA molecule is so complex it is miraculous. But rather than give glory to God, he invented panspermia. In other words, spacemen brought it. Of course my question is, from where did the spacemen come?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
If the earth were billions of years old, then nuclear decay would have made all uranium turn in to lead by now. Uranium therefore can't be that old. Also, an agnostic scientist said granite rock could not be formed by evolution. Granite is 5% uranium and the uranium is thoroughly mixed evenly in granite. He said it is like taking an Alka-Selzer while still fizzing and freeze it instantly. He said granite had to be created instantly. He also said they tried to recreate granite in a lab with the same atoms and material. They cannot do it by heat or by cold. It always separates. This scientist became a Christian because of granite rock and proof that it had to be created instantly.

Evolution also violates one of the laws of thermodynamics which states everything is in a state of decay, not evolving upward.

These two facts totally destroy evolution theory. Also, I though only communist athiests believe in evolution.

Mutations are not evolution. No existing animal is or has evolved into another. Mutated maybe but not evolved. Dogs and wolves can recreate, because they are in the same family of animals. Grizzlies and Polar bears can breed. Humans share 98% of DNA of [bleep], but we can't breed because we are entirely different and unique species. Wolves cannot breed with hyenas. Similar, but different species.

That's a very Christian explanation.

Well?
Page 14 of 95 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,396 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,204
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.