-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 95 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 94 95
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who the heck says for sure the first seven days were actually 24 hours each?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50

None of us alive today can testify about observed events in biblical times.

You are correct. But we have scientists called aerologists who study history. None of the stories of the Bible have been proven untrue and many, many have been confirmed by them.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
DBT,

Here is what you said about “faith” ……

As faith is a belief held without the support of evidence it is a position that needs constant reinforcement, church, fellowship, reading selected material, etc. So if someone questions the faith, they are a threat to the faith.”

You clearly state that faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. I then quoted Hebrews 11:1….”“.... faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see....”

Faith like I am describing is not a belief held without the support of evidence. Let me delve into that.

See John 14:23…” Jesus replied, If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.”

Let me repeat…. “…we will make our home with him.”

See also, John 15:3…. “Remain in me and I will remain in you.”

When God is in you, when the Holy Spirit witnesses to your inner being, there is no doubt about it. This is not blind faith at all. It is belief based on a living and active relationship with God Himself.

So, how does this come about? The thief on the cross …. Luke 23…..knew he was a criminal and only a few crucial words are spoken…”Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. He replied to him, ‘Amen I say to you today you will be with me in Paradise.”

There is another example….Luke 18 ….. the Pharisee prayed but prayed out of pride…. then….the tax collector prayed….”But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ (Jesus then said…) I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God…..”

So, it is as simple as that…. here it is re-phrased: “Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.”

Then, God comes into your inner being and then, YOU KNOW.

Circular reasoning is a logical fallacy, not evidence.

Oh, it is indeed evidence. Not proof for you, but testimony. Testimony. Think about it. Testimony is accepted in courts of law.

It is also an explanation for the origin of faith.

Heard a story once about a man blind from birth who denied the existence of light because he had never seen it, never felt it and he rejected the testimony of the sighted people around him.

Do we accept testimony in a court of law from Anonymous sources?

Odd response.

Anyway, the sources are not anonymous and you know that...... but you would never admit that.

The fact is there a numerous firsthand and “eyewitness” testimonies. I am just one of many.

BUT, if you choose not to believe, then so be it.

He doesnt chose not to believe. He has no choice or he has already made it. As the LORD said, he has scales on his eyes.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/15/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
If the earth were billions of years old, then nuclear decay would have made all uranium turn in to lead by now. Uranium therefore can't be that old. Also, an agnostic scientist said granite rock could not be formed by evolution. Granite is 5% uranium and the uranium is thoroughly mixed evenly in granite. He said it is like taking an Alka-Selzer while still fizzing and freeze it instantly. He said granite had to be created instantly. He also said they tried to recreate granite in a lab with the same atoms and material. They cannot do it by heat or by cold. It always separates. This scientist became a Christian because of granite rock and proof that it had to be created instantly.

Evolution also violates one of the laws of thermodynamics which states everything is in a state of decay, not evolving upward.

These two facts totally destroy evolution theory. Also, I though only communist athiests believe in evolution.

Mutations are not evolution. No existing animal is or has evolved into another. Mutated maybe but not evolved. Dogs and wolves can recreate, because they are in the same family of animals. Grizzlies and Polar bears can breed. Humans share 98% of DNA of [bleep], but we can't breed because we are entirely different and unique species. Wolves cannot breed with hyenas. Similar, but different species.

That's a very Christian explanation.

And dishonest.

He omit's the part where you also have to reject uniformitarianism to make his hypothesis work:

http://apps.usd.edu/esci/creation/age/content/creationism_and_young_earth/accelerated_decay.html

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
.. This scientist became a Christian because of granite rock and proof that it had to be created instantly.

Thats a very christian explanation

If not rock, there's always the Ray Comfort
Cavendish banana method of turning folks
into instant christians... 😂

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman

You are correct. But we have scientists called aerologists who study history. None of the stories of the Bible have been proven untrue and many, many have been confirmed by them.

Aerologist are a branch of meteorology. What exactly do meteorologist know about history, and how do they prove the Bible to be true?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by jaguartx
For sure. The evolutionists say the big bang caused the first spark of life and that progressed to us.

This is the second time you posted this drivel.

You're stupid.

The big bang happened 13,800,000,000 billion years ago. Life started about 10,000,000,000 years later. That's a 10 billion year difference, for those who are mathematically challenged.

So are you saying there would have been life without the Big Bang?

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
For sure. The evolutionists say the big bang caused the first spark of life and that progressed to us.

This is the second time you posted this drivel.

You're stupid.

The big bang happened 13,800,000,000 billion years ago. Life started about 10,000,000,000 years later. That's a 10 billion year difference, for those who are mathematically challenged.

So are you saying there would have been life without the Big Bang?

He's saying you are too stupid to understand that the big bang falls under Cosmology, and Evolution if part of Biology, and that Biology does not explain Cosmology and vise versa.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
12 now, going to 20 pages???

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Valsdad
12 now, going to 20 pages???

6 Pages.

You need to fix your pages to fit a lot more quality viewing at one time. wink

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
How do you explain the geologic column and radiometric dating?

You literalists have painted yourselves into a corner with that position.

One either believes in God's Word and the Flood, which accounts for all the geologic column and fossils or one believes in fossils forming over millions of years. There are dozens of experiments showing fossils form in as little as days and weeks and months depending on what kind. Where are the fossils of American bison? After all millions died a rather short.

Radiometric dating is a whole nother kettle of fish. You start with assumptions and carry those assumptions forward and then conclude with assumptions.
The folks at Institute For Creation Research have been dong testing for years and have made some rather exciting discoveries. Check out the RATE project.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Check out the RATE project.

Which I already discredited above.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Universe is expanding now per science.
What is outside of the universe.
Universe contracts from gravity between objects eventually per theory.
Or is some other force acting on expansion outside the universe
Pushing it inward then allowing objects to use gravity to ontract down to one concentrated point again for another big bang

When did cycle start.
What did this cycle start from??

Schitt we will probably never know.
Could this theory of the big bang be a faith based belief also like religon in many ways.

Wish Gus would chime in...

LOL!!!

You are forgetting entropy. With each collapse there would be less free energy for the next Big Bang. Eventually there would be only a total heat death.

Everyday Hunter
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Who the heck says for sure the first seven days were actually 24 hours each?

It says so in Genesis, specifying the morning of the first day, the evening, the morning of the second day, etc. Epochs or eons don't have a morning and an evening, they have countless mornings and evenings....

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
DBT,

Here is what you said about “faith” ……

As faith is a belief held without the support of evidence it is a position that needs constant reinforcement, church, fellowship, reading selected material, etc. So if someone questions the faith, they are a threat to the faith.”

You clearly state that faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. I then quoted Hebrews 11:1….”“.... faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see....”

Faith like I am describing is not a belief held without the support of evidence. Let me delve into that.

See John 14:23…” Jesus replied, If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.”

Let me repeat…. “…we will make our home with him.”

See also, John 15:3…. “Remain in me and I will remain in you.”

When God is in you, when the Holy Spirit witnesses to your inner being, there is no doubt about it. This is not blind faith at all. It is belief based on a living and active relationship with God Himself.

So, how does this come about? The thief on the cross …. Luke 23…..knew he was a criminal and only a few crucial words are spoken…”Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. He replied to him, ‘Amen I say to you today you will be with me in Paradise.”

There is another example….Luke 18 ….. the Pharisee prayed but prayed out of pride…. then….the tax collector prayed….”But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ (Jesus then said…) I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God…..”

So, it is as simple as that…. here it is re-phrased: “Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.”

Then, God comes into your inner being and then, YOU KNOW.

Circular reasoning is a logical fallacy, not evidence.

Oh, it is indeed evidence. Not proof for you, but testimony. Testimony. Think about it. Testimony is accepted in courts of law.

It is also an explanation for the origin of faith.

Heard a story once about a man blind from birth who denied the existence of light because he had never seen it, never felt it and he rejected the testimony of the sighted people around him.

Do we accept testimony in a court of law from Anonymous sources?

Odd response.

Anyway, the sources are not anonymous and you know that...... but you would never admit that.

The fact is there a numerous firsthand and “eyewitness” testimonies. I am just one of many.

BUT, if you choose not to believe, then so be it.

He doesnt chose not to believe. He has no choice or he has already made it. As the LORD said, he has scales on his eyes.

Whats the lord say about you being so adamant about him, making so many mistakes with his creations... like blacks, gays, snakes, and oddly enough sharks???

Such a fine specimen of a Christian you are, lmao...

Crickets...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Universe is expanding now per science.
What is outside of the universe.
Universe contracts from gravity between objects eventually per theory.
Or is some other force acting on expansion outside the universe
Pushing it inward then allowing objects to use gravity to ontract down to one concentrated point again for another big bang

When did cycle start.
What did this cycle start from??

Schitt we will probably never know.
Could this theory of the big bang be a faith based belief also like religon in many ways.

Wish Gus would chime in...

LOL!!!

You are forgetting entropy. With each collapse there would be less free energy for the next Big Bang. Eventually there would be only a total heat death.

Nope.

Total heat death only works in an expanding universe.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Did you really say aerologists study history? In an argument about mythology vs reality?

Wowsers....

Didnt know atmoshperic scientists can confirm biblical stories.... i guess you could argue they are studying the “heavens” hahahaha

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
If the earth were billions of years old, then nuclear decay would have made all uranium turn in to lead by now. Uranium therefore can't be that old. Also, an agnostic scientist said granite rock could not be formed by evolution. Granite is 5% uranium and the uranium is thoroughly mixed evenly in granite. He said it is like taking an Alka-Selzer while still fizzing and freeze it instantly. He said granite had to be created instantly. He also said they tried to recreate granite in a lab with the same atoms and material. They cannot do it by heat or by cold. It always separates. This scientist became a Christian because of granite rock and proof that it had to be created instantly.

Evolution also violates one of the laws of thermodynamics which states everything is in a state of decay, not evolving upward.

These two facts totally destroy evolution theory. Also, I though only communist athiests believe in evolution.

Mutations are not evolution. No existing animal is or has evolved into another. Mutated maybe but not evolved. Dogs and wolves can recreate, because they are in the same family of animals. Grizzlies and Polar bears can breed. Humans share 98% of DNA of [bleep], but we can't breed because we are entirely different and unique species. Wolves cannot breed with hyenas. Similar, but different species.

You mean all through history 2 fish didnt mutate into chickens at the same time in the same pond and then start propagating on land? Or, one fish laid two mutated eggs that hatched into fowl of the opposite sex?

And then two chickens didnt suddenly have two mutated babies be cats? Or one chicken have two mutated cats of the opposite sex at the same time? wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/15/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You mean all through history 2 fish didnt mutate into chickens at the same time in the same pond and then start propagating on land?

And then two chickens didnt suddenly have two mutated babies be cats? Or one chicken have two mutated cats of the opposite sex at the same time?

Dumber and more dishonest with every post.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DBT

You ignore the nature of theory in science, which is used a narrative to explain actual observations and actual evidence. The evidence for evolution is more than sufficient to have proven the reality of evolution.

What remains is building on our understanding of how it works, which is where theory comes into it.

The theory of evolution is both fact and theory.
You denied that it was a theory, which was a mistake on your part. It certainly is, since, were it wrong, there would be a myriad of ways of disproving it, i.e., it is falsifiable. The fact that it hasn't been falsified, and only supported by observation across a wide body of research, is what makes it also an established fact in the ordinary sense of that word.

Page 15 of 95 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 70 invisible), 2,347 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,953
Posts18,480,406
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.