Page 16 of 95 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 94 95
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Valsdad
12 now, going to 20 pages???

6 Pages.

You need to fix your pages to fit a lot more quality viewing at one time. wink

Can I fix for unlimited posts per page and just have one page?

For every thread?

Equality for all, you know. Why should any thread look ,more important than any other?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB4

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
If the earth were billions of years old, then nuclear decay would have made all uranium turn in to lead by now. Uranium therefore can't be that old. Also, an agnostic scientist said granite rock could not be formed by evolution. Granite is 5% uranium and the uranium is thoroughly mixed evenly in granite. He said it is like taking an Alka-Selzer while still fizzing and freeze it instantly. He said granite had to be created instantly. He also said they tried to recreate granite in a lab with the same atoms and material. They cannot do it by heat or by cold. It always separates. This scientist became a Christian because of granite rock and proof that it had to be created instantly.

Evolution also violates one of the laws of thermodynamics which states everything is in a state of decay, not evolving upward.

These two facts totally destroy evolution theory. Also, I though only communist athiests believe in evolution.

Mutations are not evolution. No existing animal is or has evolved into another. Mutated maybe but not evolved. Dogs and wolves can recreate, because they are in the same family of animals. Grizzlies and Polar bears can breed. Humans share 98% of DNA of [bleep], but we can't breed because we are entirely different and unique species. Wolves cannot breed with hyenas. Similar, but different species.

You mean all through history 2 fish didnt mutate into chickens at the same time in the same pond and then start propagating on land?

And then two chickens didnt suddenly have two mutated babies be cats? Or one chicken have two mutated cats of the opposite sex at the same time?

Come on you kook, you were the so called doctor...

The small trace amounts of radioactive material found in granite decays rapidly into radon.... you cant quote a retarded ass post like that to support your “mythology”.... if granite was rockin 5% uranium, you really think we’d be rocking granite countertops in kitchens to make our food on? Lmao.

Uugghh...

PS - its not difficult to google how granites formed.... no agnostic scientist needed lol..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Who the heck says for sure the first seven days were actually 24 hours each?

God describes them as "evening and morning" and on the forth day we are instructed by God He created the sun, moon and stars for "signs, and seasons and days and years." Everywhere outside of the First Chapter where evening and morning are used it refers to a solar day. So we either accept God at His Word or accept fallible men's theories which change from decade to decade.

This leaves absolutely no room for claiming Genesis is compatible with the Big Bang. The Bible tells us the universe and the earth started out cool and will end with intense heat. The Big Bang says the universe started out hot and will end in the ultimate heat death were entropy has runs its course. The Bible tells us God made the sun, moon, and stars on day four. The Big Bang teaches there were eons of time before the stars formed. And then more eons of time before the sun formed. There is NO compatibility between the First Chapter of the Bible and the Big Bang.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from darrellcreswell.files.wordpress.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by renegade50

None of us alive today can testify about observed events in biblical times.

You are correct. But we have scientists called aerologists who study history. None of the stories of the Bible have been proven untrue and many, many have been confirmed by them.

Did you really say aerologists study history? In an argument about mythology vs reality?

Wowsers....

Didnt know atmoshperic scientists can confirm biblical stories.... i guess you could argue they are studying the “heavens” hahahaha

Sorry for the spell check error. Let's try it again. Archeologists. Does that make more sense?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

God describes them as "evening and morning" and on the forth day we are instructed by God He created the sun, moon and stars for "signs, and seasons and days and years." Everywhere outside of the First Chapter where evening and morning are used it refers to a solar day. So we either accept God at His Word or accept fallible men's theories which change from decade to decade.

This leaves absolutely no room for claiming Genesis is compatible with the Big Bang. The Bible tells us the universe and the earth started out cool and will end with intense heat. The Big Bang says the universe started out hot and will end in the ultimate heat death were entropy has runs its course. The Bible tells us God made the sun, moon, and stars on day four. The Big Bang teaches there were eons of time before the stars formed. And then more eons of time before the sun formed. There is NO compatibility between the First Chapter of the Bible and the Big Bang.

This^^^^

And what was present to go bang?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by renegade50

None of us alive today can testify about observed events in biblical times.

You are correct. But we have scientists called aerologists who study history. None of the stories of the Bible have been proven untrue and many, many have been confirmed by them.

Did you really say aerologists study history? In an argument about mythology vs reality?

Wowsers....

Didnt know atmoshperic scientists can confirm biblical stories.... i guess you could argue they are studying the “heavens” hahahaha

Sorry for the spell check error. Let's try it again. Archeologists. Does that make more sense?

A wee wee bit lmao..

But they also uncover facts that counter the biblical claims too... lots of them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

God describes them as "evening and morning" and on the forth day we are instructed by God He created the sun, moon and stars for "signs, and seasons and days and years." Everywhere outside of the First Chapter where evening and morning are used it refers to a solar day.

Where did LIGHT come from if the heavenly bodies were not created till the 4th day?

Genesis 1:

3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4. And God saw the light, and it was good; and God
divided the light from the darkness.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
If the earth were billions of years old, then nuclear decay would have made all uranium turn in to lead by now. Uranium therefore can't be that old. Also, an agnostic scientist said granite rock could not be formed by evolution. Granite is 5% uranium and the uranium is thoroughly mixed evenly in granite. He said it is like taking an Alka-Selzer while still fizzing and freeze it instantly. He said granite had to be created instantly. He also said they tried to recreate granite in a lab with the same atoms and material. They cannot do it by heat or by cold. It always separates. This scientist became a Christian because of granite rock and proof that it had to be created instantly.

Evolution also violates one of the laws of thermodynamics which states everything is in a state of decay, not evolving upward.

These two facts totally destroy evolution theory. Also, I though only communist athiests believe in evolution.

Mutations are not evolution. No existing animal is or has evolved into another. Mutated maybe but not evolved. Dogs and wolves can recreate, because they are in the same family of animals. Grizzlies and Polar bears can breed. Humans share 98% of DNA of [bleep], but we can't breed because we are entirely different and unique species. Wolves cannot breed with hyenas. Similar, but different species.

You mean all through history 2 fish didnt mutate into chickens at the same time in the same pond and then start propagating on land?

And then two chickens didnt suddenly have two mutated babies be cats? Or one chicken have two mutated cats of the opposite sex at the same time?

The small trace amounts of radioactive material found in granite decays rapidly into radon.... you cant quote a retarded ass post like that to support your “mythology”.... if granite was rockin 5% uranium, you really think we’d be rocking granite countertops in kitchens to make our food on? Lmao.

Uugghh...

PS - its not difficult to google how granites formed.... no agnostic scientist needed lol..

So tell me then how the rare mutations happened to produce the first two cats at the same time in the same neighborhood and were of the required opposite sex required for them to mate and reproduce?

Were there gradual changes in the creatures they changed from and if so, where did those intermediate life forms go? The sharks could survive and the salamanders they gradually became could survive, but where are the animals that were the link between them?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You realize that God neither wrote the Bible, nor dictated it to its authors, right? The books were written by multiple human authors under divine inspiration. That only means that, correctly interpreted, they are without error with regard to theological and moral matters. It doesn't necessarily mean that everything in it is to be interpreted in the literal sense.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The Egyptians had better divine inspiration I feel. Multiple gods, and look at what they achieved - legacies still able to be seen today.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 06/15/20.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TF49
DBT,

Here is what you said about “faith” ……

As faith is a belief held without the support of evidence it is a position that needs constant reinforcement, church, fellowship, reading selected material, etc. So if someone questions the faith, they are a threat to the faith.”

You clearly state that faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. I then quoted Hebrews 11:1….”“.... faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see....”

Faith like I am describing is not a belief held without the support of evidence. Let me delve into that.

See John 14:23…” Jesus replied, If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.”

Let me repeat…. “…we will make our home with him.”

See also, John 15:3…. “Remain in me and I will remain in you.”

When God is in you, when the Holy Spirit witnesses to your inner being, there is no doubt about it. This is not blind faith at all. It is belief based on a living and active relationship with God Himself.

So, how does this come about? The thief on the cross …. Luke 23…..knew he was a criminal and only a few crucial words are spoken…”Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. He replied to him, ‘Amen I say to you today you will be with me in Paradise.”

There is another example….Luke 18 ….. the Pharisee prayed but prayed out of pride…. then….the tax collector prayed….”But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ (Jesus then said…) I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God…..”

So, it is as simple as that…. here it is re-phrased: “Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.”

Then, God comes into your inner being and then, YOU KNOW.

Circular reasoning is a logical fallacy, not evidence.

Oh, it is indeed evidence. Not proof for you, but testimony. Testimony. Think about it. Testimony is accepted in courts of law.

It is also an explanation for the origin of faith.

Heard a story once about a man blind from birth who denied the existence of light because he had never seen it, never felt it and he rejected the testimony of the sighted people around him.

Do we accept testimony in a court of law from Anonymous sources?

Odd response.

Anyway, the sources are not anonymous and you know that...... but you would never admit that.

The fact is there a numerous firsthand and “eyewitness” testimonies. I am just one of many.

BUT, if you choose not to believe, then so be it.

Now you are just being dishonest. I expected better from you, but welcome to the world of Doc Eyeball.

So, please explain why you think I am “dishonest.”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Uugghh...

So tell me then how the rare mutations happened to produce the first two cats at the same time in the same neighborhood and were of the required opposite sex required for them to mate and reproduce?

Were there gradual changes in the creatures they changed from and if so, where did those intermediate life forms go? The sharks could survive and the salamanders they gradually became could survive, but where are the animals that were the link between them?

The answer is at the bottom of that handle man, just keep drinking and you’ll soon learn everything!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Egyptians had better divine inspiration I feel. Multiple gods, and look at what they achieved - legacies still able to be seen today.

The remains of the Jewish Temple are still there after
Rome turned the many acres site to rubble,... and
Masada is still there, well jews didn't build it coz its
a Natural formation, but the big mutha Roman seige
ramp is still there.. 👍

Ain't much monotheists can actually lay claim to.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
[Linked Image from darrellcreswell.files.wordpress.com]

Come move Pike's Peak for me with nothing but your Faith.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Uugghh...

Evolution works on population, not individuals, and over long periods of time.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by DBT

You ignore the nature of theory in science, which is used a narrative to explain actual observations and actual evidence. The evidence for evolution is more than sufficient to have proven the reality of evolution.

What remains is building on our understanding of how it works, which is where theory comes into it.

The theory of evolution is both fact and theory.
You denied that it was a theory, which was a mistake on your part. It certainly is, since, were it wrong, there would be a myriad of ways of disproving it, i.e., it is falsifiable. The fact that it hasn't been falsified, and only supported by observation across a wide body of research, is what makes it also an established fact in the ordinary sense of that word.

I denied nothing. I pointed out that evolution happens and scientists who study evolution work on theoretical models on how evolution works. Life evolves, scientific theory seeks to explain how it works. That's all.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

You realize that God neither wrote the Bible, nor dictated it to its authors, right? The books were written by multiple human authors under divine inspiration. That only means that, correctly interpreted, they are without error with regard to theological and moral matters. It doesn't necessarily mean that everything in it is to be interpreted in the literal sense.

That all depends on the form of Christianity one follows.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
DBT,

Here is what you said about “faith” ……

As faith is a belief held without the support of evidence it is a position that needs constant reinforcement, church, fellowship, reading selected material, etc. So if someone questions the faith, they are a threat to the faith.”

You clearly state that faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. I then quoted Hebrews 11:1….”“.... faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see....”

Faith like I am describing is not a belief held without the support of evidence. Let me delve into that.

See John 14:23…” Jesus replied, If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.”

Let me repeat…. “…we will make our home with him.”

See also, John 15:3…. “Remain in me and I will remain in you.”

When God is in you, when the Holy Spirit witnesses to your inner being, there is no doubt about it. This is not blind faith at all. It is belief based on a living and active relationship with God Himself.

So, how does this come about? The thief on the cross …. Luke 23…..knew he was a criminal and only a few crucial words are spoken…”Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. He replied to him, ‘Amen I say to you today you will be with me in Paradise.”

There is another example….Luke 18 ….. the Pharisee prayed but prayed out of pride…. then….the tax collector prayed….”But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ (Jesus then said…) I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God…..”

So, it is as simple as that…. here it is re-phrased: “Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.”

Then, God comes into your inner being and then, YOU KNOW.

Circular reasoning is a logical fallacy, not evidence.

Oh, it is indeed evidence. Not proof for you, but testimony. Testimony. Think about it. Testimony is accepted in courts of law.

It is also an explanation for the origin of faith.

Heard a story once about a man blind from birth who denied the existence of light because he had never seen it, never felt it and he rejected the testimony of the sighted people around him.

Do we accept testimony in a court of law from Anonymous sources?

Odd response.

Anyway, the sources are not anonymous and you know that...... but you would never admit that.

The fact is there a numerous firsthand and “eyewitness” testimonies. I am just one of many.

BUT, if you choose not to believe, then so be it.

Now you are just being dishonest. I expected better from you, but welcome to the world of Doc Eyeball.

So, please explain why you think I am “dishonest.”

Watch the video. Just as it describes, you know the authors of the gospels are anonymous, and, at best, repeating hearsay, both of which would disqualify them as testimony in a modern court.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Why in hell do you religionists (the anti-Darwinian, not the Darwinian ones) insist in grounding your arguments in losing premises? Do you enjoy getting your asses handed to you? The moment you frame the argument in terms of Biblical truth you are done. You've lost the argument. Stop embarrassing yourselves and the rest of us who think there is a rational case to be made for the existence of God.

Last edited by Tarquin; 06/15/20.

Tarquin
Page 16 of 95 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,948
Posts18,480,334
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.