Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 95 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 94 95
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Thankfully man will never be able to disprove the existence of God or an afterlife of glory for His followers.

If man could fully disprove it, I'd be worried about god's followers . Many need that carrot at the end of the stick to keep them from doing bad things, without it, they'd be the worse around.

The problem lies not with disproving the existence of God, but in the absence of evidence, proving the proposition. Which is why a belief in the existence of a God (which version?) is a matter of faith.

GB4

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
The Bible also says a day in Gods eyes is as a thousand years to man. So a literal 7 human or earth days may not be to God. Another fact. Honey bees use logarithms to tell distance to flowers to other bees with a brain the size of a pinhead. Some plants cannot survive without bees and the bees cannot survive without flowering plants. Which evolved first? I think they were created first.

The college professor who discovered the granite rock creation was at the University of Tennessee in the 1980's. Don't remember his name.

Yet genesis specifies six literal days of creation, mornings and evenings.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I'd be worried if we could prove GODS existence.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by DBT
The Bible also says a day in Gods eyes is as a thousand years to man. So a literal 7 human or earth days may not be to God. Another fact. Honey bees use logarithms to tell distance to flowers to other bees with a brain the size of a pinhead. Some plants cannot survive without bees and the bees cannot survive without flowering plants. Which evolved first? I think they were created first.

The college professor who discovered the granite rock creation was at the University of Tennessee in the 1980's. Don't remember his name.

reread it in Hebrew.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Why is that?

IC B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
Originally Posted by DBT

reread it in Hebrew.

It still specifies mornings and evenings, which is why it was translated as mornings and evenings and why that translation relates to the narrative of special creation.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Is that you on the left?

2nd from.. its sad

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT

Why is that?

It would prove GOD a liar.

It would cause asswholes to end up in HEAVEN. IOW, it would destroy Heaven.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The seven days of creation in Genesis 1 correlate to 7000 yrs of human history. The last 1000 yrs will be the millennial reign with Jesus Christ.

God revealed the end in Genesis 1. God revealed the end at the beginning.

“9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is no one else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.” Isaiah 46:9-10

God’s 7000-year calendar has been there since the very beginning. God sees a day as a 1000 years and 1000 years as a day.

Yet, there will be mockers and scoffers at the end times, just as we are seeing, and people willfully and boldly rejecting the Word of God.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Something isn't a fact if there are alternative explanations for what is observed.

Your belief is in evolution, mine is in creation. Neither can be proven, but there is evidence for both. Here's the rest of my post which Hawkeye responded to:

Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I thought you folks hashed this all out a few month back.

Big thread, many pages.

Can't remember who won.

Yep, been beat to death several times over many pages. Nobody "won" then, and nobody is going to win now. You will either die and find out what actually happened, or you will just die. Me, I think I know what happened and I expect to have it confirmed.

Sad that many allow the theory of evolution to prevent them from believing in Jesus.

On my screen there are 19 pages so far....and nobody's won...and nobody's going to win.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

reread it in Hebrew.

It still specifies mornings and evenings, which is why it was translated as mornings and evenings and why that translation relates to the narrative of special creation.

Hebrew word "boqor" can mean morning or dawn, but generally can mean the beginning (or "dawn") of any length period of time.
Hebrew word "ereb" can mean sunset or night, but generally can mean the ending of any length period of time.

Read Psalm 90:6 In the morning it [grass] flourishes, and sprouts anew; Toward evening it fades, and withers away.

Do you know of any grass that sprouts in the morning and dies the same day? No, it refers to a period of time greater than 12 or 24 hour, much more.

Likewise, the Hebrew word "Yom" is translated as "day". The Hebrew word and the English word can mean:
8 hours- I work and 8 hour day.
12 hours- Daylight lasts 12 hours.
24 hours- a whole day is the length of time it takes for the Earth to revolve once.
4 years- Ie. "In my day, I was a great college football player. "

In the Bible, Yom, ereb, and bogor are used these ways, sometimes to mean morning, evening, 24 hours or any number of beginnings, endings, or time periods.

You actually don't have to go very far to see an example of this.....
Gen 2:4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made earth and heaven.[color:#CC0000][/color]
Now, Genesis 1 refers to 6 days of Creation. Gen 2:4 says that it was 1 day (the day). If you are going to demand that Yom means 24 hours specifically, then what do you do with Gen 2:4? It calls 6 days "1 day".

No it does not always mean 24 hours., Yom can mean 24 hours or 24 years or 240 million years.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I thought you folks hashed this all out a few month back.

Big thread, many pages.

Can't remember who won. [quote]

That's why we are doing it again.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Bible also says a day in Gods eyes is as a thousand years to man. So a literal 7 human or earth days may not be to God. A

The Bible also says a day with the Lord is like a watch in the night. That's four hours. In other words time is irrelevant to God. After all He created time for our convenients.
The Bible was not written to God by for men. Therefore an evening and morning is to be understood as evening and morning: One solar.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
The Hebrew language in genesis does not demand a 7 day 24 hour per day creation. In fact, the contrary.

Were you smoking dope or drunk when you posted this?

no. why would you ask that? Do you understand more of Biblical Hebrew than me?

This answer tells me you were one or the other.

Everyday Hunter
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by antlers
If the earth were billions of years old, then nuclear decay would have made all uranium turn into lead by now.
This is simply not true. Over 99% of the naturally occurring uranium in the world is U-238, and its half-life is 4.5 billion years. That means that we have half as much U-238 in the world now as we did 4.5 billion years ago when the earth was formed. It also means that in another 4.5 billion years, we will still have half as much U-238 in the world then as we do now. And in another 9 billion years, we will still have half as much U-238 in the world then as we will have in another 4.5 billion years from now.

This goes back to assumption on top of assumption on top of assumption. You assume there was no daughter product in the beginning. You assume the rate has never changed. You assume none has been leached out or migrated into your sample. And there are many times more radiometric systems that show a much younger earth than show an older earth. The scientists who use the slow ones do so because they know they need billions of years for evolution to function. They are like the media. Dishonest.

With respect, Ringman, you do not understand ratioactive decay.

Different isotopes decay at different rates. Uranium? Billions of years. Carbon 14? Thousands of years. Some of the trans-uranium elements (those with atomic numbers higher than 92, which have been created by colliders) decay in seconds.

If one believes that the universe is only 7,000 years old, which you do but I don't, a 4.5 billion year old uranium half life would do nothing to prove or disprove that. All that would mean is that most uranium has not decayed yet. You have better arguments to make.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The Bible also says a day in Gods eyes is as a thousand years to man. So a literal 7 human or earth days may not be to God. Another fact. Honey bees use logarithms to tell distance to flowers to other bees with a brain the size of a pinhead. Some plants cannot survive without bees and the bees cannot survive without flowering plants. Which evolved first?

They co-evolved. Originally, the plants benefited from incidental contact with the bees, but didn't depend on them. Gradually, they came to depend on them. Same with the nectar vis a vis the bees.

Show your documentation for your information, please.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

reread it in Hebrew.

Hebrew word "boqor" can mean morning or dawn, but generally can mean the beginning (or "dawn") of any length period of time.
Hebrew word "ereb" can mean sunset or night, but generally can mean the ending of any length period of time.

Read Psalm 90:6 In the morning it [grass] flourishes, and sprouts anew; Toward evening it fades, and withers away.

Do you know of any grass that sprouts in the morning and dies the same day? No, it refers to a period of time greater than 12 or 24 hour, much more.

Likewise, the Hebrew word "Yom" is translated as "day". The Hebrew word and the English word can mean:
24 hours- a whole day is the length of time it takes for the Earth to revolve once.

In the Bible, Yom, ereb, and bogor are used these ways, sometimes to mean morning, evening, 24 hours or any number of beginnings, endings, or time periods.

Gen 2:4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made earth and heaven.[color:#CC0000][/color]
Now, Genesis 1 refers to 6 days of Creation. Gen 2:4 says that it was 1 day (the day). If you are going to demand that Yom means 24 hours specifically, then what do you do with Gen 2:4? It calls 6 days "1 day".

No it does not always mean 24 hours., Yom can mean 24 hours or 24 years or 240 million years.

If you were to use Hebrew and want to communicate six solar days, what words would you use?

Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The Hebrew language in genesis does not demand a 7 day 24 hour per day creation. In fact, the contrary.

Were you smoking dope or drunk when you posted this?

no. why would you ask that? Do you understand more of Biblical Hebrew than me?

This answer tells me you were one or the other.

your answer tells me that you have little to no understanding of Hebrew and that you don't know what you're talking about.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by antlers
If the earth were billions of years old, then nuclear decay would have made all uranium turn into lead by now.
This is simply not true. Over 99% of the naturally occurring uranium in the world is U-238, and its half-life is 4.5 billion years. That means that we have half as much U-238 in the world now as we did 4.5 billion years ago when the earth was formed. It also means that in another 4.5 billion years, we will still have half as much U-238 in the world then as we do now. And in another 9 billion years, we will still have half as much U-238 in the world then as we will have in another 4.5 billion years from now.

This goes back to assumption on top of assumption on top of assumption. You assume there was no daughter product in the beginning. You assume the rate has never changed. You assume none has been leached out or migrated into your sample. And there are many times more radiometric systems that show a much younger earth than show an older earth. The scientists who use the slow ones do so because they know they need billions of years for evolution to function. They are like the media. Dishonest.

With respect, Ringman, you do not understand ratioactive decay.

Different isotopes decay at different rates. Uranium? Billions of years. Carbon 14? Thousands of years. Some of the trans-uranium elements (those with atomic numbers higher than 92, which have been created by colliders) decay in seconds.

If one believes that the universe is only 7,000 years old, which you do but I don't, a 4.5 billion year old uranium half life would do nothing to prove or disprove that. All that would mean is that most uranium has not decayed yet. You have better arguments to make.

You are assuming God did not create a mature universe. How old were the plants the animals and people ate? God instructed his creation to multiply. How could they do that if they were less than mature?

Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

reread it in Hebrew.

Read Psalm 90:6 In the morning it [grass] flourishes, and sprouts anew; Toward evening it fades, and withers away. If yo

If you were to use Hebrew and want to communicate six solar days, what words would you use?

If you were to use Hebrew to communicate an indefinite period of time or a long period of time that had a beginning and an ending, what words would you use?

Page 19 of 95 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,948
Posts18,480,346
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.