Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 95 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 94 95
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Ringman
ask such a limited question. This sure does not leave room for water life to produce land life. There is no compatibility with evolution and Genesis One.

There! That has been my point for fifty years. We have incontrovertible evidence for one. The other, we have oral legends and mythology of ignomious origin handed down generation by generation for centuries until finally put to ink and paper and then translated, and retranslated, and altered to fit the political climate of each particular age.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
There! That has been my point for fifty years. We have incontrovertible evidence for one. The other, we have oral legends and mythology of ignomious origin handed down generation by generation for centuries until finally put to ink and paper and then translated, and retranslated, and altered to fit the political climate of each particular age.

Incontrovertible? What evidence do you have for the info in your post?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
A question for the literalists and young Earth believers.

We know there have been nine species within our Homo genus, including the "Red Deer Cave People" in China, H naledi in S Africa, the hobbits of the Phillipines- H luzonensis, H rhodesiensis of Central Africa.

We know that H neanderthalensis and H denisova lived alongside H sapiens and crossbred between the species. Many of us today carry DNA from one or both of these ancient species.

Where did the archeological evidence of these protohumans come from?

How did these other species cross breed with God's special chosen creation?

How many proto humans had a soul? Did Cro-Magnon have a soul?

Which cross breeds might have had a soul?

Finally, how did this all happen in 6000 to 7000 years since creation?

Your premise is totally flawed. There's no such thing as a proto human. All these ethnic groups were and are descendants of Adam and Eve. It's racist to think otherwise.

How can they be descendants of Adam and Eve when they are not even of the same species?

Not to mention, they predate the earliest human in many cases by millions of years.

?????
If all humans descended from Adam and Eve, and we know the birthplace of Humans is Africa. And we have traced and dated the movements of Black Africans out of Africa then across the globe.

Adam and Eve had to have been Black?????

Created in God's image? Where does that leave us?

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Incontrovertible? What evidence do you have for the info in your post?

One can walk into any natural history museum and see the evidence first hand. Or one can sit at the computer and google up the dates and timelines. Start with "Five major extinction level events in Earth's History".

Of course one must approach the subject with an open mind if one is to gain understanding.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by wabigoon
[Linked Image from calvaryoly.com]

[Linked Image from dailyverses.net]

Wab,

Pretty pictures, nice sentiment, but they are not evidence.

Have a great day my friend.

They have always got the shape of the cross wrong...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 358wsm
Originally Posted by antlers
Fortunately, one’s salvation does NOT depend on the Biblical story of Creation.
What then?
The Gospel.

The opportunity to have a relationship with a loving God who sent His son to reveal just how good He is...! And accepting His gift of grace.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
A question for the literalists and young Earth believers.

We know there have been nine species within our Homo genus, including the "Red Deer Cave People" in China, H naledi in S Africa, the hobbits of the Phillipines- H luzonensis, H rhodesiensis of Central Africa.

We know that H neanderthalensis and H denisova lived alongside H sapiens and crossbred between the species. Many of us today carry DNA from one or both of these ancient species.

Where did the archeological evidence of these protohumans come from?

How did these other species cross breed with God's special chosen creation?

How many proto humans had a soul? Did Cro-Magnon have a soul?

Which cross breeds might have had a soul?

Finally, how did this all happen in 6000 to 7000 years since creation?

Your premise is totally flawed. There's no such thing as a proto human. All these ethnic groups were and are descendants of Adam and Eve. It's racist to think otherwise.

How can they be descendants of Adam and Eve when they are not even of the same species?

Not to mention, they predate the earliest human in many cases by millions of years.

?????
If all humans descended from Adam and Eve, and we know the birthplace of Humans is Africa. And we have traced and dated the movements of Black Africans out of Africa then across the globe.

Adam and Eve had to have been Black?????

Created in God's image? Where does that leave us?

Ive said that to Jag’s extremely racist but, lol, somehow extremely Christians butt several times...

He doesnt ever respond hahahaha

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by BobBrown
All this is interesting, we should be wearing out the knees on our trousers, not our keyboards. Only One Thing is important.

All this is interesting, we should be wearing out the knees on our trousers, not our keyboards. Only One Thing is important.

Amen, brother.there is only one true way to Heaven and that is through our Savior, Jesus Christ!

This my way or the highway nonsense is why i rejected the Christian religion. I really believe that many other religions are just as "good" as yours.
There are many non-Christians that I would like to meet and sit and talk with. They were good people too.

'

Yes, sir. There have been lots of good people on Earth.

Yet when you look at most major wars or human travesties... the majority are based on differences in “faith”....

Good old god, the great cause of war...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
If the earth were billions of years old, then nuclear decay would have made all uranium turn into lead by now.
This is simply not true. Over 99% of the naturally occurring uranium in the world is U-238, and its half-life is 4.5 billion years. That means that we have half as much U-238 in the world now as we did 4.5 billion years ago when the earth was formed. It also means that in another 4.5 billion years, we will still have half as much U-238 in the world then as we do now. And in another 9 billion years, we will still have half as much U-238 in the world then as we will have in another 4.5 billion years from now.
This goes back to assumption on top of assumption on top of assumption. You assume there was no daughter product in the beginning. You assume the rate has never changed. You assume none has been leached out or migrated into your sample. And there are many times more radiometric systems that show a much younger earth than show an older earth. The scientists who use the slow ones do so because they know they need billions of years for evolution to function. They are like the media. Dishonest.
What I posted regarding the radioactive decay of U-238 is factual. It’s universally acknowledged, accepted, and agreed upon by all credible scientific minds that have any real knowledge of this subject matter. Our knowledge of radioactive half-lives isn’t guesswork, it is known...factual...information. That knowledge is used to calculate how long radioactive waste must be stored; it enables doctors to use radioactive medical tracers; and it allows us to date objects/artifacts - just a few examples of how sound knowledge of radioactive half-lives can be/is used. If you choose to think otherwise, so be it.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'd rather praise God than Argue

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
[/quote]What I posted regarding the radioactive decay of U-238 is factual. It’s universally acknowledged, accepted, and agreed upon by all credible scientific minds that have any real knowledge of this subject matter. Our knowledge of radioactive half-lives isn’t guesswork, it is known...factual...information. That knowledge is used to calculate how long radioactive waste must be stored; it enables doctors to use radioactive medical tracers; and it allows us to date objects/artifacts - just a few examples of how sound knowledge of radioactive half-lives can be/is used. If you choose to think otherwise, so be it.

The age of the Earth is estimated at 14.5 billion. The half life of U238 is 4.5 billion. So that indicates at formation of the Earth, there was a bit more than 8 times as much U238 present as is today. There are 16 (iirc) intermediate steps including Thorium, before an atom of U238 becomes lead, each step with its own half life number.

Hardly the same as "Every bit of U238 would be lead today."

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
If the earth were billions of years old, then nuclear decay would have made all uranium turn into lead by now.
This is simply not true. Over 99% of the naturally occurring uranium in the world is U-238, and its half-life is 4.5 billion years. That means that we have half as much U-238 in the world now as we did 4.5 billion years ago when the earth was formed. It also means that in another 4.5 billion years, we will still have half as much U-238 in the world then as we do now. And in another 9 billion years, we will still have half as much U-238 in the world then as we will have in another 4.5 billion years from now.
This goes back to assumption on top of assumption on top of assumption. You assume there was no daughter product in the beginning. You assume the rate has never changed. You assume none has been leached out or migrated into your sample. And there are many times more radiometric systems that show a much younger earth than show an older earth. The scientists who use the slow ones do so because they know they need billions of years for evolution to function. They are like the media. Dishonest.
What I posted regarding the radioactive decay of U-238 is factual. It’s universally acknowledged, accepted, and agreed upon by all credible scientific minds that have any real knowledge of this subject matter. Our knowledge of radioactive half-lives isn’t guesswork, it is known...factual...information. That knowledge is used to calculate how long radioactive waste must be stored; it enables doctors to use radioactive medical tracers; and it allows us to date objects/artifacts - just a few examples of how sound knowledge of radioactive half-lives can be/is used. If you choose to think otherwise, so be it.

You are truly brain washed. How long has radiometric dating been going on? Less than 120 years. You take that length of time and extrapolate it to 4,500,000,000 years and think nothing has changed!? I sure wouldn't bet my life or eternity on it.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The age of the Earth is estimated at 14.5 billion. The half life of U238 is 4.5 billion. So that indicates at formation of the Earth, there was a bit more than 8 times as much U238 present as is today. There are 16 (iirc) intermediate steps including Thorium, before an atom of U238 becomes lead, each step with its own half life number.

Hardly the same as "Every bit of U238 would be lead today."[/quote]

How 'bout the half life of the earth's magnetic field? Do you believe in it? It's been measured way longer than radiometric dating has.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 358wsm
Fortunately, one’s salvation does NOT depend on the Biblical story of Creation.
What then?
The Gospel.

The opportunity to have a relationship with a loving God who sent His son to reveal just how good He is...! And accepting His gift of grace.

antlers,
Thank you for getting back to me.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

How 'bout the half life of the earth's magnetic field? Do you believe in it? It's been measured way longer than radiometric dating has.
[/quote]

4.6 billion years
"As the uranium in rocks decays, it emits subatomic particles and turns into lead at a constant rate. Measuring the uranium-to-lead ratios in the oldest rocks on Earth gave scientists an estimated age of the planet of 4.6 billion years.

Many independent lines of scientific evidence show that the Earth and Universe are billions of years old. Current measurements yield an age of about 4.54 billion years for the Earth and about 13.8 billion years for the Universe"

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

I'm sure it won't be long before the fallacy is brought up again, and again.

Last edited by DBT; 06/16/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are truly brain washed.
laffin’
How long has radiometric dating been going on? Less than 120 years.
How long has space flight been going on...? A LOT less than 120 years...and science still knows quite a bit about it.
You take that length of time and extrapolate it to 4,500,000,000 years and think nothing has changed!?
The half-life of a specific radioactive isotope is constant. If you choose to think that the rate for that specific radioactive isotope ‘might’ have been different in the past, then so be it.
I sure wouldn't bet my life...on it.
If you get cancer and the oncologist recommends radiation therapy to save your life, you may feel differently then.
I sure wouldn’t bet my...eternity on it.
I’m not. My eternity doesn’t depend on the half-life of radioactive isotopes, or on the biblical story of creation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by szihn

On day 4 God made the Sun and the moon.

OK stop............
#1 Why would God make the sun after he made light. Later in scripture in a few places God is said to produce light and make light in Himself, so there would be light before God made the sun and stars, but would it not seem logical to make the sun before the earth? I believe God did it that way and recorded it that way for only 1 reason. To have a record that He was "the light' even before he gave us a star (the sun) to light the planet earth...

Light is a condition or state of matter; and the primeval
light could have been electric, due to condensation
and friction of the elements as they began to arrange
in order...A restless force of which light was a product

ie; "Let there be light" as a result of invoking such process.

With such primeval elements/agents also later
employed in forming other parts (4th day) as
more specific sources of light.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by DBT

I'm sure it won't be long before the fallacy is brought up again, and again.

Only off by 10 billion years.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Young earth creationism is off by over 13 billion years.

Page 22 of 95 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,248
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.