Hop To
Page 24 of 95 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 94 95
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Animals don't adopt archaic-primitive wishful thinking
mythology to provide false comfort
putting them way ahead of many humans.

These Christian folk need to remember Balaam
was saved by a donkey, not the donkey by Balaam.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
GB4

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Something isn't a fact if there are alternative explanations for what is observed.

Your belief is in evolution, mine is in creation. Neither can be proven, but there is evidence for both. Here's the rest of my post which Hawkeye responded to:

Originally Posted by Valsdad
I thought you folks hashed this all out a few month back.

Big thread, many pages.

Can't remember who won.

Yep, been beat to death several times over many pages. Nobody "won" then, and nobody is going to win now. You will either die and find out what actually happened, or you will just die. Me, I think I know what happened and I expect to have it confirmed.

Sad that many allow the theory of evolution to prevent them from believing in Jesus.

On my screen there are 19 pages so far....and nobody's won...and nobody's going to win.

I'm not sure this is about winning or losing. I believe it is more about Starman and antelope sniper and others seeking validation from others that their believe in an absence of God justifies and validates their belief of no greater power than man in the universe, and jaguartx and others merely stating their acceptance of the presence of God in their life and beliefs. It amazes me that the the non-believers in God must continuously blow these threads up to validate their reasoning and prove the believers in the existence of God wrong and ridicule them for their beliefs. I tend to side with the opinion of renegade about the whole thing and see no need to quote Einstein or the Freedom From Religion website to prove someone else with a different opinion wrong if they don't believe the same as I do and aren't willing to validate my beliefs also. If you don't believe in a greater presence than man, just move along and be comfortable in your own opinions and beliefs.

Christians are instructed to spread the gospel, so when discussions on the origin of the world pop up, we engage in these debates out of love for our fellow man and concern for their souls (even though it seems futile). I am not sure what motivates non-believers.

Understood completely. Which is why hopefully Christians will realize that Christ is a false god and following him is the pathway to hell. It is my love of my fellow man and my concern for their souls (even though it seems futile). I am not sure what motivates christians to follow a false prophet.

I pray for their souls.

Far out, what god is it that you are praying to? Where did you hear about him/her/it? What are the tenets of your faith? Sounds like you have a hell, too. What a coinkydink.

Why are you worried about what I believe? I'm sorry you are going to hell, but it's your choice.

And just like that. the man is condemned to a eternal existence of hellfire...!

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IF christians still had their way,
They'd convert people by the sword,
Then burn them at the stake
for being a heretic.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Starman
for being a heretic.

Christians do have their way. They even founded the greatest country on earth with tolerance non-believers.

Curious, did we ever find all of those missing links (water to land, ape to human, reptile to bird, etc) or are we still relying on faith in an evidence-based practice?

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by RayF
for being a heretic.

Christians do have their way. They even founded the greatest country on earth with tolerance non-believers.

Curious, did we ever find all of those missing links (water to land, ape to human, reptile to bird, etc) or are we still relying on faith in an evidence-based practice?

Wow, do you actually read ths stuff before you hit "post reply"...?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by johnn

So we haven’t found them? Asking for a friend.

- Socrates
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

So we haven’t found them? Asking for a friend.

Its called science, do your own research.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

But isn’t science based on evidence?

- Socrates
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
for being a heretic.

The evidence is there, including transitional fossils.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

But isn’t science based on evidence?

It is. That's why evolution is accepted as a reality by those who have studied evolution.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT

Interesting. I’ve read of fragments being found. A skeleton of a mammal that is still
debated, with a large number (and growing) of scientists believing it’s an extinct ape (Lucy)? A small section of ape femur found 15 ft away from number of human skull remains (Java man)?

Am I missing something here in regards to evidence?

- Socrates
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
That's why evolution is accepted as a reality by those who have studied evolution.

The same can be said of Christianity and those that study the bible. Accepting something as a reality based on evidence when the evidence is disputable (bringing into question the definition of evidence) requires faith in an unsubstantiated theory. By that measure, the theory of evolution is no more established than Christianity.

The fact is, there is no evidence of man’s evolution from another mammal. It’s as if he just appeared one day. To believe anything else is is a fact is based on faith.....not science

- Socrates
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
for being a heretic.

No. The species on each side of those fossils supposedly lived, but not the in between which would have had the advantage of both habitats or environments each was more adapted to but even so benefitted, couldnt survive?

I studied comparative anatomy in university and it didnt convince me. Passed also.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Curious, did we ever find all of those missing links (water to land, ape to human, reptile to bird, etc)?

Oh, my gosh, yes. Long ago. For you not to know this tells me you've been entirely incurious about the subject. Just watch the series I posted episode one of earlier in this thread. It will take you one afternoon to watch all of them. Each installment is less than ten minutes.

Here, I'll post it again:

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
For you not to know this tells me you've been entirely incurious about the subject.

That’s a bit presumptuous.

Just watch the series I posted episode one of earlier in this thread.

Okay, but before I potentially waste my time, please tell me: Does it have indisputable scientific evidence of an evolution in which we evolved from another species?

No “faith”required.......right?

I’ll wait for your reply.

- Socrates
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
For you not to know this tells me you've been entirely incurious about the subject.

Okay, but before I potentially waste my time, please tell me: Does it have indisputable scientific evidence of an evolution in which we evolved from another species?

The videos give an excellent summary....and yes, the evidence is more than sufficient to prove evolution. No faith needed.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

He presents the evidence known to science, yes. Lays it out very clearly. You can visit the various universities and museums around the world to personally inspect the evidence, if you believe yourself to be qualified to make a sound assessment of them. Do you have a strong biology background?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If you start from the premise that there is no God or if there is, he couldn't or didn't create the world as the Bible states, then of course you will believe in evolution. At that point, there is really no other explanation for what we see around us. However, if you start with the premise that there is a God and he could indeed create the world as described in the Bible, then you will find that evolution is not the irrefutable fact that it is portrayed as being.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by DBT
That's why evolution is accepted as a reality by those who have studied evolution.

The same can be said of Christianity and those that study the bible. Accepting something as a reality based on evidence when the evidence is disputable (bringing into question the definition of evidence) requires faith in an unsubstantiated theory. By that measure, the theory of evolution is no more established than Christianity.

The fact is, there is no evidence of man’s evolution from another mammal. It’s as if he just appeared one day. To believe anything else is is a fact is based on faith.....not science

“The human lineage of  Australopithecus afarensis, Homo habilis, Homo erectus, Neanderthals and Homo sapiens.”
“Human evolution, the process by which human beings developed on Earth from now-extinct primates. Viewed zoologically, we humans are Homo sapiens, a culture-bearing upright-walking species that lives on the ground and very likely first evolved in Africa about 315,000 years ago. We are now the only living members of what many zoologists refer to as the human tribe, Hominini, but there is abundant fossil evidence to indicate that we were preceded for millions of years by other hominins, such as Ardipithecus, Australopithecus, and other species of Homo, and that our species also lived for a time contemporaneously with at least one other member of our genus, H. neanderthalensis (the Neanderthals).”
Encyclopedia Britannica

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

. I believe it is more about Starman and antelope sniper and others seeking validation from others that their believe in an absence of God justifies and validates their belief of no greater power than man in the universe,

Where have I ever stated that No Form [of what
you chose to call God ] exists?

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I believe it is more about Starman and antelope sniper and others seeking validation from others that their believe in an absence of God justifies and validates their belief of no greater power than man in the universe,

Show me where I've asserted that there is not greater power than man in the universe.

That's just TFF. Enlighten my simpleton heart. Who or what is this "greater power than man" you both believe in?

Page 24 of 95 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,302 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,955
Posts18,480,430
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.