Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 95 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 94 95
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by RayF

Curious, did we ever find all of those missing links (water to land, ape to human, reptile to bird, etc)?

Oh, my gosh, yes. Long ago. For you not to know this tells me you've been entirely incurious about the subject. Just watch the series I posted episode one of earlier in this thread. It will take you one afternoon to watch all of them. Each installment is less than ten minutes.

Here, I'll post it again:

This atheist activist clown ran for the Texas state senate a few years ago (unsuccessfully). He is so hung up on evolution that his name has now evolved to just Aron Ra.

GB4

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He presents the evidence known to science, yes. Lays it out very clearly.

I don’t know what “it” is, but “it” isn’t indisputable.

I watched episode 1, 2 and the episode addressing the Noah’s ark. A few glaring issues that I’m sure you’ll dismiss because they’re not scientific law, but evolutionists seem to have no problem passing theory off as such.

First, his sarcastic tone reveals an obviously bias, which is not exactly the “open-minded” approach a person would expect to see from a practitioner that demands such from his audience.

Second, he likes to slip in words like “likely” and “markers” which suggests evidence, but really isn’t.

Lastly, even though we have thousands of fossils before and after these evolutional species transformations, he goes over the transforming “evidence“ so quick and generally (while flashing a skeleton of a.....frog?) that it’s really not addressed. It’s literally 2-3 seconds.

So while there seems to be a lot of good scientific information, to base a theory on, it is just that..... theory. The only problem is, it’s too often passed as law.

I guess the equivalent is that Jesus is stated in numerous writings of theologians and scholars of all walks. Even Atheists. So what, you say? There was some dude named Jesus that told people he was the Son of God and died on a cross. Doesn’t prove anything....except there just as much physical evidence that God exists as we come from apes. The big difference is, however, Christianity is based on faith and requires no physical evidence. Evolution, however, is based on physical evidence and requires a significant amount of faith.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
There was no episode about Noah's Ark. You must have switched to something else he produced. Just watch the Systematic Classifications series to the end.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by johnn
Wow, do you actually read ths stuff before you hit "post reply"...?

So we haven’t found them? Asking for a friend.

Earlier in this thread, someone asks atheist should debate Christians. Ray's a good example. Because of his faith, he's not even permitted to believe basic scientific facts, but instead must deny them in order to preserve an illusion of truth for his preferred myth. There are many more just like Ray who think his myths should be taught in our schools and real science should not. This is an example of how belief in something untrue can negatively impact the real world, and not just the believer but others as well.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
The evidence is there, including transitional fossils.

Interesting. I’ve read of fragments being found. A skeleton of a mammal that is still
debated, with a large number (and growing) of scientists believing it’s an extinct ape (Lucy)? A small section of ape femur found 15 ft away from number of human skull remains (Java man)?

Am I missing something here in regards to evidence?

You are missing a whole lot.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There was no episode about Noah's Ark. You must have switched to something else he produced. Just watch the Systematic Classifications series to the end.

Thanks, but no thanks. I reckon I wasted as much time as I’m willing to. Interesting, but not compelling.

If y’all find that indisputable physical evidence on which real science is based, let me know. Thanks.

- Socrates
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
For you not to know this tells me you've been entirely incurious about the subject.

That’s a bit presumptuous.

Just watch the series I posted episode one of earlier in this thread.

Okay, but before I potentially waste my time, please tell me: Does it have indisputable scientific evidence of an evolution in which we evolved from another species?

No “faith”required.......right?

I’ll wait for your reply.

Not disputable by any rational, honest person.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Thanks, but no thanks. I reckon I wasted as much time as I’m willing to. Interesting, but not compelling.

If y’all find that indisputable physical evidence on which real science is based, let me know. Thanks.

If you prefer to remain ignorant, that's your choice.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
If you start from the premise that there is no God or if there is, he couldn't or didn't create the world as the Bible states, then of course you will believe in evolution. At that point, there is really no other explanation for what we see around us. However, if you start with the premise that there is a God and he could indeed create the world as described in the Bible, then you will find that evolution is not the irrefutable fact that it is portrayed as being.

Oh, so if you don't just start by examining the evidence, but just pre-suppose that some god did it, despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary.

What evidence do you have that the Bible is "True"? Why should anyone believe anything in the Bible, or any other holy book for that matter?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

Curious, did we ever find all of those missing links (water to land, ape to human, reptile to bird, etc)?

Oh, my gosh, yes. Long ago. For you not to know this tells me you've been entirely incurious about the subject. Just watch the series I posted episode one of earlier in this thread. It will take you one afternoon to watch all of them. Each installment is less than ten minutes.

Here, I'll post it again:

This atheist activist clown ran for the Texas state senate a few years ago (unsuccessfully). He is so hung up on evolution that his name has now evolved to just Aron Ra.

He went by Aron Ra for decades before he ran for office. Regardless the information he's providing is a good summary of the current science around evolution.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by Starman

. I believe it is more about Starman and antelope sniper and others seeking validation from others that their believe in an absence of God justifies and validates their belief of no greater power than man in the universe,

Where have I ever stated that No Form [of what
you chose to call God ] exists?

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I believe it is more about Starman and antelope sniper and others seeking validation from others that their believe in an absence of God justifies and validates their belief of no greater power than man in the universe,

Show me where I've asserted that there is not greater power than man in the universe.

That's just TFF. Enlighten my simpleton heart. Who or what is this "greater power than man" you both believe in?

So you can't demonstrate where I've made such an assertion, and have no idea what I really believe on the subject. Nice attempt at "straw-manning".

You are the one who believes in some god. Define your god and lets here your evidence.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
He presents the evidence known to science, yes. Lays it out very clearly.

I don’t know what “it” is, but “it” isn’t indisputable.

I watched episode 1, 2 and the episode addressing the Noah’s ark. A few glaring issues that I’m sure you’ll dismiss because they’re not scientific law, but evolutionists seem to have no problem passing theory off as such.

First, his sarcastic tone reveals an obviously bias, which is not exactly the “open-minded” approach a person would expect to see from a practitioner that demands such from his audience.

Second, he likes to slip in words like “likely” and “markers” which suggests evidence, but really isn’t.

Lastly, even though we have thousands of fossils before and after these evolutional species transformations, he goes over the transforming “evidence“ so quick and generally (while flashing a skeleton of a.....frog?) that it’s really not addressed. It’s literally 2-3 seconds.

So while there seems to be a lot of good scientific information, to base a theory on, it is just that..... theory. The only problem is, it’s too often passed as law.

I guess the equivalent is that Jesus is stated in numerous writings of theologians and scholars of all walks. Even Atheists. So what, you say? There was some dude named Jesus that told people he was the Son of God and died on a cross. Doesn’t prove anything....except there just as much physical evidence that God exists as we come from apes. The big difference is, however, Christianity is based on faith and requires no physical evidence. Evolution, however, is based on physical evidence and requires a significant amount of faith.

Ray,

Serious question. Did you make it past the 8th grade?

Did you go to school in some really backwards state, or graduate in the 1920's before much of this was learned?

Or do you just not care because modern science conflicts with your fundamentalist version of Christianity?

You are so scientifically illiterate, you don't even know the difference between fact, law, hypothesis, and theory.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Here's a great place for you to start:
Denver Museum of Nature & Science

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

. I believe it is more about Starman and antelope sniper and others seeking validation from others that their believe in an absence of God justifies and validates their belief of no greater power than man in the universe,

I believe it is more about Starman and antelope sniper and others seeking validation from others that their believe in an absence of God justifies and validates their belief of no greater power than man in the universe,

Show me where I've asserted that there is not greater power than man in the universe.

That's just TFF. Enlighten my simpleton heart. Who or what is this "greater power than man" you both believe in?

So you can't demonstrate where I've made such an assertion, and have no idea what I really believe on the subject. Nice attempt at "straw-manning".

You are the one who believes in some god. Define your god and lets here your evidence.

Please enlighten me on your beliefs. I admit that I don't spend the time on this forum that a lot of you do and I have missed where you have posted your beliefs in a "greater force that man". If you would be so kind as to repost your thoughts on the subject again, it might provide the scratch to the itch that many such as myself and possibly other can't seem to quite reach. That's not really too much to ask is it?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ray,

Serious question. Did you make it past the 8th grade?

Did you go to school in some really backwards state, or graduate in the 1920's before much of this was learned?

Or do you just not care because modern science conflicts with your fundamentalist version of Christianity?

You are so scientifically illiterate, you don't even know the difference between fact, law, hypothesis, and theory.

LOL, well I’m not going to trade thinly veiled personal attacks with you, but I don’t believe any of those questions are serious. wink

I will point out, however, that as intelligent as you are, you chose to focus on my misused terms and avoid addressing the point that was made. We all have our challenges.

I’ll give you last word.

- Socrates
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
How can they be descendants of Adam and Eve when they are not even of the same species?

Not to mention, they predate the earliest human in many cases by millions of years.

?????
If all humans descended from Adam and Eve, and we know the birthplace of Humans is Africa. And we have traced and dated the movements of Black Africans out of Africa then across the globe.

Adam and Eve had to have been Black?????

Created in God's image? Where does that leave us?

Again your premise if flawed. You are assuming evolution. You are assuming millions of years, for which there is good evidence are figments of a fertile imagination. For some reason there are "missing links" for humans but none for cats, rats, bats or any number of creatures. The fossil record should be very difficult to determine what is what, but that is not what we find. It is easy to say, "Look! I found a fish," or "Look! I found an elephant."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
There! That has been my point for fifty years. We have incontrovertible evidence for one. The other, we have oral legends and mythology of ignomious origin handed down generation by generation for centuries until finally put to ink and paper and then translated, and retranslated, and altered to fit the political climate of each particular age.

Incontrovertible? What evidence do you have for the info in your post?

One can walk into any natural history museum and see the evidence first hand. Or one can sit at the computer and google up the dates and timelines. Start with "Five major extinction level events in Earth's History".

Of course one must approach the subject with an open mind if one is to gain understanding.

You are dreaming. The curator starts with evolution is a fact and anything that refutes that is rejected. Take a look for yourself at the movie, "Expelled. No Intelligence Allowed."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Please enlighten me on your beliefs. I admit that I don't spend the time on this forum that a lot of you do and I have missed where you have posted your beliefs in a "greater force that man". If you would be so kind as to repost your thoughts on the subject again, it might provide the scratch to the itch that many such as myself and possibly other can't seem to quite reach. That's not really too much to ask is it?

Chucky,

Just because no theist to date's been able to provide sufficient evidence to their god claims, this in no way translates to "there's no greater power than man". That's an absurd logical fallacy know as a "false dichotomy". If someone wished to claim "there is no greater power than man in the Universe", that's it's own separate claim that must rise or fall on it's own body of evidence.

Let me ask you this. Are you so arrogant and filled with hubris to claim that if your god does not exist, that automatically means "Man is the greatest force is the Universe"? Really? That requires a level a hubris that I just don't have. Do other interstellar civilizations exist? They sure could. Are there any with "greater power" than ours? I don't know.

There are many things in the Universe beyond our control. Here's a simple example:

A single gamma ray burst too close to the earth and we are DONE, and there's nothing all of humanity could do about it.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Ringman

Again your premise if flawed. You are assuming evolution. You are assuming millions of years, for which there is good evidence are figments of a fertile imagination. For some reason there are "missing links" for humans but none for cats, rats, bats or any number of creatures. The fossil record should be very difficult to determine what is what, but that is not what we find. It is easy to say, "Look! I found a fish," or "Look! I found an elephant."

Actually, there are missing links for cats, etc. Lots of them.

The ones for humans get a lot more attention--and grant money--because we are more interested in our origins than in other animals. Aren't you?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some people appear to have religious beliefs that are so shaky and tenuous that they’re afraid the least little puff of scientific knowledge will blow it away...! Even though their very lives are made WAY better by science every single day of their life...! If one’s belief in God depends upon the non-existence of dinosaurs or the universe not being billions of years old, then they are in more trouble than they know regarding their faith...and how weakly convicted they appear to be regarding their faith.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 25 of 95 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,268
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.