Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 95 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 94 95
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

There are many things in the Universe beyond our control. Here's a simple example:
A single gamma ray burst too close to the earth and we are DONE, and there's nothing all of humanity could do about it.

They could pray to their god(s) to prevent such a catastrophe in the first place . . . crazy

Originally Posted by johnn
Why would a loving god condemn a man of low intelligence because he didnt have faith?

Because modern Christianity is about control and power.

GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
. Again, I am not asking what your posts revolve around. I am asking specifically what your own personal beliefs are.. .

I told you I don't pretend to know either way.

But seems like you want me to invent an opnion
supporting one or the other?

one does not require a "taking sides" opinion to scrutinize Christian claims [as widely varied as
they be within the "church".]

IF there are any Christian claims which you
believe, which ones are they?.. and why do
you take them as being true?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

And just like that. the man is condemned to a eternal existence of hellfire...!

I'm just trying to do what any good christian would do.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

There are many things in the Universe beyond our control. Here's a simple example:
A single gamma ray burst too close to the earth and we are DONE, and there's nothing all of humanity could do about it.

They could pray to their god(s) to prevent such a catastrophe in the first place . . . crazy

Why would a loving god condemn a man of low intelligence because he didnt have faith?

Note to johnn:

Faith is not a matter intellect, but a matter of “the heart.” One does not have to be “intelligent” to develop a relationship with Jesus. I personally know some very fine Christian men that would not be thought of as “intelligent.” They are however, thought to be “wise.”

Further, I have heard some say that a man who thinks himself to be “smart” is at a disadvantage when it come to salvation as his pride and ego get in the way. Maybe one would rather be dumb and humble than smart and prideful.

Quite a few teachings on this in the Bible.

Btw.... one does not have to understand how the earth was formed, created or what it is destined for to be saved. It’s a heart matter.... honest seeking, repentant, placing oneself before Jesus.... and asking.

See justified tax collector or thief on the cross.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by jaguartx

His god is GOD.

I don't think so, Jag. I think he is being facetious and denigrating the concern Christians have for others' souls. So be it.

No, not in the least. There is only One God and you'll burn in hell for not believing in Him.

I pray for your hell bound soul.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Yep, like a little child has the sense to do with a loving father. Why, because HE is a loving FATHER, even if he doesn't "love" HIS like some of them.think HE should.

Of course, those same people do as their little children always want them to, dont they?

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/17/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Starman

Where have I ever stated that No Form [of what
you chose to call God ] exists?

Who says any such God is actually like the Judeo
Christian primitive narrative one?

Countless unanswered prayers do not support
a christian God... and stories of miracles that
Christians say could all be allegorical /myth
do not support a Christian God.

One has got as much chance of succcess praying
to what Christians call false gods.

Christians are basically saying their feeble imaginations
are superior to all others.

You and AS and the rest of the swine will just have to live with the fact that numerous Christians believe by faith the Holy Bible is the inherent word of God spoken through the prophets. You don't like it, too bad, and believe what you wish. just as I will do. Like I told the intellectually dishonest AS many times before, some day we'll see won't we?

If you are the light, I'll happily run to the dark.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Rem, HE didnt say us believers have to be perfect. HE has more leeway than you. HE said ,"See if he be for or against me."

I hope HE doesn't fulfill the fruit of those words.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I am convinced Dr. Kindell is correct when he says the intellectual rejects Jesus for the same reason the garbage man or politician does. They prefer to run their own life instead of submit to a Higher Authority.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TF49

Note to johnn:

Faith is not a matter intellect, but a matter of “the heart.” One does not have to be “intelligent” to develop a relationship with Jesus. I personally know some very fine Christian men that would not be thought of as “intelligent.” They are however, thought to be “wise.”

Further, I have heard some say that a man who thinks himself to be “smart” is at a disadvantage when it come to salvation as his pride and ego get in the way. Maybe one would rather be dumb and humble than smart and prideful.

Btw.... one does not have to understand how the earth was formed, created or what it is destined for to be saved. It’s a heart matter.... honest seeking, repentant, placing oneself before Jesus.... and asking.

Follow on thought:

A little bit melodramatic, but true...here’s the short version.

A young person came to me once. Upset and unhappy that they were not “smart” like the other young folk. Also upset that there were some very real psychiatric issues present that were making life difficult.

I asked this person to think about a poor boy with crippled up legs and in a wheelchair. I asked if when this boy died and went to be with Jesus, if he would still be crippled up. She was aghast and told me No!

So, I asked if the brains that people had were all equal? ......”No, some are smart and some not smart, and some like “me” are goofed up.” Ok, the brain is a physical organ, and your brain like that young boy’s legs will be healed and ok, in heaven. The light came on and there was hope.

Now, some of you will immediately castigate me for giving some kid false hope in something that is not true....and telling them lies. Nope, that is rejected. Search the Scriptures about this.

Also, let me go a step further....... I would not be surprised at all, if in Heaven, we are all “smart.” I expect we will all have the same intellectual capacity. I think it might be this way; on earth, some of us are “5’s” on the intelligence scale. Some of us may be “2’s” ... But in heaven, we will all be “100’s.”

One more and I will quit.... “.....ain’t nobody gonna be ugly in heaven!”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If one were to submit to the Higher Authority.

then theyd believe in accountability.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Note to johnn:

Follow on thought:

A little bit melodramatic, but true...here’s the short version.

A young person came to me once. Upset and unhappy that they were not “smart” like the other young folk. Also upset that there were some very real psychiatric issues present that were making life difficult.

I asked this person to think about a poor boy with crippled up legs and in a wheelchair. I asked if when this boy died and went to be with Jesus, if he would still be crippled up. She was aghast and told me No!

So, I asked if the brains that people had were all equal? ......”No, some are smart and some not smart, and some like “me” are goofed up.” Ok, the brain is a physical organ, and your brain like that young boy’s legs will be healed and ok, in heaven. The light came on and there was hope.

Now, some of you will immediately castigate me for giving some kid false hope in something that is not true....and telling them lies. Nope, that is rejected. Search the Scriptures about this.

Also, let me go a step further....... I would not be surprised at all, if in Heaven, we are all “smart.” I expect we will all have the same intellectual capacity. I think it might be this way; on earth, some of us are “5’s” on the intelligence scale. Some of us may be “2’s” ... But in heaven, we will all be “100’s.”

Now I feel bad for slamming JGRaider. Thanks for sharing

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
I am convinced Dr. Kindell is correct when he says the intellectual rejects Jesus for the same reason the garbage man or politician does. They prefer to run their own life instead of submit to a Higher Authority.

No.

I reject your claims due to a lack of sufficient evidence.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
And I bet they will all make great biscuits. Great peach cobbler like Barry and great brisket like KW and Roger, too.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Then I guess there's hope for you yet. wink

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[. I think it might be this way; on earth, some of us are “5’s” on the intelligence scale. Some of us may be “2’s” ... But in heaven, we will all be “100’s.”

Why not just ZERO in the humbled presence
of a glorified God?

IF it's a matter of the heart as TF49 says,
what need is there for intelligence in a heaven?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Note to johnn:

What about the Faith of the Muslims, or Hindus, or Shinto's, Buddhist, or Ásatruar. If Faith is a pathway to truth, who can you claim yours is true and theirs is not. Since these faiths are mutually exclusive, how do you tell which one is true?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Yes, there is hope.

Btw, I mentioned this before .. I expect there will be animals, but no death in heaven. At a campfire one night this came up..... when in heaven and hungering for a steak.. What do you do????.. Well, just go on over to the “ribeye tree” and grab one!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Yes, there is hope.

Btw, I mentioned this before .. I expect there will be animals, but no death in heaven. At a campfire one night this came up..... when in heaven and hungering for a steak.. What do you do????.. Well, just go on over to the “ribeye tree” and grab one!

What about the bacon wrapped lobster tree and a couple of Valkyries to go with it?

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Yep, the lion will lay down with the lamb.

What would heaven be without our dogs?

It will be paradise.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 27 of 95 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,204
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.