-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 45 of 95 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 94 95
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We’ve discussed beliefs on this thread a lot. The juice goes out of Christianity though, when it becomes too based on beliefs rather than on living like Jesus, or seeing the world as Jesus saw it. The juice goes out of it when it’s all about what a person believes as opposed to what a person does.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
We’ve discussed beliefs on this thread a lot. The juice goes out of Christianity though, when it becomes too based on beliefs rather than on living like Jesus, or seeing the world as Jesus saw it. The juice goes out of it when it’s all about what a person believes as opposed to what a person does.
I think I may be agreeing with you. Will go back and see what else you have to say in other posts.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
There are more than enough transitional fossils to prove evolution.

Ah. But this is where individuals touting science muddy the waters. You claim micro evolutional traits in other species as “proof” of macroevolution in man. That’s not science. That’s using science to justify your faith.

Originally Posted by DBT
It's been posted numerous times and typically rejected out of hand because it is inconvenient for a belief in special creation. Why would it be different this time?

LOL. No. It’s been posted many times as a convenient example for people believing that men came from apes but having no way to prove it through their method: The scientific method.

They insult the opinions of others, saying faith in a God is made up because the presence of God can’t be “proven” and suggest christianity is based on nothing but faith. Then, the same people use the same measure of “faith” to suggest men’s descending from apes is “proven”. I find it interesting that I received scathing insult for not using scientific terms in their most absolute definition, yet no one championing evolution has commented on your use of hypothesis and proven. Inconvenient, indeed.

Faith is a religious unit of measure and all that is needed in christianity. I’ve never seen the word “faith” used in the scientific method. The closest thing is a thesis or hypothesis and a true scientific mind would never treat a hypothesis like a proven theory. A true scientific mind wouldn’t even treat an unproven theory like a proven one. Yet, here we are.....without a missing link.....pointing at other species and suggesting it is good science to apply that evolutionary occurrence to that of man. That, sir, is faith.......not science. I believe in science, but the manipulation of the scientific method seen here is the same as any radical religious belief encountered. Those that demand and passionately argue that man descended from apes instead of suggesting it is a possibility are religious zealots of another form.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Well, there is that.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
I think I may be agreeing with you. Will go back and see what else you have to say in other posts.

The Bible stories were written for a reason. That was for GODs people to know the truth of the history of Christ.

Of course, it tells us to not deceive ourselves by only knowing the world and to live the way HE was. HE demonstrated the examples for us to strive to live by.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Here Jag, let's ask it this way.

How many times did God come to this planet and seed it with life?

Because we can easily see the various dominant life forms in the era before each of five extinction level events. Each era with totally different life forms than the era before or after. The remains are there for any to see in the various layers of sediment.

The most recent and best understood extinction event being the Chicxulub meteor strike 66 million years ago. We can see the crater. We can see the debris field scattered from the 12 mile deep and 93 mile diameter crater.
We can see the reptile fossils (dinosaurs) below that debris field. (But absolutely no great dinosaurs above the debris field.) We can see the succeeding mammalian fossils beginning above that debris field. We can see the nature and the size of those mammals change through the millennia in the various layers of sediment. We find early felines, and canines, and ursus, and equus, and bovines, and hominids. etc, etc scattered through the layers over 66 million years until we reach modern day and modern animals.

So, did God come to Earth and seed the Earth with the reptiles at the beginning of their time. And did God then revisit the Earth 66 million years ago and seed it with mammals? And where was Man, during the first 60 million years of "the age of mammals"?

Who said HE had to come to earth to create those animals? HE told of the behemoths roaming the hills long ago.

I dont hold to a day being exactly a thousand years. I think it is to illustrate that to HIM, time is nothing. After all, HE made it.

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by MickeyD
Originally Posted by DBT
When it comes to evolution, Kent Hovind has zero credibility. Evolution is an established fact....any contraversy or need to modify is related to the mechanisms of evolution, not the fact of it.

Pleas define evolution and offer specific proof that it is, indeed, fact?

Roll up the sleeves, there is work to be done:
Universal common decent.

"Nothing you've posted is testable proof. It's all theory. Universal common decent is a general descriptive THEORY....."
Proof requires direct, tangible, demonstrable, testable EVIDENCE that yields identical results, not conjecture. Macro evolution is not provable without all of the above.
Without that, it is ONLY theory and theory is nothing more than an idea or thoughts that have yet to be proven.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nothing you've posted is testable proof. It's all theory. Universal common decent is a general descriptive THEORY....."
Proof requires direct, tangible, demonstrable, testable EVIDENCE that yields identical results, not conjecture. Macro evolution is not provable without all of the above.
Without that, it is ONLY theory and theory is nothing more than an idea or thoughts that have yet to be proven.

They know this, Mickey. That’s why the only responses are insults, misappropriation of science, application of philosophy or deflections to loosely related religious topics (like Paul).

- Socrates
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus referred to His dedicated followers as “disciples”. The term ‘Christian’ is oftentimes all about what a person believes...and the term ‘disciple’ is more about what a person does.

Jesus told us the defining characteristic of what it was to be one of His disciples.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Jesus referred to His dedicated followers as “disciples”. The term ‘Christian’ is oftentimes all about what a person believes...and the term ‘disciple’ is more about what a person does.

Jesus told us the defining characteristic of what it was to be one of His disciples.

Good point. Thanks.

PS. And HIS people as sheep?

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/22/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RayF
Nothing you've posted is testable proof. It's all theory. Universal common decent is a general descriptive THEORY....."

They know this, Mickey. That’s why the only responses are insults, misappropriation of science, application of philosophy or deflections to loosely related religious topics (like Paul).

TONS of strong evidence has been posted on here supporting Evolution.
It is a done deal and because it is science it will continually be reinforced.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Misappropriation of science. “Evidence” is a suggestion that is not conclusive, therefore, it is not a “...done deal.”

- Socrates
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

What about TONS of evidence actually PROVING (macro) evolution, not just supporting a flawed, unproven theory. See my earlier post concerning the elements needed for proving fact. Until ALL those elements are met, it's far from a done deal.
Proof requires testing. Testing that yields identical results assumptions don't matter. Anything less than that and all you have is theory.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
That's what the left, unbelievers, are saying about Hydroxychloroquine.

Unlike many, if I get C-19, I will gladly take it

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/22/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Proof requires testing. Testing that yields identical results assumptions don't matter. Anything less than that and all you have is theory.

By that criterion you can't prove that anything in the Bible actually happened.

Some of the Hebrew history part did, however, happen. We have corroboration from other sources.

It's fairly easy to prove, though, that much it simply didn't happen. The whole book of Genesis is one example.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by jaguartx

From all that I've read, taking it as early as possible after exposure can make huge difference in the results.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx

From all that I've read, taking it as early as possible after exposure can make huge difference in the results.

My dr bud who has treated many and lost none says it's almost a sure thing. He has successfully treated even several of 65 and one lady was in bad health with diabetes iirc and two kinds of cancer she was taking chemo for and she had been I'll and in bed a week before TX was started.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

By that criterion you can't prove that anything in the Bible actually happened.

Some of the Hebrew history part did, however, happen. We have corroboration from other sources.

It's fairly easy to prove, though, that much it simply didn't happen. The whole book of Genesis is one example.

If you accept that proof requires testing, then all that you can "prove" is that no one else has been able to create the world as described in Genesis. But neither can you "prove" evolution. Both require acceptance of something that is humanly unprovable, which I believe is by design. So, once again, it comes back to which premise you are going to start with. That is a choice we each have. Choose well.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

What about TONS of evidence actually PROVING (macro) evolution, not just supporting a flawed, unproven theory. See my earlier post concerning the elements needed for proving fact. Until ALL those elements are met, it's far from a done deal.

Evolution IS a Theory. It is not proven Fact. THAT is why it is still a Theory...
It is one of the most substantiated theory I can think of. Pick up a fossil, any fossil...
LIKE I SAID: “TONS of strong evidence has been posted on here supporting Evolution. It is a done deal and because it is science it will continually be reinforced.”
The gaps in any theory is what makes them so interesting to study. Pick up a wagon load of fossils...

Biblical Creation is not supported by evidence. In fact, it does not stand up to anything close to proof.

AND LIKE HE SAID: “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Depends on how you interpret the evidence, I would think.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Page 45 of 95 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 44 invisible), 2,725 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,628
Posts18,474,244
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.