Print Thread
Hop To
Page 46 of 95 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 94 95
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Depends on how you interpret the evidence, I would think.

Lots of evidence on Evolution to interpret...study with open eyes and a critical mind.

Not so much on Creation. Closed minds reading an open book.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB4

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Unbelievers dont understand why believers dont seek scientific proof as they want.

It's a tenant of Faith, the hingepin of belief and would defy GODS instruction.

Also, if there were proof of Heaven and God, unbelievers would believe and there would be no need for the lake of fire. No unbelievers thrown in the lake of fire would make God a liar.

HE gave us free will to choose. If there was proof, people would believe by evidence and not the free will to choose.

It would be as if HE had coerced them.

Who wants to be in Heaven with those who were coerced or forced to be there.

It would be like the US where those born here get the benefits that essentially are a coercive force to be here. Not good.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Lots of evidence on Evolution to interpret...study with open eyes and a critical mind.

Hmmm. So, even if you start from the premise that God was able to create the world, he couldn't have created it in a way that appeared to have evolved? I choose not to underestimate Him.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Hmmm. So, even if you start from the premise that God was able to create the world, he couldn't have created it in a way that appeared to have evolved? I choose not to underestimate Him.

More likely Evolution is how humans understand how God created this world we live in.

“The governor of Texas, who, when asked if the Bible should also be taught in Spanish, replied that ‘if English was good enough for Jesus, then it’s good enough for me’.”
― Christopher Hitchens

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
"More likely" doesn't prove a thing. Given the documentary evidence in the totality of the Bible, I'm going with God. I know you have problem with the Old Testament, but I think we do well when we trust God to be God and don't expect his ways to be our ways.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This whole argument is complicated further when I read about Christopher Hitchens life. Very convoluted story. Bisexual left wing intellectual,who on his death his brother, an intellectual himself who believed in the existence of God read a passage from St Paul's Epistle to the Philippians which Christopher had read at their father's funeral.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
This whole argument is complicated further when I read about Christopher Hitchens life. Very convoluted story. Bisexual left wing intellectual,who on his death his brother, an intellectual himself who believed in the existence of God read a passage from St Paul's Epistle to the Philippians which Christopher had read at their father's funeral.

Be nice to see that.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Headed toward fifty pages.

I wonder if we'll have a consensus by then?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

“My own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line, and kiss my ass.”
― Christopher Hitchens

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
TWhere was an intent for a consensus mentioned.

The question was, which theory of evolution presented in the video did unbelievers believe in?

Did you watch the vid...., uh, nevermind.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

So your god is a trickster god?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Evolution IS a Theory. It is not proven Fact. THAT is why it is still a Theory...it is one of the most substantiated theory I can think of. Pick up a fossil, any fossil...
LIKE I SAID: “TONS of strong evidence has been posted on here supporting Evolution. It is a done deal and because it is science it will continually be reinforced.”

Like I said, this is a misappropriation of science. A theory is either proven, disproven or rejected. Two out of the three means it‘s not a “done deal”. Not by the scientific method, anyway. Evidence can support a disproved or rejected theory. Where are the scientific term enforcers when one of their own is using contradicting terms? My, how the standards are different.

Biblical Creation is not supported by evidence. In fact, it does not stand up to anything close to proof.

Correct. No argument there. Good thing it doesn’t claim authenticity by the scientific method.

AND LIKE HE SAID: “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens

Philosophy is not scientific, nor christianity. Emotional rant. Relevance? None.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

“My own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line, and kiss my ass.”
― Christopher Hitchens

"It would have to be his dead ass now."
--ChuckKY

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

No. He is a father, who loves his children. Much like we are. Do we teach out children calculus when they’re 2 years old? Do we explain the elemental charts at 4? No, because they’re not ready.

Do we thwart their desire to explore by fetching all they may be interested in and place it in their immediate grasp? No.

Do we capitulate to our children when they demand they’re correct? When they think you don’t understand? How about when they have their teenage delusions? No.

Despite all of the knowledge and experience you’ve gained, have you passed it all on to them so they are at your current stage when they’re 18? No.

He is a father and although he is perfect, he didn’t create us as such. Why? I don’t know. I don’t claim to know.

Now, can you produce the missing link between ape and man?

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
He's a meany because HE gives HIS created in HIS image free will, uh, kinda like most of us do with OUR OWN KIDS.

DUH!

These geniuses are so smart they can figure out all creation but not that we have free will? So they throw up the straw man, "Why does GOD let us screw things up"
Flimsy. Disingenuous. Geniuses who believe in their own selves and yet cant remember what they've been told over and over before.

Sheesh. But yet they are smart enough to tell believers how wrong we are? YGBKM.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/22/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

First of all, he is your god too, whether you realize it or not. That being said,no he is not a trickster. But he does give every man a choice as to what to believe and do, starting in the Garden of Eden. Without choice there can be no faith and if there is one thing that the Bible makes clear, it's that God wants us to have faith in Him; and more importantly to have faith in Jesus. Absolute proof requires no faith at all; neither does coercion for that matter. So evidence of evolution is certainly out there, but it is far from conclusive and that again is, I think, by design. It's your choice to make. I've made mine. I am no bible scholar, but these are the conclusions I have come to after much consideration.

I'm out until tomorrow. Have good evening, gents.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RayF
Evolution IS a Theory. It is not proven Fact. THAT is why it is still a Theory...it is one of the most substantiated theory I can think of. Pick up a fossil, any fossil...
LIKE I SAID: “TONS of strong evidence has been posted on here supporting Evolution. It is a done deal and because it is science it will continually be reinforced.”

Like I said, this is a misappropriation of science. A theory is either proven, disproven or rejected. Two out of the three means it‘s not a “done deal”. Not by the scientific method, anyway. Evidence can support a disproved or rejected theory. Where are the scientific term enforcers when one of their own is using contradicting terms? My, how the standards are different.

Biblical Creation is not supported by evidence. In fact, it does not stand up to anything close to proof.

Correct. No argument there. Good thing it doesn’t claim authenticity by the scientific method.

AND LIKE HE SAID: “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens

Philosophy is not scientific, nor christianity. Emotional rant. Relevance? None.

Where did you ever get the idea that a theory has to be proven or disproved and rejected? Many have been around a very long time.
The theory of evolution has evolved as we learn more and more about the world/cosmos. It is a done deal because it is the theory that science can work with. There is no other path that come close. Darwin’s Theory has stood since 1859.

And Hitchens got it right also.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RayF

― Christopher Hitchens

And once again, you demonstrate that you don't even know the difference between a hypothesis and a theory.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

First of all, he is your god too, whether you realize it or not. That being said,no he is not a trickster...

Of the thousands of dieties man has created
to sooth and satisfy himself,
Why is your idea of a diety the one for AS?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Unbelievers dont understand why believers dont seek scientific proof as they want.

It's a tenant of Faith, the hingepin of belief and would defy GODS instruction.

Also, if there were proof of Heaven and God, unbelievers would believe and there would be no need for the lake of fire. No unbelievers thrown in the lake of fire would make God a liar.

HE gave us free will to choose. If there was proof, people would believe by evidence and not the free will to choose.

It would be as if HE had coerced them.

Who wants to be in Heaven with those who were coerced or forced to be there.

It would be like the US where those born here get the benefits that essentially are a coercive force to be here. Not good.

B.S argument. According to mainline Christians Beliefs Lucifer knew with absolute certainty that God and Heaven were real, but still exercised his free will against God.

And God sure didn't care about Pharaoh's free will, intentionally hardening his heart to create an excuse for Gods murder of innocent children.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 06/22/20.

Page 46 of 95 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,948
Posts18,480,351
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.