Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 51 of 95 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 94 95
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
I think jag is off his meds again...

Lithium medication toxicity can cause permanent cerebral damage.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
GB4

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
I think jag is off his meds again...

Lithium medication toxicity can cause permanent cerebral damage.

Apparently, you speak from personal experience.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RayF
Two whacked out christians with totally diff
views... One says his God is everybodies God,
the other says otherwise...anybody rushing
to be a member of their hotch-botch 'church' ?

Its a strange drug they are on, when it can send
one's mind in any random haphazard direction.

ROMANS 14
Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

Amen.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bi-POLAR symptoms~
Mood: mood swings, anger, anxiety,euphoria, general discontent, aggression,
Cognitive: unwanted thoughts, delusion,
false belief of superiority,
Psychological: paranoia.

jX down to a T.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Two whacked out christians with totally diff
views... One says his God is everybodies God,
the other says otherwise...anybody rushing
to be a member of their hotch-botch 'church' ?

Its a strange drug they are on, when it can send
one's mind in any random haphazard direction.

ROMANS 14
Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

Oh, I love it when they lie and obfuscate and bear false witness.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Bi-POLAR symptoms~
Mood: mood swings, anger, anxiety,euphoria, general discontent, aggression,
Cognitive: unwanted thoughts, delusion,
false belief of superiority,
Psychological: paranoia.

jX down to a T.

Congenital supidity symptoms, Starman Sindrome. grin

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/23/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
So, starman, you dont remember the question or what?

It was, were you referring to AS and myself as whacked out Christians?

Do you not even remember who you were referring to?

Well, that's not surprising in the least.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Congenital supidity symptoms, Starman Sindrome.

I rest my case.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

So your god is a trickster god?

First of all, he is your god too, whether you realize it or not. That being said,no he is not a trickster. But he does give every man a choice as to what to believe and do, starting in the Garden of Eden. Without choice there can be no faith and if there is one thing that the Bible makes clear, it's that God wants us to have faith in Him; and more importantly to have faith in Jesus. Absolute proof requires no faith at all; neither does coercion for that matter. So evidence of evolution is certainly out there, but it is far from conclusive and that again is, I think, by design. It's your choice to make. I've made mine. I am no bible scholar, but these are the conclusions I have come to after much consideration.

I'm out until tomorrow. Have good evening, gents.

I see no good evidence to believe in the existence of the god you claim, nor do I worship it. If you wish to claim he's my god as well, first you need to present sufficient evidence for his existence.

Additionally, of course your portrail of your alleged god is that of a trickster, one who makes the world appear billions of years old, when you claim it's only a few thousand for the sole purpose of tricking people into not believing he's real so he can send them to Hell where they will burn forever, and infinite punishment for the finite crime of following evidence to it's logical conclusion.

Since you claim my God is fictitious, it is every bit as incumbent on you to present sufficient evidence for his non-existence, which goes back to what I have been saying from the beginning: There is never going to be sufficient evidence (i.e. proof) one way or another. My statement reflected my belief that He is God of all humanity. I freely admit that I can't prove my belief, but you in your intellectual arrogance cannot admit that you can't prove anything you believe either. But you sure as heck can demand that other folks prove stuff to you.

Secondly, I did not portray God as a trickster, that is merely how you characterized him. I only offered an alternative interpretation of the evidence that you see in only one way. It is the only way I can see to reconcile the evidence that science has produced with the documentary evidence in the Bible as a whole. If there is another way to reconcile the two, I'm all ears.

Third, I did not claim God did anything for the sole purpose of tricking people so he can send them to Hell. This is a blatant lie.

It is impossible to have a discussion with someone who constantly misrepresents what the other person says. I knew this going in, don't know why I bothered to try (again) with you.

I do appreciate your response on the thread about pocket handgun carry, however.

I did not state "your god is fictitious". Read my post again, but this time, do so carefully.

AS, the reason I asked is because I thought you had said you were an atheist, but I may be incorrect on that.

May I ask if you think, referring to your above threads, think our GOD is fictitious? I'm just not understanding some of your, seemingly to me, tricky posts above.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
They evolved.

Like the island people have webbed toes, right?

Island people have never needed webbed toes for swimming.

Except for some of the people in the British Isles. Mostly south of Scotland.

I'm just wondering why if animals swam in the waters and wanted food on land, why they didnt grow feet and still keep some fins and gills for going swimming.

It seems to me it could have served them well when trying to get away from sabretoothed critters or even pterodactyls.

For that matter, I can see where birds wanted hands and arms, but why didnt they just grow them and keep their wings for flying, especially when they were young and lithe rather than old and fat.

I think I've seen pics of horses with wings. I guess that was the link between birds and horses. I wonder why they didnt use and lost their wings? They should have come in handy dodging sabetooths and prairie fires.

I guess it was just the smart birds which started trying to build nests with their wings which morphed into hands. I never see chickens trying to build chiett with their wings.

No, those dumb clucks sure missed out.

They could have built traps and bows and arrows and guns and - had chicken for dinner.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/23/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

So your god is a trickster god?

First of all, he is your god too, whether you realize it or not. That being said,no he is not a trickster. But he does give every man a choice as to what to believe and do, starting in the Garden of Eden. Without choice there can be no faith and if there is one thing that the Bible makes clear, it's that God wants us to have faith in Him; and more importantly to have faith in Jesus. Absolute proof requires no faith at all; neither does coercion for that matter. So evidence of evolution is certainly out there, but it is far from conclusive and that again is, I think, by design. It's your choice to make. I've made mine. I am no bible scholar, but these are the conclusions I have come to after much consideration.

I'm out until tomorrow. Have good evening, gents.

I see no good evidence to believe in the existence of the god you claim, nor do I worship it. If you wish to claim he's my god as well, first you need to present sufficient evidence for his existence.

Additionally, of course your portrail of your alleged god is that of a trickster, one who makes the world appear billions of years old, when you claim it's only a few thousand for the sole purpose of tricking people into not believing he's real so he can send them to Hell where they will burn forever, and infinite punishment for the finite crime of following evidence to it's logical conclusion.

Since you claim my God is fictitious, it is every bit as incumbent on you to present sufficient evidence for his non-existence, which goes back to what I have been saying from the beginning: There is never going to be sufficient evidence (i.e. proof) one way or another. My statement reflected my belief that He is God of all humanity. I freely admit that I can't prove my belief, but you in your intellectual arrogance cannot admit that you can't prove anything you believe either. But you sure as heck can demand that other folks prove stuff to you.

Secondly, I did not portray God as a trickster, that is merely how you characterized him. I only offered an alternative interpretation of the evidence that you see in only one way. It is the only way I can see to reconcile the evidence that science has produced with the documentary evidence in the Bible as a whole. If there is another way to reconcile the two, I'm all ears.

Third, I did not claim God did anything for the sole purpose of tricking people so he can send them to Hell. This is a blatant lie.

It is impossible to have a discussion with someone who constantly misrepresents what the other person says. I knew this going in, don't know why I bothered to try (again) with you.

I do appreciate your response on the thread about pocket handgun carry, however.

I did not state "your god is fictitious". Read my post again, but this time, do so carefully.

AS, the reason I asked is because I thought you had said you were an atheist, but I may be incorrect on that.

May I ask if you think, referring to your above threads, think our GOD is fictitious? I'm just not understanding some of your, seemingly to me, tricky posts above.

Jax,

I've been very clear about my position over several years and dozens of these threads. An Atheist is someone who doesn't accept any theistic claims, because non-have met their burden of proof. That is different from, what in modern parlance is called an anti-theist who actively asserts "There are no gods". It's the difference between saying a defendant is "not guilty" and "innocent". Just because the prosecution presented insufficient evidence for a guilty verdict, it doesn't mean the person is also "innocent".

There are certain definitions of certain gods that I will say do not exist. This is pretty straight forward when god definitions are contradictory, or nonsensical. On of the challenges with the Christian god, is there is no single definition of what constitutes "The Christian God". Heck Christian's can't agree on the basics, works vs. faith, and as evidenced in this thread if it even requires a belief in a young earth, or literalalist interpertation of the Bible, of if the Christian God is "beyond the covers of any book". As a result, it makes it very difficult to take an anti-theist position when you don't even know the bounds of what you are arguing against. As I've mentioned, and demonstrated in previous threads, Christians are famous for "moving the goal posts" and redefining their god when the definition is use is conclusively disproven.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
I seem to remember you making remarks along the lines of 'science is based on faith' which implies that science has an unsound foundation.

May I suggest you revisit my posts about which you write and reread it/them?

My position has always been: The consensus among christians and evolutionists is that science is not based on faith. Despite this widespread acceptance, human evolutionists depart from this in their final conclusion. That’s not to say science isn’t involved. They just choose to abandon the purist form of the scientific method and surreptitiously insert subjective results. By doing so, they depart the practice of true science and enter the realm of philosophy and/or religion. The irony being: True science is based on being proven and denounces faith-based jumps to conclusion, regardless of size.

Subjectivity may be required in certain aspects of science, but using it to draw a final conclusion disputed inside its own secular practice not science. It’s as if the largely-touted open mind of science is traded for that of a religious zealot. A true scientific mind would say human evolution is probable, but not definite.

From that point, it turns into the quagmire of slander and subjectivity akin to a Jerry Springer show. Instead of being able to prove the point in the purist scientific form, deflection, entrapment and the “cherry-picking” of evidence are used to discredit anyone or anything not in full agreement.

As for faith in science, maybe I got you mixed up with another poster, it's hard to keep track.

But then you are claiming that evolutionists depart from science, into faith.

Which is essentially saying that evolution is not science, that it is faith.

Given the overwhelming that supports evidence, it is a false claim. Evolution is not faith based.

It has stood a hundred and fifty years of testing, and just because a small percentage of young earth creationists seek to question it doesn't mean that the reality of evolution is questionable.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
How about those old earth creationists?

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
AS sees no evidence. His mantra. The extent of his masters battle. The trap satan sets for fools who fall therein. And in their misery and loneliness, call for others to come in and join them.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Jag, that's not necessarily true. As an example, if I claim there's a quarter on the table in front of you, and you can see and feel the entire surface of the table, and it's completely devoid of all object, the absence of evidence is evidence of absence. Conversely we can eliminate definitions of gods that require specific conditions contrary to what we are able to observe. We know Zeus does not live at the top of Mount Olympus, because we've been to the top of it. Likewise, we know there is no hard firmament surrounding earth because we've been to the moon and sent probes even further into space.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Earth Creationists come in all ages. Some are young and some are old.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Because you have never seen leprechauns
or Santa traveling in his flying slay and Reindeer,
is there still a chance in your mind they still exist?

Wiithout evidence you have no verifiable facts.

Facts are required to substantiate the existence of
something and are consistent with objective reality
not ones subjective beliefs.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Not related to the genesis description of a literal six days of creation, mornings and evenings, etc, or natural evolution as recorded in the fossil record, strata, genetics, natural selection, common descent and so on....

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Absence of evidence is evidence where and when evidence should be found. If something is claimed to exist, it should leave some trace of its existence.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's a schitt load of stuff that exists
in people's minds and not shown to exist
Anywhere else.

¶ Christians imagined that Jews were the cause
of the black plague.
¶ Christians imagined that pagan Viking raids
were God punishing them for their transgressions.
¶ Christians believe earthquakes, floods, fires and
hurricanes are God dispensing his vegeance/justice.
¶ Christians believe those who question their
personal beliefs are working for their christian
narrative devil.
¶ Christians believe those who don't accept their
God are going to burn in hell.

They take ALL the above subjective beliefs
as being objective fact.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
They evolved.

Like the island people have webbed toes, right?

Island people have never needed webbed toes for swimming.

Except for some of the people in the British Isles. Mostly south of Scotland.

I'm just wondering why if animals swam in the waters and wanted food on land, why they didnt grow feet and still keep some fins and gills for going swimming.

It seems to me it could have served them well when trying to get away from sabretoothed critters or even pterodactyls.

For that matter, I can see where birds wanted hands and arms, but why didnt they just grow them and keep their wings for flying, especially when they were young and lithe rather than old and fat.

I think I've seen pics of horses with wings. I guess that was the link between birds and horses. I wonder why they didnt use and lost their wings? They should have come in handy dodging sabetooths and prairie fires.

I guess it was just the smart birds which started trying to build nests with their wings which morphed into hands. I never see chickens trying to build chiett with their wings.

No, those dumb clucks sure missed out.

They could have built traps and bows and arrows and guns and - had chicken for dinner.

I hope you don't plan to see any patience for at least the rest of this week. crazy

Page 51 of 95 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,430 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,943
Posts18,480,152
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.