-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Observation in church today, 90% or better wearing masks, way up from last Sunday. Also attendance was at least 25% less. Most shaking hands and hugging etc then sitting down and screwing around the the mask that's worrying the chit out of them.
The mask may do some good if the user has some idea how to put it on and take it off correctly but what I see most folks doing while forced to wear one is actually going to cause more harm than good.

They don't just hand you a respirator and PPE in a nuclear plant, they make damn sure you can don and disrobe without spreading contaminates.

The statewide mandatory mask requirement will actually cause more harm than good IMO.

I wonder if this is the most studied and tested "flu" ever? Wonder if we tested, tracked and studied any other flu would not the numbers look the same?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Observation in church today, 90% or better wearing masks, way up from last Sunday. Also attendance was at least 25% less. Most shaking hands and hugging etc then sitting down and screwing around the the mask that's worrying the chit out of them.
The mask may do some good if the user has some idea how to put it on and take it off correctly but what I see most folks doing while forced to wear one is actually going to cause more harm than good.

They don't just hand you a respirator and PPE in a nuclear plant, they make damn sure you can don and disrobe without spreading contaminates.

The statewide mandatory mask requirement will actually cause more harm than good IMO.

I wonder if this is the most studied and tested "flu" ever? Wonder if we tested, tracked and studied any other flu would not the numbers look the same?

Standby for questions about your PhD and if you majored in virology.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"I wonder if this is the most studied and tested "flu" ever? Wonder if we tested, tracked and studied any other flu would not the numbers look the same?"

Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by blindshooter

Standby for questions about your PhD and if you majored in virology.

The Doc running the Mayo Clinic's COVID-19 research program was asked on live TV the other day if there was any research that proved wearing a face mask will protect you from getting a virus . He said there has been no research or trials that proved they did but they just think it's a good idea.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by okie
Mortality is what we should be looking at. Currently Oklahoma's mortality rate is a screaming 0.1%. Case rates are rising but the state is ready for that More PPE is available. 5000 beds are sitting ready in case of a rise. Current cases in hospital are only 277 . Business openings are at stage 3 since June 1st and will stay open. Current unemployment here is 13% and going down. Shut downs were meant to allow the state to get ready and not overrun health care and is successful . The virus is not going away but neither are we . There may never be a vaccine so herd immunity is our pal . These are real numbers .

Where do you get the 0.1% mortality rate for OK? According to the OK state health dept., the number of positives is 12,944 and the deaths at 385, which would give a mortality rate of 3%.
I certainly believe there are a lot more positives than what has been tested which would lower the mortality rate considerably, but I'm just wondering who's reporting a 0.1% mortality rate.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I prefer to look at this the other way around.

Utah has just over three million people, and just over 20,000 reported cases. That means that less than 1% of the people "have it."

Of those who "have it" most are symptom-free - which in my book is just about as good as "not having it."

Of those who "have it" less than 1% are sick enough to be hospitalized at the moment (just over 150) which is a rolling number as most recovered and were released.

Of the total who had it bad enough to die from it (again just over 150) were less than 1% of those hospitalized.

All told, that means that 99.99% of Utah's people either don't have it, had it but don't even know it, or had it and recovered from it just fine.

So this whole damn scamdemic/dempanic is about 0.05% of the population. For Utah, that's fewer than five people out of twenty thousand if my math is correct.

For which we wrecked our economy, went trillions of dollars deeper in debt, and surrendered many personal freedoms to a passel of Chicken Littles.

Your math is a little off based on the Utah health dept. They report 21,100 positives with 1396 ever hospitalized, which gives a 6.6% hospitalization rate. They also report 167 deaths for a mortality rate of 0.8%. Of those deaths, they do not break down if they died in a hospital or not, so it's hard to get a rate of deaths per hospitalization. If they were all in the hospital, the rate would be 12%, but of course it's much lower because many of those probably died in a nursing home.

Regardless, we have no idea how many positives there really are, so those rates are somewhat meaningless. What it does show though is Utah has a very low mortality rate regardless of what the real numbers are.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by victoro

The Doc running the Mayo Clinic's COVID-19 research program was asked on live TV the other day if there was any research that proved wearing a face mask will protect you from getting a virus . He said there has been no research or trials that proved they did but they just think it's a good idea.

Yeah.

It's called virtue signaling.

The medical profession is worse than most.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

Your math is a little of based on the Utah health dept. They report 21,100 positives with 1396 ever hospitalized, which gives a 6.6% hospitalization rate. They also report 167 deaths for a mortality rate of 0.8%. Of those deaths, they do not break down if they died in a hospital or not, so it's hard to get a rate of deaths per hospitalization. If they were all in the hospital, the rate would be 12%, but of course it's much lower because many of those probably died in a nursing home.

Regardless, we have no idea how many positives there really are, so those rates are somewhat meaningless. What it does show though is Utah has a very low mortality rate regardless of what the real numbers are.

Translation:

"Rocky is right."

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I have only touched my face once in the last thirty years.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Your math is a little off based on the Utah health dept. They report 21,100 positives with 1396 ever hospitalized, which gives a 6.6% hospitalization rate. They also report 167 deaths for a mortality rate of 0.8%. Of those deaths, they do not break down if they died in a hospital or not, so it's hard to get a rate of deaths per hospitalization. If they were all in the hospital, the rate would be 12%, but of course it's much lower because many of those probably died in a nursing home.

Translation:

"Rocky is right."

He's right about it not being that big a deal, just off on some of the numbers. Was I not clear?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

He's right about it not being that big a deal, just off on some of the numbers. Was I not clear?

Clear? Maybe.

Succinct? No.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Clear? Maybe.

Succinct? No.

I'm a numbers guy, so if we're going to talk numbers, then we should talk numbers. Otherwise leave numbers out of it. Not sure how to make it any more quick and easy than I did.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Clear? Maybe.

Succinct? No.

I'm a numbers guy, so if we're going to talk numbers, then we should talk numbers. Otherwise leave numbers out of it. Not sure how to make it any more quick and easy than I did.

If you were dealing with real numbers I'd agree with you.

COVID numbers are 100% bullschit and have been from day one.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Some fun for SmaulRetard, and maybe make Bristoe feel a little better:

"But then all of a sudden early in June the mainstream media did a George Orwell and lectured us that it is all about “cases” and has always been all about “cases.” Death, and especially infection fatality rate, were irrelevant. Why? Because from the peak in April, deaths had decreased by 90 percent and were continuing to crash. That was not terrifying enough so the media pretended this good news did not exist.

With massive increases in testing, the “case” numbers climbed. This is not rocket science: the more people you test the more “cases” you discover.

In Texas the “second wave” propaganda has gotten so bad that the leaders of the four major hospitals in Houston took the extraordinary step late last week of holding a joint press conference to clarify that the scare stories of Houston hospitals being overwhelmed with Covid cases are simply untrue. Dr. Marc Boom of Houston Methodist said the reporting on hospital capacity is misleading. He said, “quite frankly, we’re concerned that there is a level of alarm in the community that is unwarranted right now.”

In fact, there has been much reporting that the “spike” in Texas cases is not due to a resurgence of the virus but to hospital practices of Covid-testing every patient coming in for any procedure at all. If it’s a positive, well that counts as a “Covid hospitalization.” Why would hospitals be so dishonest in their diagnoses? Billions of appropriated Federal dollars are being funneled to facilities based on the number of “Covid cases” they can produce. As I’ve always said, if you subsidize something you get more of it. And that’s why we are getting more Covid cases."

https://www.newswars.com/ron-paul-the-media-is-lying-about-the-second-wave/

Even Ron Paul gets it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by victoro

Yeah.

It's called virtue signaling.

The medical profession is worse than most.

Yep. You never want to be at a party with more than 2 cops, blacks or people in the medical profession.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
This is the biggest ripoff in modern history. Fu.......ck the covid propagandists.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Hell. I’d let ‘em inject me with a viral load of the baloney virus.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Open your search engine, Google or whatever. In the search box, enter any number, 1000 or below, and then the words "new cases". Like this: "995 new cases". Then search. Do it a dozen times, picking a different number. Try it a hundred times. What you will find are innumerable links to "new covid19 cases" called news.

You should all understand that all these major news sites have an algorithm that will create whatever story on command, as a page loads. You should understand that it is ALL fake news. You should understand that you are being lied to everywhere, all the time.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Add in the antibody studies, and the CDC says 10-20X more were infected. So that bumps the numbers back. Then take a guess at "suspected to get federal money" cases, and the numbers are even less.
More positives with out ventilators is herd immunity.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by joken2

I find it quite telling how in this color coded map of current total numbers of positive Covid 19 test results per county they go from 0 to 50 positve cases using three color codes but only one for 51 all the way to 4,000:

[Linked Image from chfs.ky.gov]

...in the counties with 51 to 4,000 positive cases, as of today only 1 county is close to 4,000 at 3,820 --- 2 counties have above 1,000 but less than 1,500 positives --- 2 with less than 800 (785 /594) --- 3 in the 400s (495 / 428 / 405) --- 4 in the 200s --- 15 in the 100s --- and 19 counties with between 51 and 100 positives...

The map in the URL below has count by county. Yeah, they could be a little more granular with the color coding.

KY Covid Dashboard...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Fubarski
The latest scam is to count everbody in the hospital that has Covid as a "Covid hospitalization".

Every patient in the hospital is tested every day for it, to try and pump up the numbers.

So, look for the next fake news ta be the "people hospitalized with Covid".

They're in the hospital because of appendicitis, broke leg, diabetes or cancer or whatever, but they're counted as "hospitalized with Covid".

So that's what they do in the hospital you work in? Cause that's not the case for the hospital I work in at all. For the most part we don't want Covid pts and send them home straight from the ER as best we can. And no, every pt is not tested every day for covid unless there is a reason to believe they have it. Most only get tested on admit.

He's making schidt up again.

PaulCovtard. The gift, that keeps on givin.

Lindsey Rosales, a spokeswoman for the Texas Department of State Health Services, confirmed to Just the News this week that the state is categorizing every inpatient in the state with a positive COVID-19 test as a COVID-19 hospitalization.

"The number of hospitalized patients includes patients with a lab-confirmed case of COVID-19 even if the person is admitted to the hospital for a different reason," Rosales said.

She said the state does not keep track of the patients hospitalized with the coronavirus versus those hospitalized specifically because of it."

The number of hospitalizations are "being misinterpreted," said Houston Methodist CEO Marc Boom, "and, quite frankly, we’re concerned that there is a level of alarm in the community that is unwarranted right now."

He pointed out that his hospital one year ago was at 95% ICU capacity, similar to the numbers the hospital is seeing today. "It is completely normal for us to have ICU capacities that run in the 80s and 90s," he said. "That's how all hospitals operate."

https://justthenews.com/politics-po...nting-every-covid-positive-hospital-case

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.