Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 57 of 95 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 94 95
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Being that for you it's a way of life, I suspect that means very little, if anything would actually change as it applies to your daily actions?
Oh I disagree. Bigly. And there’s more to livin’ than just our “daily actions”. It’s not just a way of life...it’s also a relationship...even more so than a way of life. Again, I would miss, very much, the relationship that I have with my Creator (and all that that entails).
Whom do you love most in the world AS...? Your wife and /or your kids...? Your life likely revolves around whom you love the most. If whom you love the most were all of a sudden gone...would it not profoundly affect practically every aspect of your life...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB4

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If the fall is allegory and the sacrifice of the redeemer is allegory....what exactly is true?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Ringman
Jesus says, "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord,...And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me...'"

When Jesus said “Come to me, ALL who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest”, I’m convinced that He meant it.

What veracity do the Synoptic Gospels have
regarding anything A Jesus may have said,
considering they are not biographies, but oral
tradition stories passed down and (eventually)
written down by anonymous authors who
did not personally witness a Jesus say any
such things.

History provides scant direct evidence about such
events, but does suggest that early Christians
engaged in a most basic human activity known as
story-telling.... probabiility there is that people
were already prone to defining Jesus in a way
to suit themselves.

Originally Posted by DBT

, including the 6 day creation 6k to 10k years ago......

Does Ringman ring a bell?

Ringos fastidious research indicates the oldest
supernova is still less than 7000 yrs.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Starman

to suit themselves.

Thank goodness we got all those eyewitness accounts of evolution to help us know with certainty that creation is a lie. Nothing like a guy with a telescope telling you how the earth was created.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So fossils were fabricated and put in place
by God only to test your faith in creation,
and comparative Genome studies are devised
by that other trickster the devil.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HitnRun

to suit themselves.

Thank goodness we got all those eyewitness accounts of evolution to help us know with certainty that creation is a lie. Nothing like a guy with a telescope telling you how the earth was created.

Geological strata is evidence for the age of the Earth. The fossil record proclaims the evolution of life on the planet. Three billion years of microbes before multicellular life emerged, five major extinction events, etc, etc. The evidence is there.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by DBT

to suit themselves.

Geological strata is evidence for the age of the Earth. The fossil record proclaims the evolution of life on the planet. Three billion years of microbes before multicellular life emerged, five major extinction events, etc, etc. The evidence is there.

Evidence convicted more than one innocent man.

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

to suit themselves.

Geological strata is evidence for the age of the Earth. The fossil record proclaims the evolution of life on Earth. Three billion years of microbes before multicellular life emerged, five major extinction events, etc, etc. The evidence is there.

Evidence convicted more than one innocent man.

Lack of adequate evidence might have. Fabricated evidence may have. Eyewitness reports can be notoriously unreliable.

Evolution has more than sufficient evidence to prove its reality.

Evolution has been put on trial and passed with flying colours.

The fossil record, genetics, common decent, geology, etc, cannot lie or be mistaken. It is there for anyone to examine.

Evolution has been tested for 150 years and withstood every test.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So fossils were fabricated and put in place
by God only to test your faith in creation,
and comparative Genome studies are devised
by that other trickster the devil.

Apparently, fossils only count when they work in the favor of evolution as the so-called science-minded pretend they exist to support the theory of human evolution.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Pretend? The evidence is there for anyone to see.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT

The missing link(s) have been found?

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I think the Christian religion would attract more people if they just threw out the entire book of Genesis...
Or at least address the many instances of allegory that it contains. Even Jesus used parables in His teachings, and they are clear examples of allegory.

If there was no fall, what need of Jesus the redeemer?

Evolution being true doesn't negate a first man into whom God breathed a soul, then forming Eve from his rib. At some point, our mere animal ancestors became homo sapien sapien. God plucked Adam from amongst them (formed Adam from the muck of the earth), and made him the first man into which he breathed a soul, then Eve from him. Adam's ancestor species then died out by God's provenance.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DBT
I think the Christian religion would attract more people if they just threw out the entire book of Genesis...
Or at least address the many instances of allegory that it contains. Even Jesus used parables in His teachings, and they are clear examples of allegory.

If The Fall is just allegory, why not Jesus as allegory?

That's quite obviously unreasonable, but you are free to believe it.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by DBT

Evolution being true doesn't negate a first man into whom God breathed a soul, then forming Eve from his rib. At some point, our mere animal ancestors became homo sapien sapien. God plucked Adam from amongst them (formed Adam from the muck of the earth), and made him the first man into which he breathed a soul, then Eve from him. Adam's ancestor species then died out by God's provenance.

That's kind of a kid's "T" ball look at it. This way we all win. Make sure that the truth is not found in evolution , as hard as the evolutionary backers believe, they still can't disprove Creation.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
.....That's kind of a kid's "T" ball look at it. This way we all win. Make sure that the truth is not found in evolution , as hard as the evolutionary backers believe, they still can't disprove Creation.

You have the argument wrong way around - the burden is in providing proof. There is no proof of creation.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 07/07/20.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
.....That's kind of a kid's "T" ball look at it. This way we all win. Make sure that the truth is not found in evolution , as hard as the evolutionary backers believe, they still can't disprove Creation.

You have the argument wrong way around - the burden is in providing proof. There is no proof of creation.

It is all around you and can't be seen by people like you, yet you cling to no proof of evolution, and continue to claim the high ground. This battle won't be solved on earth or in a classroom, it will just be a big disappointment to all you non believers immediately upon death. I won't say I told you so, but then again I just might.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

It is all around you and can't be seen by people like you, yet you cling to no proof of evolution, and continue to claim the high ground. This battle won't be solved on earth or in a classroom, it will just be a big disappointment to all you non believers immediately upon death. I won't say I told you so, but then again I just might.

Well you're seeing things that don't exist.

There's proof of evolution.

I'm not claiming any sort of moral or intellectual high ground - just a basis of facts.

This perceived "battle" (some might call it debate) ends when we die, because when we die, that's it, we're dead, lights out, no more, nothing afterwards, no after life. After death reprisals are just a threat invented by believers to try and achieve compliance to their propaganda - if it weren't sullied by a track record of abuse, prejudice and violence, it might actually be considered admirable if the declared virtues and values were sincerely meant and acted upon. The good sheep are happy though I suppose.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RayF
Originally Posted by DBT

The missing link(s) have been found?

There are many transitional fossils. Anyone can check.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by DBT

Genesis describes special creation, not evolution. Adam is said to have been created not evolved. Special creation contradicts the natural order of things, that life evolved, common decent, natural selection, environment pressures, etc.

Last edited by DBT; 07/07/20.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Nope. It's a matter of faith that God set things rolling, and in such a way that he knew the end result from the beginning.

This is quite distinct, by the way, from the proposition called intelligent design, however, which is overwhelmingly disproved by science. Although God knows end results from the beginning, this doesn't require any guidance on his part as to process and course of development.

Page 57 of 95 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,268
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.